Right wingers

CoplandRoad83

Scott Arfield looks like he needs months rest - shld be nowhere near the team atm. Doesn't look the same player that finished last season.

Which leaves us with a few options, a lot of whom are more natural on the left.

1. Jones - started the season well and cld interchange well with Kent and give us some natural width.
  2. Ojo - mixed bag, infuriates at times but can pop up with a goal, far too inconsistent but
  3. Stewart - not a lot of pace but has looked good at points this season, think he deserves a chance but with the way Kent plays it could end up quite narrow
  4. Barker 
  5. Murphy

For me it's a toss up between Jones and Stewart atm - quite surprising given the number of wingers we've signed that to be honest we might even need to look at this again in January.

Scott Arfield is played out of position that is all. Ive finally given up on Ojo, he needs to be returned. Murphy would do a far better job. As would Stewart and Barker. I thought Jones was over-hyped just before his injury but he is another who is a far better option than Arfield or Ojo at that position.

1 minute ago, Copeland1983 said:

Scott Arfield looks like he needs months rest - shld be nowhere near the team atm. Doesn't look the same player that finished last season.

Which leaves us with a few options, a lot of whom are more natural on the left.

1. Jones - started the season well and cld interchange well with Kent and give us some natural width.
  2. Ojo - mixed bag, infuriates at times but can pop up with a goal, far too inconsistent but
  3. Stewart - not a lot of pace but has looked good at points this season, think he deserves a chance but with the way Kent plays it could end up quite narrow
  4. Barker 
  5. Murphy

For me it's a toss up between Jones and Stewart atm - quite surprising given the number of wingers we've signed that to be honest we might even need to look at this again in January.

I’d go for jones when he’s up to speed, Barker and Stewart look like they will shuffle in and out when it suits.

I don’t think the manager fancies Murphy, Ojo is consistently inconsistent and sometimes looks like he’s playing with wellies on his feet.

3 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I’d go for jones when he’s up to speed, Barker and Stewart look like they will shuffle in and out when it suits.

I don’t think the manager fancies Murphy, Ojo is consistently inconsistent and sometimes looks like he’s playing with wellies on his feet.

I think you are right

Jones once fit to start on RW. Ojo is too inconsistent. Arfield is not a RW, no matter how much the manager persists on playing them there.

Stewart is a sqaud option who will come in and out. Barker isn't good enough. 

Come Janaury I think we need to be looking to improve our options there. A quality option there could make the difference come season end. 

Ojo is dogshite. His decision making is as poor as I've seen from anyone. Sent him back in Jan if that's an option?

Arfield is lost out there. Gerrards ruining him. Mental decision to continue playing him there.

I would have Jones on RW with Stewart as back up.

7 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

I have always thought selling Candeias was a mistake as he played well with Tav. I'm not convinced by our other options yet but would try Jones on the right.

people need to stop saying it was a mistake. He asked to leave.

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Arfield has been pish for months now, really don’t know what he brings to the game. Constantly loses possession, doesn’t run the wings, doesn’t get in the box, can’t tackle. 

He is much more effective through the middle so I'm going to give him some slack because he is never a right winger.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:
15 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

I have always thought selling Candeias was a mistake as he played well with Tav. I'm not convinced by our other options yet but would try Jones on the right.

people need to stop saying it was a mistake. He asked to leave.

and he was pish apart from the occasional glimpse of magic. Bailed Tav out a good few times though. 

They don’t play as “wingers” they’re inside forwards.  The manager wants them to sit much narrower and come inside offering a goal threat.  That’s why guys like Candeias we’re let go.

I don’t think Murphy, Jones, or Barker could offer what the manager is looking for from the right.  I think the two best options we currently have on the left are Stewart and Ojo.  

I’d happily see Ojo back at Liverpool in January and I don’t think we should’ve choose to develop him over Hastie.   Having said that, I think the manager probably expected a lot more out of Ojo.   

Ideally we would bring in a quality player for that side in January.  Maybe Liverpool can loan us someone else.

Archived