***** Hamilton v Rangers Official Thread*****

Orange and Blue

10 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Him or Helander were I would say, not defending Goldson at all as I think he can be better than he has most of this season but think that is the pairing Gerrard fancies so not much chance of him being dropped for any big game.

Davis, Morelos, McGregor were all better.

Yeah SG is picking him as he likes him but it's scary watching him sometimes. I cant think of any great attributes he has other than in the opposition box at set pieces 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly can't believe the defence of Tav on here.......I will be up front and say he's not for me because I like my full backs to defend first and I have never rated him...however he's been shocking this season and if the arm band isn't passed to Jack we have no chance of stopping them. We concede a goal and nobody looks bothered butcher and gough would be going mad holding players accountable but our captain shrinks away as if it's nothing to do with him. Not just him though Arfield needs the bench, airbo needs a rocket and barasic has suddenly become roberto Carlos after a few good games when he's actually the equivalent of Tav on the other side. Btw if Tav wins the game for us on Thursday he's still not the answer and should never be the captain of Rangers.

2 minutes ago, Spencer65 said:

Honestly can't believe the defence of Tav on here.......I will be up front and say he's not for me because I like my full backs to defend first and I have never rated him...however he's been shocking this season and if the arm band isn't passed to Jack we have no chance of stopping them. We concede a goal and nobody looks bothered butcher and gough would be going mad holding players accountable but our captain shrinks away as if it's nothing to do with him. Not just him though Arfield needs the bench, airbo needs a rocket and barasic has suddenly become roberto Carlos after a few good games when he's actually the equivalent of Tav on the other side. Btw if Tav wins the game for us on Thursday he's still not the answer and should never be the captain of Rangers.

Goldson clearly shouts at barisic when we concede 

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Goldson clearly shouts at barisic when we concede 

Ok maybe it's just me but I don't see the dig and desire to win a championship in particular from our captain. Hope I'm wrong but he's been here three seasons and gets bullied regularly...not a good look for a Rangers captain.

On a slightly different subject I've watched a few reserve games and imo edmundson, barjonas and possibly mayo should be knocking on the door when u look at some of the performances today.

27 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

Davis, Morelos, McGregor were all better.

Yeah SG is picking him as he likes him but it's scary watching him sometimes. I cant think of any great attributes he has other than in the opposition box at set pieces 

He's strong, good in the air and a good passer.

He has his faults, just like any other CB, but he's played practically every game in a defence that still has us fighting in 4 competitions, and looked comfortable playing against top opposition. He's also easily better than any defender we've had in recent years and clearly good enough for our level.

We have 4 good CBs for the first time in years tbh.

Also, Goldson was fantastic against Porto, fuck knows how you can say otherwise.

No matter the usual suspects defence of Tav, it will not change the fact that he has been rank since the start of the season.

Goldson is little better, Aribo needs a rocket, Arfield needs benched and Ojo needs a fast black to Liverpool. 

To take this title they will need to up their game. Some must think the scum just sit back and not take any notice of our weaknesses.

Beating the scum will be crucial in the title race as they appear unlikely to drop many if any points against the shite that is out there.

Ojo aside, I do believe they will all step up their game against the scum, as we do appear more focussed against the better teams. We have the players and the game plan to turn them over, but please just stop giving us all heart attacks against shite!

As for Tav, he does have the ability to create and deliver so much more. I just think his head's fucked for whatever reason and I don't think Goldson beside him is helping nor wtf is in front of him on the right. As for being captain, he does mouth a lot, but I get the impression he feels inferior to those around them and not that it is what it's about, but it affects his own game imo.

19 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He's strong, good in the air and a good passer.

He has his faults, just like any other CB, but he's played practically every game in a defence that still has us fighting in 4 competitions, and looked comfortable playing against top opposition. He's also easily better than any defender we've had in recent years and clearly good enough for our level.

We have 4 good CBs for the first time in years tbh.

Also, Goldson was fantastic against Porto, fuck knows how you can say otherwise.

I think for this build he gets bullied and baffled how you think he's a good passer. The amount of times in a game he gives the ball away is ridiculous.

I said he wasn't our best player against Porto.. Davis and Morelos were better

19 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

I think for this build he gets bullied and baffled how you think he's a good passer. The amount of times in a game he gives the ball away is ridiculous.

I said he wasn't our best player against Porto.. Davis and Morelos were better

He plays that long diagonal pass a lot out of defence and it works well. Him and Helander are both good passers imo.

He was as good as anyone against Porto and certainly not deserving of any criticism for that performance. 

Him and Helander are our first choice CBs for a reason - we've only conceded 5 goals in 11 games, including  clean sheets against Porto and Feyenoord. 

Concede 1 goal in 5 games and it's panic stations. Calm down ffs, talk about a knee jerk reaction.

Yes we weren't great yesterday but cunts expecting us to be flawless every game need to have a think. First game back after the international break too so we were never going to be in full flow.

Did anyone notice the wee ball boy behind their goal. In the first half when we got a corner he deliberately throw the ball onlyabout half way making the player having to retrieve it then in the second half with ten minutes to go, Hamilton got two corners and he threw it right to their feet. Little fucker 😉  

Archived