AGM Thread

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

King is leaving is in better shape on the pitch but still in ruins off it.

mounting debt, investment needed, continuous court battles. 

saying he is better than Green and co means fuck all, anything is better than that. We need people with business brains that fit the model of scottish football. 

I wouldn't say we are in ruins off the field.

We are not in great shape, but it is not disastrous.

The actual debt is minimal, and this is Kings biggest saving grace. He has put his hand in his pocket and provided funds so that the debt did not mount up massively.

He has probably put more of his own money into us than even David Murray to be honest.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

No, he was first a caretaker then he was given the chance to be manager after Pedro.

I think Warburton was terrible because he didn't deliver and spent a hell of a lot of money. He failed.

Also remember the boards first choice was McInnes.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I have erased that from my brain then!

Was it a contract till the end of the season or something? Can't remember ever thinking he was genuinely our manager.

Think it was a one year rolling contract but I might be wrong.

I remember the arguments between my mates, and arguments on FF saying whether it was a good idea or not.

Was 50 50

Thank you Dave King. Your investment was from the heart and never for personal gain or glory. 

You saved us from Mike Ashley and his type.

Although you definitely fucked up on several occasions, you always acted on what you considered to be Rangers best interest.

Hopefully we'll never need your help again.

2 minutes ago, SK RFC said:

I’m no warburton fan but that is nonsense mate he spent around £2.5m over 4 transfer windows 

He signed 30 players!

Think of the amount of money it's cost to get rid of the ones that were shite as well.

I think it would be a hell of a lot of money.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The actual debt is minimal, and this is Kings biggest saving grace. He has put his hand in his pocket and provided funds so that the debt did not mount up massively.

He has probably put more of his own money into us than even David Murray to be honest.

the debt is in the form of soft loans converting to shares so King & Co will own the debt. do you think he'll sell the club for £1 if he wants out? the debt is real, it's just in Kings pockets.

£10 million by the end of the season is a serious figure given we need more rebuilding in the summer as well as any more impending court cases.

Just now, Blueteeth said:

It leaves us in a situation where we cannot rely on soft loans and getting further into debt. It's basically saying it is feasible, and now a requirement, to start acting like a profitable business again. 

Dave King stepping down, I wonder if this has been forced because of the "fit and proper" investigation by the SPFL. Haven't really kept up to date with that side of things.

What's going to happen next is all guesswork just now, all we know for sure is Dave King is stepping down for whatever reason.

makes you wonder if that was the case why did we spend so much on kent etc recently?

3 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

He signed 30 players!

Think of the amount of money it's cost to get rid of the ones that were shite as well.

I think it would be a hell of a lot of money.

I don’t think it would have been much when you factor in the money we brought in for a few of them that we managed to sell on. Pedro was a bigger mistake in my eyes he spent around £10m and I think we were all confused at his appointment. 

9 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Think it was a one year rolling contract but I might be wrong.

I remember the arguments between my mates, and arguments on FF saying whether it was a good idea or not.

Was 50 50

Yes, he was a Manager of Rangers and hailed a hero by King that tells you about this board. I'm glad Kings gone maybe we can get away from the constant losing court cases.

Just now, stevemac said:

makes you wonder if that was the case why did we spend so much on kent etc recently?

It's not as simple as that though is it mate? The fans were demanding to have Kent back, and Gerrard himself was no doubt saying he wanted him.

He could also be seen as an investment given his value, current rep and the abilities he had shown previously.

You have to spend money to make money as well. I would have to say taking it in isolation, we would have to be very unlucky not to make money on the Kent transfer.

2 minutes ago, SK RFC said:

I don’t think it would have been much when you factor in the money we brought in for a few of them that we managed to sell on. Pedro was a bigger mistake in my eyes he spent around £10m and I think we were all confused at his appointment. 

I agree, and I hope people aren't thinking I don't like King. I do. I'm just being honest with what I've seen, and he's been both good and bad for the club.

To class him a legend like that guy on twitter would be monstrously abusive to the real legends of our club IMO.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

the debt is in the form of soft loans converting to shares so King & Co will own the debt. do you think he'll sell the club for £1 if he wants out? the debt is real, it's just in Kings pockets.

£10 million by the end of the season is a serious figure given we need more rebuilding in the summer as well as any more impending court cases.

It isn't debt though, not by definition by any means.

It was investment, which is all we can ask for, and I am thankful for it.

Sure, when he sells he may make his money back, more even potentially. For this to come about, we have to be a success and I think he has put the building blocks there for this to happen.

The £10m needed will be covered by a new round of investment, which will presumably come from the circles of those who are going to be tasked with taking us forward.

This will dilute Kings holdings if he does not participate.

I agree on the court cases, this is the thing which most threatens to mark his legacy.

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

I agree, and I hope people aren't thinking I don't like King. I do. I'm just being honest with what I've seen, and he's been both good and bad for the club.

To class him a legend like that guy on twitter would be monstrously abusive to the real legends of our club IMO.

I’m on the fence with it. I think there are a lot of pros and cons so I tend to stay away from the debate on it because it either ends up dave king is god or Dave king is an arsehole. You don’t seem to be allowed to be in the middle 😂

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

King is leaving is in better shape on the pitch but still in ruins off it.

mounting debt, investment needed, continuous court battles. 

saying he is better than Green and co means fuck all, anything is better than that. We need people with business brains that fit the model of scottish football. 

Gerrard move has got him out of ail 

If this fails .🤔

Just now, SK RFC said:

I’m on the fence with it. I think there are a lot of pros and cons so I tend to stay away from the debate on it because it either ends up dave king is god or Dave king is an arsehole. You don’t seem to be allowed to be in the middle 😂

Same with politics mate, people hated my position of not wanting any candidate elected and saying they were all shite. :mutley:

20 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Would not be hard given that Murray bought us using BOS money and then proceeded to underwrite share issues using Murray group which ultimately owed hundreds of millions to the bank. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

for a new chairman coming in - do the spfl not do a fit and proper persons test before they can be appointed now? if so would that not need to start around now for approval?

I'm guessing he didn't say when in the new year he would step aside

The negativity by a minority on RM towards a chairman who has brought us out of the gutter is shameful. Whereas, on other social media sights he is lauded. He is leaving because he is no longer needed. That's because we are on the verge of the last 32 in Europe, getting closer to domestic silverware and the value of our playing staff has skyrocketed. Thank-you DK and fingers crossed that this new investor takes us to newer heights.

Archived