Andy Goram and Alan McGregor

Rlm

4 hours ago, Rlm said:

Just thinking of that save in the 1st half last night by McGregor. 2 sublime keepers come to mind But who do you's think was better?...or were they just different.some may give stefan klos the nod and he was great... I think most of us older folks wud say Goram was unreal and was better. He was fantastic 1st spell but he's saved us countless times since returning under gerrard and the younger guys will only remember McGregor. But I think Andy Goram was the best we've had in my time following the club.

The werder Bremen save ! 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goram  Fun fact when I met Goram in Niagara falls he made me hold his rum and coke and when I asked for a second picture he literally tapped me in the balls lol my pal still laughs with me about it. He was steaming. 

but he was singing follow follow rite into it. 

Shagger 

\

31 minutes ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

Goram  Fun fact when I met Goram in Niagara falls he made me hold his rum and coke and when I asked for a second picture he literally tapped me in the balls lol my pal still laughs with me about it. He was steaming. 

but he was singing follow follow rite into it. 

Shagger 

\

I love the fact the music matches the era 😁.

Brilliant videos

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

It's Goram but the fact this can be asked shows how good a keeper McGregor has been for us 

Shagger or Klos is a better argument.  I don't think anyone will beat come close to Goram

McGregor is superb, but  Goram was on another level all together for me.

Short (for a keeper), fat, 2 dodgy knees and an alky but fuck me what a fuckin keeper. One on ones he was ridiculously good, one of the best ever.

Games against them he was almost unbeatable, more often than not.

Love them both.

23 minutes ago, dande101 said:

Andy Goram aka The Goalie, no cunt gets near him..... Not even Schmeichel or Buffon or any cunt never mind Allan Mcgregor, he was different class. 

At his peak Goram was one of the best in the world, ranked alongside Schmeichel, Buffon and Kahn amongst his contemporaries. 

For all McGregor is an excellent goalkeeper, no-one is under any illusions that he's among the best in the world.

Goram was on a completely different level to McGregor.  When Goram was at Rangers he was the best keeper on the planet.  The only guy you could argue was better Peter Schmeichel.  Andy was freakishly good and there was honestly times when I thought he couldn’t be beaten.  I remember the ball going in to the net and being in a state of disbelief because Andy’s ability was almost supernatural.

56 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

What other 4 were better like?

I didn't say he was fifth out of five.

Buffon, Schmeichel, Kahn, Seaman, Southall off the top of my head were all world class keepers of that era.

Goram was in that company, it's a personal opinion who was best.

For all McGregor is an excellent keeper I don't think anyone is saying he's among the best in the world.

Archived