***** Hamilton v Rangers Official Thread*****

Orange and Blue

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I think Defoe is far more suited to the impact player coming off the bench.   

We are a completely different side with him in the team. He doesn't turn hopeful long balls and poor crosses into half chances and goals the same way Alfie does. Can't really knock Defoe for that, he's just not that type of player, never has been, but we really need to vary our game a bit more when he starts imo because as we've seen on numerous occasions now, if we aren't creating him chances he's having very little impact on games. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Goldson 4

Tav 6

Barisic 6

Helander 7

Imo

Hard to disagree with that mate. 

This was never going to be a free flowing game considering we were playing on a plastic pitch and returning from an international break.

The defence always seems to look dodgy in these types of games tbh - It's hard to read the bounce of the ball and the opposition tactics were basically playing long balls looking for a breaks and fouling to break up our play.

Horrible to watch.

49 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Tav was fine defensively and covered for Goldson a few times today, he wasn't at fault for their goal. 

He made a few poor crosses but was also heavily involved in Jacks goal and got another assist for Kents goal.

This obsession to find fault with him that some people have on here is weird as fuck tbh and something you would expect to see on a celtic forum.

Do you post on them as well?

9 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Our inability to win the first ball against big physical forwards is shocking, we generally don't do well with the second ball either 

I can't remember if it was Goldson or Helander who said in an interview that when playing against a physical forward ( i think it was the big Hearts striker that was being discussed) they intentionally don't get close to them because they know they won't win the physical battle and will end up giving away needless fouls trying to win the ball back - so it's more effective to let the ball drop then try and win the ball back or double up.

Good shout tbh.

21 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Our inability to win the first ball against big physical forwards is shocking, we generally don't do well with the second ball either 

It would be good to have a big CF who can lead the line at times.  It would give Barisic and Tavernier someone to fire the ball in to.

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Ally got it right in his post match assessment, he said of Tav, it seems like it’s every 3 weeks that we talk about him (negatively) that isn’t good enough for a Rangers captain.

He like the rest of us watched Ricky Foster the first time round and signed him back again , can’t take any of his footballing opinions serious 

22 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I can't remember if it was Goldson or Helander who said in an interview that when playing against a physical forward ( i think it was the big Hearts striker that was being discussed) they intentionally don't get close to them because they know they won't win the physical battle and will end up giving away needless fouls trying to win the ball back - so it's more effective to let the ball drop then try and win the ball back or double up.

Good shout tbh.

That's fine if we stand off and win the next ball but we do neither

45 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

We are a completely different side with him in the team. He doesn't turn hopeful long balls and poor crosses into half chances and goals the same way Alfie does. Can't really knock Defoe for that, he's just not that type of player, never has been, but we really need to vary our game a bit more when he starts imo because as we've seen on numerous occasions now, if we aren't creating him chances he's having very little impact on games. 

3 of Defoe’s providers in Kamara Arfield and Aribo don’t even attempt to have a look forward and tav and barrasic had an off day with crosses so the wee mans going to toil , still very clever at times today 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Did you see his clearing header that flashed right across the penalty box? He was rotten today. His best (and only move) was on Jack's goal. I expect more.

Probably only you can remember that header mate , nothing worse than supporters hoping players make a mistake 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Probably only you can remember that header mate , nothing worse than supporters hoping players make a mistake 

Are you kidding me? I want nothing more than to see our captain raise a trophy over his head but there is nothing worse than supporters pretending he doesn't make mistakes.

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

3 of Defoe’s providers in Kamara Arfield and Aribo don’t even attempt to have a look forward and tav and barrasic had an off day with crosses so the wee mans going to toil , still very clever at times today 

And that's the difference. Our creative players have an off day and Defoe is virtually anonymous. Morelos can make something out of nothing for himself at any time, perhaps we are just becoming a little bit too dependent on that at the moment. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

Are you kidding me? I want nothing more than to see our captain raise a trophy over his head but there is nothing worse than supporters pretending he doesn't make mistakes.

Lad on the other side was poor today to nothing to see here though 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

That’s coz ye hate tav 

C'mon mate, stop talking pish. When Tav plays well on Thursday, I will be gladly say so. The whole right hand side today was ineffective Tav, Kamara, Arfield/Ojo. I know you know that.

4 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

Not by me, he has been piss poor in my opinion. I've been calling for him to be dropped all season.

He wasnt even our best player against Porto

Him or Helander were I would say, not defending Goldson at all as I think he can be better than he has most of this season but think that is the pairing Gerrard fancies so not much chance of him being dropped for any big game.

Archived