Morelos

BlueMe

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morelos is always a bit of a lightning rod because his play stands out so much, he never hides. His miss of the penalty obviously adds to that today.

But anybody criticising his (or any other player's) performance today was watching a different match from me. We could've easily won four or more nil with how we played, we were the only team on the park.

Obviously this is a sore one, but I'm feeling weirdly ambivalent. In the wider scheme of things I think we'll look back at this performance as the start of a new and happy chapter. Fuck this shitey cup, the league is clearly there for the winning.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Nah m8 you obviously are missing the experts who have rightly decided that he is shite now because he only managed 5 saves out the opposition goalie....yes his penalty was poor (1st one I think he has ever taken for us) but to suggest he played poor is only to fit the narrative of the trolls!!!

Incedently people who compare Morelos and Edouard will now have a field day if they have been listening to sutton.....if you believe that cunt, then he swung the game in their favour  cause he was able to take the ball in and win a free kick.....I expect any front man to be able to complete that task in any level of football 

Sutton's point was they had no striker and any striker would have done better, not that Edouard was some mythical striker that could change any game.

Gutted he didn't put one away, but I can't fault his overall performance.

Should have had another penalty and I would have let him take that one as well.

No scapegoats today. Some fucking slick football, but there does remain those who are not got enough either in ability or mentality. Start with three of the back line. That will remain our weakness until Gerrard gets over his blind spot.

Just now, lidorfc said:

Sutton's point was they had no striker and any striker would have done better, not that Edouard was some mythical striker that could change any game.

I get that but if you listen to him(I know)he is making Edouard out to be the 2nd coming of christ....the ball he released Johnston with was again a fuck up from Goldson who got caught napping on the ball.....other that that he did fuck all the same as Morgan 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Guys hurting on here .Why do well start shouting out taig ,cause they have different opinion man .We all love Alfredo but he cost us the cup final today .Fact 

I love Alfie as a player and I think once he breaks his duck against the tarriers, it will be a weight off his shoulders as its becoming a mental thing, was hoping today was the day.

What do you do with this guy now? That's 11 old firm games he's played in and not scored.

Do we drop him for old firm games or keep sticking with him in the hope he'll finally do it?

11 games, fuck me man. that's nearly 1000 minutes

edited to say: if it was a goalkeeper not saving what would be expected, or a defender not doing what was expected or whatever - would you stick with them for that length of time hoping they'd get better? If not then why is Morelos a special case?

26 minutes ago, TMB said:

Failed to take his chances today but let’s not forget he’s scored 26 for us this season. He’s been outstanding.  

I agree mate he has been outstanding for is in other games but a real Rangers striker scores against them and he failed once again to do that today.

12 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

What do you do with this guy now? That's 11 old firm games he's played in and not scored.

Do we drop him for old firm games or keep sticking with him in the hope he'll finally do it?

11 games, fuck me man. that's nearly 1000 minutes

edited to say: if it was a goalkeeper not saving what would be expected, or a defender not doing what was expected or whatever - would you stick with them for that length of time hoping they'd get better? If not then why is Morelos a special case?

He's been unlucky in some cases, piss poor in others. I don't think you can bear his record in mind when deciding future OF teams. Our whole style of play is built around him 

If fit, he should never be dropped.

He was off it against the sheep, but whilst not at his best, thought he had a good game today.

Also thought he didn't get enough of the ball.

There are however those who are simply not good enough technically or mentally. Even though we were so much in the ascendency, you still seen the same players with the same flaws. We know who they are. Decent guys but not good enough for where we need to be. That is what Gerrard needs to address, otherwise we will continue to struggle and fail when it really matters.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He was off it against the sheep, but whilst not at his best, thought he had a good game today.

There are however those who are simply not good enough technically or mentally. Even though we were so much in the ascendency, you still seen the same players with the same flaws. We know who they are. Decent guys but not good enough for where we need to be. That is what Gerrard needs to address, otherwise we will continue to struggle and fail when it really matters.

How does morelos  it get lumped into that category? Played 11 games against them without a single goal.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

BA . I don't think you can let Alfredo off the hook today because he is our best striker . He is and is loved by myself . However your little meeting with him has tainted your opinion here .

He was responsible for us not winning that today . Absolutely

2 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

How does morelos  it get lumped into that category? Played 11 games against them without a single goal.

I simply find them an irrelevance.

His ability is proven against better than them.

Foster, whom I sadly admit is a great keeper, was on it today. On another day with the same chances, Alfie puts three past him.

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I am just trying to see this as unemotionally as possible. Players are dropped all the time for tactical reasons, some players who don't normally play often do well in specific games and are kept for them. I remember Kenny Miller was one who in the latter stages of his Rangers career was only really used in Old Firm games, because he had a knack for scoring in them.

How can we complain about Gerrard having favourites when Morelos is not scoring in these games at all and there are plenty of fans who still think we should go with him no matter what? He is there to score goals, he is the only striker being played in our formation and he's not done it in 11 games.

Like I said, I love the wee guy but are we not just damaging ourselves by stubbornly sticking with a player who is not doing the business in these games we really need to start winning?

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

BA . I don't think you can let Alfredo off the hook today because he is our best striker . He is and is loved by myself . However your little meeting with him has tainted your opinion here .

He was responsible for us not winning that today . Absolutely

Fuck it, I'm staying in denial!

:mutley:

In saying that, I would say fifty pence heed was more to blame. In desceding order, him Helander and Tav, are our weakest link and will remain so.

Archived