Rangers third in Europe in passing game.

Jakes Pal

Apparently Rangers are the third most passingest side in Europe only behind Man City & Ajax according to something called the CIES football observatory. I do not know if I should be pleased by this or roll my eyes at the fact that some statto out there has probably spent  days of his life working on this stat.

I suppose the stats do bear out how Stevie G is trying to play the game, but watching us week in, week out it is frustrating that we more often than not fail to turn all of our possession into the amount of goals that the chances created would warrant. Despite this, and the fact that I am the epitome of the glass half empty guy, I think that I will take this info as a definite positive and sign of our improvement under Gerrard.

54 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I do not know if I should be pleased by this or roll my eyes at the fact that some statto out there has probably spent  days of his life working on this stat.

Considering you've made a topic on it I think you can go with the former :pipe:

40 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

'specially Americans😂

Yes indeedilidoo, our Yank cousins are the undisputable Champeens, the winningest team when it comes to the rewordification of the English language. They also love their statistics, so they would love this thread.

2 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Apparently Rangers are the third most passingest side in Europe only behind Man City & Ajax according to something called the CIES football observatory. I do not know if I should be pleased by this or roll my eyes at the fact that some statto out there has probably spent  days of his life working on this stat.

I suppose the stats do bear out how Stevie G is trying to play the game, but watching us week in, week out it is frustrating that we more often than not fail to turn all of our possession into the amount of goals that the chances created would warrant. Despite this, and the fact that I am the epitome of the glass half empty guy, I think that I will take this info as a definite positive and sign of our improvement under Gerrard.

Next time we go away to Feyenoord or some other away tie . We have a 0-0 . The media will be out with the anti football quotes again :huh:

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

:p: That is so true mate . The fans in general  just want to see our players shooting as soon as they see the goalmouth .

I wonder if our mentality will ever change

Guess we're not one of the most shootingest team on the lists then ?

9 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

All jokes aside most Rangers sides in my lifetime have been terrible at ball retention in Europe both home and away. Manager deserves immense credit imo.

Agree 100%. I find it remarkable that Gerrard has managed to  install the confidence in the players to play the way they are, especially when you consider what he started with last season, and even more so now this season when we are piling so much pressure on the team to deliver. As you say, immense credit due.

Archived