Cameron Gascoigne (Gazza's nephew)

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Believe he's a striker mate. Aged 8 he scored 22 goals in 30 mins in a game 😁 later signed for Newcastle. Any less a return in a Rangers jersey and he can gtf 😁

:lol: That must be a record.

If he is good enough then it would be great if he could make it with us, after me saying that the next we will hear is he has had his trial and been told we are not interested. 😟

The club requested I didn't report or post on social media due to Thistle fielding a younger team.

Cameron Gascoigne did ok without standing out. He was one of the oldest players on the pitch as a 2001. He had a pretty quiet first half but was better after the break and scored a very good goal.

In my opinion I would have expected more from an U19 player playing against younger players.

It was pretty much the same Thistle team our under 18's with 9 changes from the team that beat celtic beat 6-0 last Friday.

Last night's game was 0-0 at half-time, finished 3-0 from two goalkeeping mistakes and a good goal from Cameron Gascoigne, 

22 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

The club requested I didn't report or post on social media due to Thistle fielding a younger team.

Cameron Gascoigne did ok without standing out. He was one of the oldest players on the pitch as a 2001. He had a pretty quiet first half but was better after the break and scored a very good goal.

In my opinion I would have expected more from an U19 player playing against younger players.

It was pretty much the same Thistle team our under 18's with 9 changes from the team that beat celtic beat 6-0 last Friday.

Last night's game was 0-0 at half-time, finished 3-0 from two goalkeeping mistakes and a good goal from Cameron Gascoigne, 

Do you think we will sign him based on what you saw mate?

Just seen the tweet posted and forwarded it on here since he was under discussion.

It's just a kick around with Gazza from last year which I thought was nice.  Doesn't remotely suggest whether he will be as good as his uncle. 

You guys are always going to be a tough crowd here, no matter what anyone posts. 

17 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Not strictly relevant to the thread but that top was a class apart. Just something particularly proud and powerful about the design imo, especially when seen next to the shabby hoops.

Was just thinking the exact same,  really iconic top,  should bring it back next season for 2 in a row. 

7 hours ago, stevemac said:

Do you think we will sign him based on what you saw mate?

Based on that one game I would be surprised. he wouldn't displace anyone from the U19 Champions Youth League team. But it is only one game, the club will have been monitoring him in training and may see more than he showed in one game.

19 hours ago, Willis said:

Imagine having a cracking performance at a new club youre hoping to join, scoring a winner and then the club tweets a 20 year old picture of your uncle to celebrate it 

Imagine posting wrong stuff on a Rangers forum 

lolz

2 hours ago, Blueteeth said:

Imagine having to live up to the expectation being the nephew of a Rangers legend and footballing genius

I wish the guy all the best, but wonder if this is a good move for either Rangers or him.

You think he shouldn't try to win a contract at Rangers due to how successful his uncle was here?

53 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You think he shouldn't try to win a contract at Rangers due to how successful his uncle was here?

Money isn't everything, especially a quick smash and grab sum when you're still developing.

It's difficult to know what's best for him. I was just thinking maybe this isn't the best place for the boy because of the natural expectation levels he *might* feel he has to live up to and hinder his progress. It's not like this has never happened before, we have a long list of young players who were touted as being something and became nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Money isn't everything, especially a quick smash and grab sum when you're still developing.

It's difficult to know what's best for him. I was just thinking maybe this isn't the best place for the boy because of the natural expectation levels he *might* feel he has to live up to and hinder his progress. It's not like this has never happened before, we have a long list of young players who were touted as being something and became nothing. 

Donf really get your 1st para given we have no idea of wages etc.

Cant see any negative for the lad in trying to get a contract with us. If he uses his uncle's experience and knowledge of the demands at Rangers it can only help him.

I'm assuming he's out of work currently and trialling at not only one of the UKs biggest clubs but one which is having huge successes in its youth teams revolution.  There's only positives for him if he's successful imo.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Donf really get your 1st para given we have no idea of wages etc.

Cant see any negative for the lad in trying to get a contract with us. If he uses his uncle's experience and knowledge of the demands at Rangers it can only help him.

I'm assuming he's out of work currently and trialling at not only one of the UKs biggest clubs but one which is having huge successes in its youth teams revolution.  There's only positives for him if he's successful imo.

It's likely he'll be offered more here than at a club like st mirren :lol:

I'm simply saying, and I'm in no way saying I'm right, that I don't know if it's that good an idea for him to come here when he could go to practically any other club without having expectation because of his uncles legend status.

Expectation can destroy a young player, we've seen it plenty of times.

Hope it clarifys my point, but like I said I'm not saying it's correct what I'm saying.Depends on the boys personality strength and professionalism  and i know nothing of the boy.

Just now, Blueteeth said:

It's likely he'll be offered more here than at a club like st mirren :lol:

I'm simply saying, and I'm in no way saying I'm right, that I don't know if it's that good an idea for him to come here when he could go to practically any other club without having expectation because of his uncles legend status.

Expectation can destroy a young player, we've seen it plenty of times.

Hope it clarifys my point, but like I said I'm not saying it's correct what I'm saying.Depends on the boys personality strength and professionalism  and i know nothing of the boy.

Ok. Just think that whilst his name and family association will follow him at every club, it's not like its gazzas son who plays the same position as him.  

If he doesn't have it in him to be his own man and use every possible advantage he might have in the game then he'll likely not make it.

On 20/11/2019 at 13:44, StaunchLondonGer said:

Not strictly relevant to the thread but that top was a class apart. Just something particularly proud and powerful about the design imo, especially when seen next to the shabby hoops.

France won a world cup with the same top did they not?

Archived