Sign in to follow this  
BEE

Morelos is our best striker since...

Sorry but I’ll have to go back quite a bit to our most talented centre forward (IMO) which was Jim Forrest who got frozen out by the manager Scot Symon as a scapegoat for the Infamous Berwick Rangers defeat.

He scored his first 50 goals in 45 games and finished with stats of 145 goals in only 163 games. Can only imagine how many he would have scored if he’d not been frozen out by the club.

46 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Jelavic would’ve gotten us 30 goals easy imo. Didn’t he get 18 in the 10-11 season despite missing a good chunk thanks to Ian black?

i think a few goals vs the tims in the next 2 games will boost Morelos up abit in the rankings especially if they’re winning goals mind!!

arveladze looking back was quality- oozed class and the year he teamed up with prso the 2 of them were excellent together.  Watch the 51 and counting dvd and they’re just 2 real class players together.

He needs a brace against them as they’ll be nothing better than him breaking their hearts and giving us the 1st cup then the league. It’s going to happen but hopefully sooner rather than later 

5 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Oh bold statement

Morelos and Jelavic are two very complete centre forwards.  A class apart from the rest IMO.  

Morelos surpasses Jelavic easy and he's not even in his prime yet. 

I can't even note Morelos having any injuries since being with us except for a hip injury I think it was back in 2017? (I  hope I haven't jinxed him saying that now) 

On 08/11/2019 at 11:53, BEE said:

...finish that sentence as I’m struggling to.

Reckon even though he’s not done it against the tims yet he’s surpassed Jelavic.

Arthur Scargill

Great discussion and it’s a good debatable point. I would say Prso but as I was reading through the posts, all that kept coming back to me is that Morelos is 23. 

23 for fuck sake. Alfredo Morelos is the best 23 year old we have had since........ Barry Ferguson? 

MisterC likes this

On 08/11/2019 at 20:42, The Godfather said:

No one gets near Mols for me in terms of talent and ability.

The guy operated on a different level, the things he could do were frightening at times.

A footballing genius

i think it depends on the type of striker. as players like prso and hately did more than goals. and players like boyd and lesser extent jelavic thrived on goals.

boyd could never score against the filth and walter smith did not trust him but he was the most lethal finisher i have seen. i remember him scoring every type of goal in a dismantling of dundee utd.

big jelavic like novo at times scored goals in the big games. big moments.

all it takes is an old firm goal or two for alfredo to tick all the boxes that you need to tick to become a legend. his goals in europe this year in fantastic.

he is strong , smart on the ball, technically gifted and scores for fun. personally i think hes already the best striker i have seen at Rangers.

He's comparable to Jelavic. He's not at the level of Mols who was a genius. We got Mols at 28, imagine how much Morelos will achieve by that age. Going to the top.