Leicester behind closed doors tomorrow.

Escobar

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Still think that Docherty has the potential to be converted to play RB. Polster seems to be the current deputy for Tavernier but I’d like to try Docherty there.

That could be a fair shout.   I'm not convinced that Polster is fast enough from what little I've seen of him.

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Still think that Docherty has the potential to be converted to play RB. Polster seems to be the current deputy for Tavernier but I’d like to try Docherty there.

Suggested Docherty as a RB ages ago and was shot down. His athleticism and heart are his best assets. He could motor up and down the wing all day. He has a reasonable dig on him and likes a tackle.   

He doesn't have the touch to be a centre mid in a Rangers team. If he wants to play there it's Hearts or Stoke or some clogger team. 

A loan to the championship would be best for docherty. We'd probably get 500k or less for him now, go down to the championship for 6 months and do well, then his value shoots up massively. Look at how much bloody waghorn went for.

Best to loan him for 6 months to a decent level then sell him when he comes back. He might fail and we end up selling him for what he is worth now. I doubt we lose much with a loan and sell at the end of the season, even if he does poorly on loan. Whereas as selling him on the cheap and then he does well, we could miss out on millions.

17 hours ago, trueblueal said:

Suggested Docherty as a RB ages ago and was shot down. His athleticism and heart are his best assets. He could motor up and down the wing all day. He has a reasonable dig on him and likes a tackle.   

He doesn't have the touch to be a centre mid in a Rangers team. If he wants to play there it's Hearts or Stoke or some clogger team. 

Terrible suggestion 

Archived