AGM Thread

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of this went over my head , but I didn't hear anything of a big investor coming in to replace DK . As far as I'm aware , after this season we are going to be run on the more trafitional basis of balancing the books . 

Or have I missed something ? 

23 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

There’s been mistakes, but thank fuck he was there and willing to step in.

Some may not appreciate his input at the moment, history will show that very differently imo.

Remember he’s still the majority shareholder, it’s hardly sayonara.

I tend to agree with this. Our next step here is crucial. He's not been perfect - far from it - but he's helped us become a much more stable club. We're in a good position on the field which is pretty much the most important thing. For all that Caixinha was a disgrace, Gerrard has made that a distant memory.

Prior to his arrival we were a joke and I can't see how we would have improved at all. 

has the rumoured investment got anything to do with him leaving? and can anyone link me with those rumours? sure it was some guy based out of china who has invested previously. 
Any substance to those links?

Finally, where does this leave us?

25 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Fight Ashley 😂😂 He signed the deal and claimed it was a brilliant deal for the club then proceeded to break the contract drag us through the courts and get us fucked again. Total incompetence. 

He would’ve been better just seeing the deal out we wouldn’t be millions out of pocket in legal fees and more millions in damages to be paid. 

What have we won yet?? We had to go through Warburton Pedro Murty twice before they finally listened to someone with a football brain and appointed Stevie. So yes years of mismanagement. 

It’s obviously we had to spend imagine how much we could spend if we had a retail deal making us money and not spending millions in court over a contract King signed. 

Not suck off Ashley 😂 looks like he is sucking off Ashley now to the tune of millions that the club has to pay. 

King got some things right eventually, but he made some absolutely stupid fuck ups that cost us millions and are continuing to cost us money. So forgive me if I don’t lie prostrate on the ground before him as if he’s some sort of God. 

there has to be failures with any success. the imaginary land you live in where a chairman is a flawless individual making nothing but progressive brilliant decisions is sorry to say delusional.

right now we are in a fantastic position. not perfect. but hey buddy nothing ever is.

13 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I'm sorry, but if you can only admit the good and not be honest about the bad then you're being nostalgic and are not making much sense.

This is the serious side of the football club, it is easier to see what had been done correctly and what has been done incorrectly because there is a framework there and it can be measured, where sometimes that's not possible regarding the team.

King's chairmanship isn't one of good or bad, it is mixed. If anyone tries to deny that then they're just lying to themselves.

Don't think anyone has said mistakes haven't been made. Of course they have. I still maintain whomever appointed Pedro, right up to who signed off on it, should have been sacked with him,for example. 

Though those that can't show one bit of gratitude for what King has done for the Club, compared to the state we were in before, well, let's just say I'm not surprised. 

All in all, King certainly has my gratitude. 

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

has the rumoured investment got anything to do with him leaving? and can anyone link me with those rumours? sure it was some guy based out of china who has invested previously. 
Any substance to those links?

Finally, where does this leave us?

It leaves us in a situation where we cannot rely on soft loans and getting further into debt. It's basically saying it is feasible, and now a requirement, to start acting like a profitable business again. 

Dave King stepping down, I wonder if this has been forced because of the "fit and proper" investigation by the SPFL. Haven't really kept up to date with that side of things.

What's going to happen next is all guesswork just now, all we know for sure is Dave King is stepping down for whatever reason.

Think people have always been a bit ungrateful to Dave King. Sure there's been mistakes that have been made, but where would we have been without him? We were a fucking mess. Craig Whyte or Charles Green running the club after one of the biggest footballing falls in the 21st century or ever. Nobody wanted to go near us. You can't be picky and choosey when you're in that kind of a low. King took over, and we've gotten to where we are supposed to be eventually. Our club is fully back now, whether we win a trophy this year or not we finally have a management team worthy of Rangers, a playing team worthy of Rangers to at least compete to the level we should be competing at. With trophies a real expectation again and hopefully in the knockout stages of Europe again. Dave King brought us back. It wasn't always plain sailing but it was never going to be with the amount of baggage left over from previous regimes. I for one will be disappointed that he won't be Chairman when we win our first title since we've came back up. 

20 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

Any ideas who will be taking over? And will King be leaving the club or stepping down from his chairmanship?

He has confirmed he is staying on the board until the sports direct situation has been fully resolved. 

No ideas on who the next chairman would be.

He said he would be stepping down as chairman "in the new year as soon as the new funding round has been concluded by the sub-committee and the new devolved operating structure for the club that was approved yesterday has been fully implemented."

King has made mistakes but I think he can be proud of what he has achieved here.

I would say that he is the best chairman we have had in my recollection. I.e. best since and including David Murray.

The SD issue is the only thing which he has truly failed on. Pedro was a disaster, but they rectified this quickly.

9 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Don't think anyone has said mistakes haven't been made. Of course they have. I still maintain whomever appointed Pedro, right up to who signed off on it, should have been sacked with him,for example. 

Though those that can't show one bit of gratitude for what King has done for the Club, compared to the state we were in before, well, let's just say I'm not surprised. 

All in all, King certainly has my gratitude. 

Agreed, I didn't trust him at the beginning of his reign. He started to prove me wrong. Though, he himself did waste a hell of a lot of money, and people should be aware of that. We could have been in far less debt if he hadn't made those mistakes, especially managerial mistakes - of which a lot of us could see as being mistakes before the proof was sitting there staring at us in the face.

As if we need reminding, but remember - Dave King only became chairman in 2015;

Mark Warburton           What an idiot

Pedro Caixinha                What a retard

Graeme Murty                 Clearly not experienced enough

Steven Gerrard                A big gamble which paid off

King was the man at the top, therefore he takes the blame for the shambolic managerial appointments, and he is lucky the gamble with Gerrard paid off. Quite frankly, I am not sure he should have been gambling after 3 disasters.

Apart from Sports Direct, I must say that he's done a good job. Mark Allen was an overall positive, and I hope Ross will be too. Getting our stadium and facilities up to standard was important and he's done that.

We are in a lot of debt though, and it has been caused by stupid mistakes which supporters could even see.

I think it's a bit churlish not to appreciate what Dave King has achieved here . 

I'm not his biggest fan , particularly in the early days and , for a while , I was quite vociferous about it on here , but there can be no denying how far we've advanced particularly in the last couple of years . Yes , Steven Gerrard can take a lot of credit for that , but so too must King in bringing together a Board that was able to back the manager . 

He deserved his moment today and have to admit , I did feel for him when announcing his stepping down .

2 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Agreed, I didn't trust him at the beginning of his reign. He started to prove me wrong. Though, he himself did waste a hell of a lot of money, and people should be aware of that. We could have been in far less debt if he hadn't made those mistakes, especially managerial mistakes - of which a lot of us could see as being mistakes before the proof was sitting there staring at us in the face.

As if we need reminding, but remember - Dave King only became chairman in 2015;

Mark Warburton           What an idiot

Pedro Caixinha                What a retard

Graeme Murty                 Clearly not experienced enough

Steven Gerrard                A big gamble which paid off

King was the man at the top, therefore he takes the blame for the shambolic managerial appointments, and he is lucky the gamble with Gerrard paid off. Quite frankly, I am not sure he should have been gambling after 3 disasters.

Apart from Sports Direct, I must say that he's done a good job. Mark Allen was an overall positive, and I hope Ross will be too. Getting our stadium and facilities up to standard was important and he's done that.

We are in a lot of debt though, and it has been caused by stupid mistakes which supporters could even see.

Warburton was not a terrible appointment for us.

It didn't work out in the end, and he would have been the perfect appointment if we had made it back in 2012/2013.

He left leaving a bitter taste.

Pedro and Murty I agree with, although Murty was only ever a caretaker wasn't he?

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Warburton was not a terrible appointment for us.

It didn't work out in the end, and he would have been the perfect appointment if we had made it back in 2012/2013.

He left leaving a bitter taste.

Pedro and Murty I agree with, although Murty was only ever a caretaker wasn't he?

No, he was first a caretaker then he was given the chance to be manager after Pedro.

I think Warburton was terrible because he didn't deliver and spent a hell of a lot of money. He failed.

King is leaving is in better shape on the pitch but still in ruins off it.

mounting debt, investment needed, continuous court battles. 

saying he is better than Green and co means fuck all, anything is better than that. We need people with business brains that fit the model of scottish football. 

Just now, Blueteeth said:

No, he was first a caretaker then he was given the chance to be manager after Pedro.

I think Warburton was terrible because he didn't deliver and spent a hell of a lot of money. He failed.

I have erased that from my brain then!

Was it a contract till the end of the season or something? Can't remember ever thinking he was genuinely our manager.

2 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I’m no warburton fan but that is nonsense mate he spent around £2.5m over 4 transfer windows 

Archived