***** Hamilton v Rangers Official Thread*****

Orange and Blue

18 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So we play our best 11 on a bad pitch after International week against one of the faves for relegation because our squad is deep enough? Is the whole point of a deeper squad not for rotating in the easier games?

We have some massive games coming up and should we lose Morelos, Tav, Jack or Kent to injury we are without doubt weakened in harder games such as the cup final. The replacements are not at the same standard.

Yep. Just my opinion but would always play our strongest eleven in league games. It's the priority. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

Defoe to start ahead of Morelos but bar that I'd go with our last lineup, normally I'm cautious when we play diddy sides on plastic surfaces but I can see a high scoring win tomorrow. 

High scoring win tomorrow just isn't going to happen

We play Sunday, sorry couldn't resist. 

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

I hope folk realise over this ‘busy period’ we will be brutal to watch sometimes and clinging on at points. It’s all about the 3 points. 

Id love us to steamroll through December but it’s no going to happen like that.

What’s the lottery numbers for tonight mate?

28 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

I hope folk realise over this ‘busy period’ we will be brutal to watch sometimes and clinging on at points. It’s all about the 3 points. 

Id love us to steamroll through December but it’s no going to happen like that.

December fucked us last year but we are playing better as a team now and more consistent so we have to hope we have learned from it as Warburton would say.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We're going to fail to win some games, hopefully this place does not erupt, doubt it though.

I think we will get through it but it won’t be pretty. I’d chop off my arm if you offered equal on points with us having a game in hand on Jan 1st.

On 20/11/2019 at 22:27, badjon said:

Think it maybe Defoe starting this with the Thursday game in mind. Want a slick performance and hopefully some dent into the GD. We should have a strong enough squad to utilise it in a game like this. Whatever happens three points please Rangers 👍. Hope Livingston can get something Saturday as well to add to this.🤞

Alex Rae said on the radio tonight that Morelos isn’t even due back from international duty till tomorrow afternoon so it’s more than likely that wee Defoe starts, having said that knowing Morelos he’ll still be desperate to play in the form he’s in, but with 13 goals from the minutes Defoe has played this season is absolutely outrageous. Plus I’m sure he’s scored 4 in 2 against Hamilton so it’s hardly a worry, their manager today was winging that this is the worst possible time to play us as they are decimated through injuries and suspension. Time to make a statement and take 6/7 off them, he said after the game at Ibrox we were by far the best team he’s faced as a manager and that was without jack, Morelos and Kent. The taigs won’t slip up at home but we should be scoring enough against Hamilton to see us top. 

14 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Never really understood why people so badly want Hamilton down, apart from the pitch.

They always give us as much tickets as they possibly can, we’ve a great record there and normally win by a few goals.

Amanda’s pal gets 400 every time we play there, it’s literally that corner of their main stand are his tickets ha ha. When he co owned it she went to see him there through Glasgow helping Herod as he started soldiers off the streets and his office had pictures of cooper gazza and laudrup hanging on the walls right in their main stand. Fortunately for him he sold up his shares just before they got hacked and lost about a million that wasn’t insured, fuck knows how that loss didn’t fold them. 
ive no indifference either way to them other than it’s one game I know I’m guaranteed a brief lol 

11 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Alex Rae said on the radio tonight that Morelos isn’t even due back from international duty till tomorrow afternoon so it’s more than likely that wee Defoe starts, having said that knowing Morelos he’ll still be desperate to play in the form he’s in, but with 13 goals from the minutes Defoe has played this season is absolutely outrageous. Plus I’m sure he’s scored 4 in 2 against Hamilton so it’s hardly a worry, their manager today was winging that this is the worst possible time to play us as they are decimated through injuries and suspension. Time to make a statement and take 6/7 off them, he said after the game at Ibrox we were by far the best team he’s faced as a manager and that was without jack, Morelos and Kent. The taigs won’t slip up at home but we should be scoring enough against Hamilton to see us top. 

Shows how good a signing Defoe was, he's really come through for us. I honestly didn't know if he would still have this much to offer at this stage in his career, sorry to have doubted the guy.

14 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

The taigs won’t slip up at home but we should be scoring enough against Hamilton to see us top. 

I've seen a couple of people say this, you don't think celtic will take 3 or 4 from Livi? Livi are no mugs but I think it could go that way.

Just now, RockwellGers said:

Shows how good a signing Defoe was, he's really come through for us. I honestly didn't know if he would still have this much to offer at this stage in his career, sorry to have doubted the guy.

When you look back over the last 15 odd years for both us and them but especially them signing players at the end of their career from England hasn’t worked and hasn’t worked spectacularly, I was truly gutted when they signed Ian Wright and he was shite as was Dublin, Robbie kean should have smashed it but other than a few penalties done relatively fuck all, and as for Roy Keane he wax s joke. Obviously Barton in recent times for us was a disappointment as I honestly thought he would have strolled it especially as he was still performing in the EPL the season before. I think it’s more mentality than anything else but Defoe is a different breed, he is embracing the opportunity to be at a club that other than the league we are playing in are bigger than any he has played for, as he’s said personally. His attitude is spot on and his desire to play and score is absolutely ridiculous, and should be an incredible lesson to everyone at the club. Despite a great career his hunger is infectious and I’ve no doubt Morelos improvements both as a striker and in temperament is largely down to his influence. It was brilliant to hear him say he wants to see out his career with us and if possible even stay beyond that in a coaching capacity and the fact hex never even once drank as much as a beer he’s 100% the perfect role model 

10 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I've seen a couple of people say this, you don't think celtic will take 3 or 4 from Livi? Livi are no mugs but I think it could go that way.

Of course mate especially if they score early on. I still think we will score more the morra 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

When you look back over the last 15 odd years for both us and them but especially them signing players at the end of their career from England hasn’t worked and hasn’t worked spectacularly, I was truly gutted when they signed Ian Wright and he was shite as was Dublin, Robbie kean should have smashed it but other than a few penalties done relatively fuck all, and as for Roy Keane he wax s joke. Obviously Barton in recent times for us was a disappointment as I honestly thought he would have strolled it especially as he was still performing in the EPL the season before. I think it’s more mentality than anything else but Defoe is a different breed, he is embracing the opportunity to be at a club that other than the league we are playing in are bigger than any he has played for, as he’s said personally. His attitude is spot on and his desire to play and score is absolutely ridiculous, and should be an incredible lesson to everyone at the club. Despite a great career his hunger is infectious and I’ve no doubt Morelos improvements both as a striker and in temperament is largely down to his influence. It was brilliant to hear him say he wants to see out his career with us and if possible even stay beyond that in a coaching capacity and the fact hex never even once drank as much as a beer he’s 100% the perfect role model 

Great stuff mate, loving that. He is a pure professional as you say and I think his influence on the squad in general is probably pretty impactful right enough. He also eats purely plant based as a lot of top athletes do now, I also have a plant based diet and I do feel the benefits physically. Obviously I'm not a Rangers player though (not yet anyway)

Archived