Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shotstopper

Womans football team.

Recommended Posts

Yesteday, King announced further investment in the womens team.  Today, I have learned that 15 players have been released from the club.  Does anyone know what's going on there or has more info on the subject?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

Yesteday, King announced further investment in the womens team.  Today, I have learned that 15 players have been released from the club.  Does anyone know what's going on there or has more info on the subject?

Aye they're going big to try and be the most dominant team in woman's football. King spoke about it yesterday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shotstopper said:

Yesteday, King announced further investment in the womens team.  Today, I have learned that 15 players have been released from the club.  Does anyone know what's going on there or has more info on the subject?

They released near on the entire team and kept only three players.

I don't think its been handled very well at all. I've heard a couple of things and if true its pretty not up to standard by Rangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

women’s  football is generally shite 

What's not to like about getting some morr young fans interested in our club?? Not a fan of watching it myself, but there has been an uptake in young girls getting into the sport and supporting the club. Good luck to the women's team, I think it is a really good thing for the club to have ambition to become the best.

RockwellGers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

The Yank Bints who won the World Cup got beaten by an under 16 boys team but they think they should get more money.

I think the argument about more money is a bit crass, but the USA women's team has been one of the best for many decades. Women's football is huge in the US, and perhaps they have a point about about a share of income based on how many female participants and fans there are in America.

GA1972 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

What's not to like about getting some morr young fans interested in our club?? Not a fan of watching it myself, but there has been an uptake in young girls getting into the sport and supporting the club. Good luck to the women's team, I think it is a really good thing for the club to have ambition to become the best.

Do not disagree with the sentiment n your first sentence but really do not ever see it beng ether popular or financially viable 

Blumhoilann and JCDBigBear like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Do not disagree with the sentiment n your first sentence but really do not ever see it beng ether popular or financially viable 

Am I dreaming this or did we have a motor racing car in formula 3 and a basketball team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened to H&H daily update today where he talks about it.

The supposed reason is the ckub are moving the ladies from amateur to semi-professional status, then looking to move into full time.

We are looking to recruit a much better standard of player & need to clear the decks .. essentially it's a reset but yes, it was done pretty badly.

Women's football is growing every year, most of the major teams now have squads & the potential for sponsorship, prizes etc in a growing market could be considerable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All for us having a women’s team and if we’re going to have one why shouldn’t they be the best

That being said announce Alex Morgan signing and I’ll take interest in them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...