Womans football team.

shotstopper

5 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

Yesteday, King announced further investment in the womens team.  Today, I have learned that 15 players have been released from the club.  Does anyone know what's going on there or has more info on the subject?

Aye they're going big to try and be the most dominant team in woman's football. King spoke about it yesterday 

1 hour ago, shotstopper said:

Yesteday, King announced further investment in the womens team.  Today, I have learned that 15 players have been released from the club.  Does anyone know what's going on there or has more info on the subject?

They released near on the entire team and kept only three players.

I don't think its been handled very well at all. I've heard a couple of things and if true its pretty not up to standard by Rangers.

44 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

women’s  football is generally shite 

What's not to like about getting some morr young fans interested in our club?? Not a fan of watching it myself, but there has been an uptake in young girls getting into the sport and supporting the club. Good luck to the women's team, I think it is a really good thing for the club to have ambition to become the best.

20 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

The Yank Bints who won the World Cup got beaten by an under 16 boys team but they think they should get more money.

I think the argument about more money is a bit crass, but the USA women's team has been one of the best for many decades. Women's football is huge in the US, and perhaps they have a point about about a share of income based on how many female participants and fans there are in America.

9 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

What's not to like about getting some morr young fans interested in our club?? Not a fan of watching it myself, but there has been an uptake in young girls getting into the sport and supporting the club. Good luck to the women's team, I think it is a really good thing for the club to have ambition to become the best.

Do not disagree with the sentiment n your first sentence but really do not ever see it beng ether popular or financially viable 

12 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Do not disagree with the sentiment n your first sentence but really do not ever see it beng ether popular or financially viable 

Am I dreaming this or did we have a motor racing car in formula 3 and a basketball team?

Listened to H&H daily update today where he talks about it.

The supposed reason is the ckub are moving the ladies from amateur to semi-professional status, then looking to move into full time.

We are looking to recruit a much better standard of player & need to clear the decks .. essentially it's a reset but yes, it was done pretty badly.

Women's football is growing every year, most of the major teams now have squads & the potential for sponsorship, prizes etc in a growing market could be considerable.

Archived