***** Hamilton v Rangers Official Thread*****

Orange and Blue

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I just don't get why he was wandering so far up the pitch in the 2nd half and leaving us exposed at the back. We were winning so no need to take so many risks.

Because he's never learned to be a proper defender, his positional sense is brutal, he gets caught ball watching a lot, his frailties get covered because he does contribute in attack, however when we need to defend or when he is poor in attack he can be a man down almost

I said earlier in the thread, right hand side is an issue, so we should bump tav up to right mid and play flanagan, instead of ineffective arfield and bombscare at the back tav as the pairing 

Just had a look at the table for the same time last year - we are 7 points better off, the filth are 5 better. TBH I thought both sides had dropped more at this point, certainly felt that way.

Hopefully can get one or two in over the break and not lose anyone vital.

2 hours ago, gogzy said:

I don't think we have seen enough of either of them to really know that.

That's your take on things, which is fair enough. I've seen more than enough of Stewart over a number of years playing in this league to come to a different conclusion. 

Of we were forced into playing him for 10 or 15 games on the bounce I'd be very worried and completely agree with the other posters who've highlighted that rw area as an area for improvement in January. 

I'm keen on Jones though because of 1 main reason, pace. The one thing defenders fear most and he has it in abundance. We've missed him on the last few months but he's got a big part to play this season, I'm sure of it. 

2 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

His confidence is low, he should stick to the basics. Bombing up the wing to hit fucking awful crosses can wait.. Especially when we are a goal up. 

He tries to do everything rather than concentrate on his own job.

Tav was fine defensively and covered for Goldson a few times today, he wasn't at fault for their goal. 

He made a few poor crosses but was also heavily involved in Jacks goal and got another assist for Kents goal.

This obsession to find fault with him that some people have on here is weird as fuck tbh and something you would expect to see on a celtic forum.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Tav was fine defensively and covered for Goldson a few times today, he wasn't at fault for their goal. 

He made a few poor crosses but was also heavily involved in Jacks goal and got another assist for Kents goal.

This obsession to find fault with him that some people have on here is weird as fuck tbh and something you would expect to see on a celtic forum.

Did you see his clearing header that flashed right across the penalty box? He was rotten today. His best (and only move) was on Jack's goal. I expect more.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The whole was defence was shite

I thought Helander was good and Tav/Barisic were ok. Goldson looked quite poor and McGregor could've been better at their goal tbh.

Kamara should be getting a lot closer to the guy crossing the ball in for their goal as well.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

I thought Helander was good and Tav/Barisic were ok. Goldson looked quite poor and McGregor could've been better at their goal tbh.

Kamara should be getting a lot closer to the guy crossing the ball in for their goal as well.

Barisic’s worst game in months for me, none of them looked any good at all.

3 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Great win, there looked like only one team going to score in the last ten minutes

goldson rotten

tav terrible at the back

arfield anonymous as usual  

Aribo never does enough

defoe poor

thank fk for Kent and jack

Can't disagree with any of that.  

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Bunch of absolute animals in that Hamilton team. 

Hope the manager highlighted the treatment again of Alfredo Morelos who walked away from a confrontation after the shirt was clawed off his back and booked for it. 

The agenda against 1 player I have never seen before in my life

I was saying to my mates that at least Hamilton weren’t hammer throwers like other squads. Then with about 20 mins to go, it all changed. They became very physical. I think because we gave them a belief that they could get something from game. We need to put these cunts to the sword earlier in the game.

9 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Can't disagree with any of that.  

Defoe was poor due to lack of support. He had 2 fucking huge uncompromising defenders on him whole game. No support, no service then Defoe is useless. Morelos should prob have been on 30 mins earlier. On 5 mins and provided the goal assist.

4 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Defoe was poor due to lack of support. He had 2 fucking huge uncompromising defenders on him whole game. No support, no service then Defoe is useless. Morelos should prob have been on 30 mins earlier. On 5 mins and provided the goal assist.

I think Defoe is far more suited to the impact player coming off the bench.   

Archived