Legia Warsaw flares at Rangers clash saw 16 people injured - but no arrests

Bad Robot

I sometimes we give Holicom to much credit but this story has just surfaced as 40 celtic fans cause it on the ferry to NI so I do wonder, from the evening times and fk any arsehole who brings in flares:

MORE than a dozen people were injured after pyrotechnics were set off by Legia Warsaw fans inside Ibrox, it can now be revealed.

Figures from a Freedom of Information request, seen by the Evening Times, show that 16 people were treated by medics at the scene after the away supporters set off flares during the Europa League match with Rangerson August 29.

Slovenian referee Slavko Vincic had to call a halt to the match after 75 minutes, leading players from the pitch as smoke engulfed the stadium. 

Play resumed five minutes later, with Alfredo Morelos scoring in the 90th minute to put Rangers ahead 1-0.

Police say that "due to a lack of identification", there were no arrests as a result of bringing flares into the ground.

Tensions were heightened ahead of the match, with the Ibrox side being forced to close a 3000 seat section of the ground ahead of "racist behavior" from fans during a previous qualifier against St Joseph's.

Before the game, Legia fans also revealed a huge banner depicting Pope John Paul II, the King of Peadophiles

The police FOI response reads: "There were 16 casualties as a direct result of reactions to the smoke produced by flares.

"All casualties were treated at the stadium by First Aid.

"Due to lack of identification, no visiting fans were arrested for bringing flares into the stadium."

The force stressed there was a "robust" searching operation but added the pyrotechnics will have been "intentionally concealed" in difficult areas.

They said: "There was a robust searching operation external to the away turnstiles which was led by club stewards and supported by Public order and conventional officers.

"Modern pyrotechnic devices are designed to have maximum output with minimum size.

"Persons intent on bringing pyrotechnics into football stadia will conceal these items on their person or have them intentionally concealed in areas stewards and police officers would not invasively search.

"National Police Information Point for Scotlandcontinues to monitor all incidents of pyrotechnic at football and reports to the Scottish Government on this continuing trend.

"Police Scotland continues work with football clubs and assist in any searching operations on match days."

After the match, Legia manager Aleksandar Vuković admitted the behaviour was not surprising.

He said: "I'm used to seeing this every week and in every stadium in Poland. I know for here it's a little bit surprising but that's what we're used to seeing from fans.

"I'm not somebody who says 'bravo' to this kind of behaviour but this is how it is in Poland."

Sooner these things get to fuck the better, dangerous as fuck and only a matter of time before someones face is permanently fucked when someone throws one.

Girl at LG gig in Sheffield the other night got one off her head and it went down her top. Scarred for life.

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Can't remember UEFA taking any action either, With some the action they seem to be taking these days surely something that causes a match to be brought to halt deserves harsh punishment 

Be careful what you wish for. The stewards were Rangers responsibility and the searching of their fans also. Would be pretty easy to pin a charge on us for insufficient stewarding because of this. As this can be seen as a club safety failure, penalties for that would be huuuge.

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Around 30 flares here and a massive police presence on all 4 sides.

I'd kinda prefer if they told the truth?

20190829_211649.jpg

If it was Rangers fans you can be sure they would be wading into us and then using all their resources after it identifying us and kicking in doors.

They are absolute shite bags these days unless it’s offensive words

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Nobody got burned. Not a single person.

The issue was smoke inhalation. Casualties were mostly elderly or asthma sufferers.

And children and any Poles injured probably wouldn’t declare it.

As much as it was a brilliant display and the lingering smoke added to the atmosphere and made it a superb night (because we win with a last minute goal) but flares are not for places such as football stands unless you’re thick as shit.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4768249/Rangers-fan-injured-flare-away-games/

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

If it was Rangers fans you can be sure they would be wading into us and then using all their resources after it identifying us and kicking in doors.

For all the fines handed out weekly by UEFA it's easy to see that they are happy to put up with pyro and fighting but singing or chanting something they see as offensive could result in a stadium closure. Bonkers organisation.

56 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

For all the fines handed out weekly by UEFA it's easy to see that they are happy to put up with pyro and fighting but singing or chanting something they see as offensive could result in a stadium closure. Bonkers organisation.

Uefa really are pathetic when verbal abuse is a higher offence than physical abuse.

Still corrupt to the core.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I was in North Stand at Hampden three weeks ago right up the back of when two wallopers let off blue smoke bombs. Two cops (one a Sgt) were beside me along with stewards and saw exactly who it was. They did absolutely nothing about it. One of the eejits was in front of me when leaving. I half expected him to get huckled on the way out, but absolutely nothing

7 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Some robust search that missed almost every cunt having a pyro on them. Even more of a joke when they knew what was going to happen before the game and still couldn’t find any. 

Police Scotland were probably looking for people with Flared trousers. If it's anything to do with acts against Rangers FC and our support they never seem to catch the culprit.

Archived