Sign in to follow this  
BridgeIsBlue

AGM Thread

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Was one not to do with the temperature of the pies? :lol:

Bovril was too hot, which having scalded the inside of my mouth a few times I can agree on. Don’t drink boiling hot Bovril when you are pished and can’t really feel any pain wake up the next morning with the skin falling off the inside of you’re mouth. 😂

Rfc52 and pollok-bear like this

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Guy better be squeaky clean because the fenian media will be all over his private life as we speak........

Wealth off the radar apparently.  

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

He did say it had been a privilege 

Also said being Chairman was greatest privilege of his business life.

I also don't see anything wrong with the word duty, I'm a fan and see it as my duty to follow the club through thick and thin. It's the same language. 

scottyscott1963 and Siam69 like this

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

Good to see King getting punted after the screw up with Pedro and Murty2 and signing a deal with Mike Ashley that gave him the right to match any retail deal forever he had to go.

The only screw - up by King was letting the Parks decide the manager.

Siam69 and the drummer like this

3 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I've a meeting at Ibrox tomorrow about taking over the contract, black pudding doughnuts are my unique selling point

We’ve got enough legal issues as it is without a class action for 30,000 people getting salmonella ffs.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Yep and an expensive one. Elements of SD could have been played better but we were backed up into a corner and locked in for 7 years, something had to be done.

It was either pay the money to Ashley or on legal fees fighting him. I know which one I'd rather. 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

So signing a new retail contract SD could match forever was not a screw up then? Parks would have to have the deal okayed by the Chairman, but let's ignore that.

20 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

King has made mistakes, but without him, we would be fucked.

He goes with my best wishes imo.

Aye mine too,i agree with you there.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Yep and an expensive one. Elements of SD could have been played better but we were backed up into a corner and locked in for 7 years, something had to be done.

It was either pay the money to Ashley or on legal fees fighting him. I know which one I'd rather. 

King handled the whole SD thing badly.

He should never have been so public about it and tried to find an amicable split over the course of a few years. instead he's tied us up in constant legal wrangling that's still going on. 

plymouthranger likes this

9 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Guy better be squeaky clean because the fenian media will be all over his private life as we speak........

They might blame him for shaggin that pair of nuns that got bairned while doing the lords work,and the story was in the press a couple of weeks ago.
If it is him,it won't matter if he is squeaky clean,they will make it up as they go along.  

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

King handled the whole SD thing badly.

He should never have been so public about it and tried to find an amicable split over the course of a few years. instead he's tied us up in constant legal wrangling that's still going on. 

As I said, don't disagree elements of it were handled badly - especially the PR side.

Not sure we have the full picture though, by all accounts Ashley is a nightmare to deal with regardless and we maybe looked at it and decided it was the only way forward.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

So signing a new retail contract SD could match forever was not a screw up then? Parks would have to have the deal okayed by the Chairman, but let's ignore that.

I never mentioned SD  deal which i’ve said was a monumental fuck up.

The Pedro debacle lies at door of The Parks.