*****Feyenoord v Rangers*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

This Rangers team is not so far-fetched from the 2008 team ( which I never thought was great). Not only CAN we qualify, we could go all the way. I believe!

The manager was great though. Tactically got us almost another euro trophy. 

As long as the players don't start saying it to the papers or social media we might be ok IF we qualify from the group

On 25/11/2019 at 08:02, born a blue nose said:

Wish jones would hurry up get back I’ve no confidence in Arfield or ojo 

It's pretty fucking grim if we have to play Arfield as a winger or Ojo who is further upfield than Morelos when we need to do defensive work. Perhaps it was a mistake sending young Hastie to Rotherham on loan. Yes he's young  and inexperienced but at least he will do a shift in the defensive department. Ojo certainly has the basic quality to be an asset, but he's too inconsistent for my liking.

Here are all the permutations for those unsure:

If we win on Thursday:

We go through if YB beat or draw to Porto, but if Porto beat YB then we need a point final game against YB to go through and top the group if Porto also beat Feyenoord. If Porto fail to beat Feyenoord then we're through second if we lose to YB.

If we draw on Thursday:

We go through if YB beat or draw to Porto, but if Porto beat YB we need a point final game against YB to go through if Porto beat Feyenoord.

If we lose on Thursday:

If Porto beat YB, then we need to beat YB if the Porto v Feyenoord game has a winner, bit only need to draw if they draw (unless Feyenoord beat us by 2 or more goals in which case we have to win anyway - in this scenario everyone has 8 points and it goes to GD).

If YB beat Porto, then we go through if Porto beat Feyenoord even if we also lose to YB. If Feyenoord beat Porto we need to beat YB. If Feyenoord draw to Porto then a draw is enough against YB provided Feyenoord haven't beaten us by 2 or more goals, in which case we still need a win against YB.

If YB draw to Porto, then we need to beat YB if Feyenoord beat Porto, or if Feyenoord have beaten us by 2 goals then draw to Porto. We only need a draw if Porto beat Feyenoord, or if they draw and Feyenoord only beat us by 1 goal.

1 hour ago, Klos' Glove said:

If we win on Thursday:

We go through if YB beat or draw to Porto, but if Porto beat YB then we need a point final game against YB to go through and top the group if Porto also beat Feyenoord. If Porto fail to beat Feyenoord then we're through second if we lose to YB.

If we draw on Thursday:

We go through if YB beat or draw to Porto, but if Porto beat YB we need a point final game against YB to go through if Porto beat Feyenoord.

If we lose on Thursday:

If Porto beat YB, then we need to beat YB if the Porto v Feyenoord game has a winner, bit only need to draw if they draw (unless Feyenoord beat us by 2 or more goals in which case we have to win anyway - in this scenario everyone has 8 points and it goes to GD).

If YB beat Porto, then we go through if Porto beat Feyenoord even if we also lose to YB. If Feyenoord beat Porto we need to beat YB. If Feyenoord draw to Porto then a draw is enough against YB provided Feyenoord haven't beaten us by 2 or more goals, in which case we still need a win against YB.

If YB draw to Porto, then we need to beat YB if Feyenoord beat Porto, or if Feyenoord have beaten us by 2 goals then draw to Porto. We only need a draw if Porto beat Feyenoord, or if they draw and Feyenoord only beat us by 1 goal.

Basically just win last 2 games!

McGregor

Tavernier         Goldson         Helander         Barisic

Kamara           Jack        Davis

Ojo          Morelos      Kent

I reckon this will be the team on Thursday.  I think he will pick Ojo simply because of his pace and the fact he scored v Feyenoord last time we played.  Back 4 need a big improvement from Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

McGregor

Tavernier         Goldson         Helander         Barisic

Kamara           Jack        Davis

Ojo          Morelos      Kent

I reckon this will be the team on Thursday.  I think he will pick Ojo simply because of his pace and the fact he scored v Feyenoord last time we played.  Back 4 need a big improvement from Sunday. 

You may possibly be right but I think he will go with Arfield. Either or will get my support.

13 hours ago, Klos' Glove said:

If we win on Thursday:

If we draw on Thursday:

If we lose on Thursday:

Its head to head is it not?

Not goal difference. 

From what I've seen, I thought Feyernoord were the best team we have played so far, so them having wee Dick as their manager is going to make this a really tough game. 

Young boys looked the poorest, even thought they beat us so I see no problem of us beating them at Ibrox. Especially if it comes down to a decider and we keep all our first teamers fit. If Jones can get up to match sharpness rapid, then Arfied 100% shouldn't start. 

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I agree but he’s a stick on to grab a goal and an assist now you’ve said that!

can't wait to the next time he tries to run through a defender. He has the potential to become good but to date, the most over-rated player on RM

Archived