Rangers third in Europe in passing game.

Jakes Pal

OP are you saying we don’t create enough because we have too many passes? Or are you suggesting we don’t score enough of the chances we create?

I’m not quite sure what you’re saying, they are fundamentally different.

There are certainly times when we fail to move the ball quickly enough.

18 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

OP are you saying we don’t create enough because we have too many passes? Or are you suggesting we don’t score enough of the chances we create?

I’m not quite sure what you’re saying, they are fundamentally different.

There are certainly times when we fail to move the ball quickly enough.

The latter, the number of goal scoring chances we create, especially domestically, but either fail to take on the shot or fail to get on target can be quite depressing. I agree that I perhaps did not make things very clear, sorry about that.

25 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

The latter, the number of goal scoring chances we create, especially domestically, but either fail to take on the shot or fail to get on target can be quite depressing. I agree that I perhaps did not make things very clear, sorry about that.

We're averaging nearly 3 goals a game in the league. What were you expecting?

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

We're averaging nearly 3 goals a game in the league. What were you expecting?

27 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

We are scoring plenty but it would be nice to see more contribute with goals other that Morelos & Defoe. In saying that, Jack & Davis are shooting more and even Kamara had a great shot on target recently. We are guilty of over passing at times but not so much lately.

5 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Apparently Rangers are the third most passingest side in Europe only behind Man City & Ajax according to something called the CIES football observatory. I do not know if I should be pleased by this or roll my eyes at the fact that some statto out there has probably spent  days of his life working on this stat.

I suppose the stats do bear out how Stevie G is trying to play the game, but watching us week in, week out it is frustrating that we more often than not fail to turn all of our possession into the amount of goals that the chances created would warrant. Despite this, and the fact that I am the epitome of the glass half empty guy, I think that I will take this info as a definite positive and sign of our improvement under Gerrard.

Plan A finally coming together!! 

Stevie Gerrard wears a magic hat! 

If you follow the link that's been posted earlier in the thread we're actually third in shots on target as well. So it's a myth that we don't create chances. 

Depressing is finishing over 20 points behind or having clowns like Caixhina as a manager . Not playing like it's FIFA and creating chance after chance is called unrealistic and entitled.

Iv saw a couple of times the during the training videos they play a game on a pitch about the size of a tennis court, there's about 10 v 10 and the object is 1 touch close passing, it's hard to follow because it's so quick and congested, but after a certain number of passes that's a point to the team with the ball, 

Iv noticed in a few games some instances where we have used this practise to get ourselves out of trouble in tight areas or keep control of the ball in tight areas, where we would otherwise have lost it, 

These passing stats will be more about keeping the ball than actually creating chances, I know it's all about scoring goals, but if we have the ball and keep it better the less chances the opposition have to score and in europe at least we are doing really well at keeping the goals against down 

8 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Iv saw a couple of times the during the training videos they play a game on a pitch about the size of a tennis court, there's about 10 v 10 and the object is 1 touch close passing, it's hard to follow because it's so quick and congested, but after a certain number of passes that's a point to the team with the ball, 

Iv noticed in a few games some instances where we have used this practise to get ourselves out of trouble in tight areas or keep control of the ball in tight areas, where we would otherwise have lost it, 

These passing stats will be more about keeping the ball than actually creating chances, I know it's all about scoring goals, but if we have the ball and keep it better the less chances the opposition have to score and in europe at least we are doing really well at keeping the goals against down 

We excelled at doing just that in Porto.

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

If you follow the link that's been posted earlier in the thread we're actually third in shots on target as well. So it's a myth that we don't create chances. 

Depressing is finishing over 20 points behind or having clowns like Caixhina as a manager . Not playing like it's FIFA and creating chance after chance is called unrealistic and entitled.

We are creating chance after chance in most games, it just seems that we are not taking as many as we should. I am not bitching because we are not winning games 10-0 every week, it is just that I fear that we are leaving one or two goals behind in some games that could come back and bite us on the arse come prize giving day. Sometimes it seems as though the players are looking for the perfect goal when any sort of goal will do, and I hope that none of our players are scared of taking a pop incase they get bollocked for a miss, apart from the real hard nuts, the fans are not going to get on the back of a player for trying to score.

Its great to actually enjoy watching us play again. We are now a real Rangers team. Actually until we win the league then we will be a real Rangers team.

At one point it was only the love for the club tht made me watch. If it was a random team playing as bad as we did I wouldnt have bothered.

Archived