Petition for the boys banned after Kilmarnock.

Mr Soprano

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They’ve literally got a convicted stalker who is the cause of a couple stopping attending, going to games with no ban.

There’s something not right with her still being able to attend games.

I suppose her offending may not be in breach of the ground regulations or Rangers own Ts&Cs. Surely though if your behaviour makes the ground unsafe for other people then you should be barred.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There’s something not right with her still being able to attend games.

I suppose her offending may not be in breach of the ground regulations or Rangers own Ts&Cs. Surely though if your behaviour makes the ground unsafe for other people then you should be barred.

Agreed mate.

Not really a fan of banning people for stuff that had nothing to do with football, but her stopping a normal couple going needs to have her banned.

On 15/11/2019 at 19:56, Mr Soprano said:

As some of you may be aware, Rangers Football Club have banned anybody who has been charged by Police Scotland in relation to the celebrations after Connor Goldson’s winner during the above fixture. It is worth noting that not only have these boys had their season tickets withdrawn without any compensation, they do not accept any guilt, nor have they been found guilty in a court of law, yet RFC are judging them guilty until proven innocent. We are urging the club to overturn these over zealous decisions, until/if any convictions are made.

Speaking personally, some of these boys have had season tickets for over a decade, followed us during the years which followed administration, all over Scotland and in Europe when qualification came. They are not only disappointed, but extremely saddened that the club have opted to act in this manner.

I plead with anyone who wants to help the affected to please sign the petition below. Your time and signatures are extremely appreciated.

https://www.change.org/p/Rangers-fc-for-Rangers-fc-to-revoke-club-bans-handed-to-supporters-for-kilmarnock-away-04-08-2019

Were these fans arrested for over exuberance?

I think the SLO needs to be addressing why fans are being banned before they have been to court and a verdict is given.  If anyone should understand how unfair it is to be punished before a verdict is given, it's our club.

These fans are Innocent until proven guilty. GM should be advising them on what course of action they can they take to get their ST and seats back.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Good.

Hope to fuck the club do the right thing

Hope I’m wrong but my gut feeling is that the club will stick to the bans until after the court cases.

Seems to be a favourite pass time of the board to ban good loyal supporters any chance they get. 

Everyone anyone that’s a fucking laugh. 

On 18/11/2019 at 20:36, Cedrick said:

Stepping on the shelter is the only way for the row behind to escape an emergency in that stand , no way it should be collapsing like that , the players are hugely responsible for the fans reaction, they were almost in the stand all of which was down to the excitement of the last minute winner that absolutely no one should be banned for 

Are you sure. Seems unlikely, and  if so Killie's safety license should be immediately withdrawn if there is no properly marked exit and entrance facilities, and there is no viable emergency exit. 

Safety is always the bottom line, and not only were the people in the shelter in a potential danger, I believe some were injured. Also, and very importantly,  the club itself (Kilmarnock) was also still responsible for the Health and Safety of those in the shelter, but most importantly those on the roof too who either innocently, mistakenly or deliberately took their own decision to remove themselves to an unsafe area, so legally there should be no argument on who were responsible, including the fans and Kilmarnock themselves,

And in a genuine emergency (fire, crowd crush) could be seen as a reasonable actions (Though not very well thought out actions.)

However it would have been better if a temporary ban had been given, in order to find the causes and reasons, in order to determine where responsibilities lay, and if further action instead should be taken, and more importantly who were responsible for these events, and find a better solution for the future,

An immediate long term or life time ban seems to me to have been incorrect initially, as the fans involved appear not to have had any chance of a reasonable explanation or appeal. 

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Are you sure. Seems unlikely, and  if so Killie's safety license should be immediately withdrawn if there is no properly marked exit and entrance facilities, and there is no viable emergency exit. 

Safety is always the bottom line, and not only were the people in the shelter in a potential danger, I believe some were injured. Also, and very importantly,  the club itself (Kilmarnock) was also still responsible for the Health and Safety of those in the shelter, but most importantly those on the roof too who either innocently, mistakenly or deliberately took their own decision to remove themselves to an unsafe area, so legally there should be no argument on who were responsible, including the fans and Kilmarnock themselves,

And in a genuine emergency (fire, crowd crush) could be seen as a reasonable actions (Though not very well thought out actions.)

However it would have been better if a temporary ban had been given, in order to find the causes and reasons, in order to determine where responsibilities lay, and if further action instead should be taken, and more importantly who were responsible for these events, and find a better solution for the future,

An immediate long term or life time ban seems to me to have been incorrect initially, as the fans involved appear not to have had any chance of a reasonable explanation or appeal. 

Killie were issued a warning from the council that the shelter wasn’t fit for purpose because it couldn’t take the weight of people on top of it. Couple this with the fact it is the most direct route of escape in an emergency. 
They did nothing about it. 

13 minutes ago, tannerall said:

If there’s an emergency and people In that row need to get pitch side there’s no other way than stepping onto that shelter from the row behind 

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

I’ve closed the petition after a fantastic 1,717 signatures along with countless comments in support of the boys who have been banned. It is worth noting that the courts have withdrawn the bail condition that they don’t attend Rangers matches, Rugby Park aside, and I’m delighted to say that one of the boys will be coming to the game tomorrow with me.

I sincerely thank everyone who took the time to sign this petition, and give the boys their support. Everyone may argue like cat and dog on here, but this thread has renewed my faith in this forum.

Thanks again, we are :UK:

Tell him to behave!! :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

I’ve closed the petition after a fantastic 1,717 signatures along with countless comments in support of the boys who have been banned. It is worth noting that the courts have withdrawn the bail condition that they don’t attend Rangers matches, Rugby Park aside, and I’m delighted to say that one of the boys will be coming to the game tomorrow with me.

I sincerely thank everyone who took the time to sign this petition, and give the boys their support. Everyone may argue like cat and dog on here, but this thread has renewed my faith in this forum.

Thanks again, we are :UK:

Glad to hear it mate.  Also glad he back where he belongs, watching The Rangers.

The club seem inconsistent with bannings. I've been done under the OBAF act twice, both times I had bail conditions preventing me from attending games, first time I was banned from football for 18 months, second time I was banned until my trial and was then allowed to attend after, never heard anything from the Club and was never officially banned by Rangers

On the other hand I know a guy who got lifted at Hampden for singing and he got a ban from Rangers within a week of appearing in court, the ban was lifted when he got a not proven verdict

Then you hear about folk being banned outright before even appearing in court. Theres no consistency whatsoever.