Morelos

BlueMe

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Edouard would have won us the game today, there's the difference.

They're slightly different strikers but sadly their striker has a composure to his play that Morelos lacks.

I'm not saying I'd rather have him over Morelos but in a game like that, it can be the difference.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Fuck it, I'm staying in denial!

:mutley:

In saying that, I would say fifty pence heed was more to blame. In desceding order, him Helander and Tav, are our weakest link and will remain so.

today it would be hard to criticise the defence mate to be honest . We all know our shortcomings there . Our midfield dominated for large parts of the game

Jack and Arfield bossed it . And the others were doing ok . It's the ability to change a game when they are shocked with a goal against , like midweek and today . Or going against 10 men with 30minutes left

Our overall desire just evaporated in both these games . That is just not acceptable at Rangers

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I simply find them an irrelevance.

His ability is proven against better than them.

Foster, whom I sadly admit is a great keeper, was on it today. On another day with the same chances, Alfie puts three past him.

Ability wise absolutely. Mentality wise, I dont get how you dont lump him in with guys like Tavernier. 

McGregor makes saves like that on an almost weekly basis, those close 1 in 1 saves, good saves, but morelos should have scored.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

100%

Wrong.

Just now, McKissock said:

They're slightly different strikers but sadly their striker has a composure to his play that Morelos lacks.

I'm not saying I'd rather have him over Morelos but in a game like that, it can be the difference.

Agree with that 100%. Don't think any of them are a lot better than the other, but I'd trust Edouard more than Morelos. Both will go for around the same.

Alfie was dire today. He missed a few good chances and the penalty was poor. He had a poor game against Aberdeen midweek as well. I’m a big fan and he has been brilliant all season but we need an alternative sometimes. Defoe looks off the pace probably due to not much game time recently.

4 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I am just trying to see this as unemotionally as possible. Players are dropped all the time for tactical reasons, some players who don't normally play often do well in specific games and are kept for them. I remember Kenny Miller was one who in the latter stages of his Rangers career was only really used in Old Firm games, because he had a knack for scoring in them.

How can we complain about Gerrard having favourites when Morelos is not scoring in these games at all and there are plenty of fans who still think we should go with him no matter what? He is there to score goals, he is the only striker being played in our formation and he's not done it in 11 games.

Like I said, I love the wee guy but are we not just damaging ourselves by stubbornly sticking with a player who is not doing the business in these games we really need to start winning?

Get what you're saying, but Alfie has carried us this season with his goals and got us to where we are now.

He is allowed off days like others. IMO he should have been rested previously along with others and for differeing reasons, because we went through the same shite last season, continually playing the same players whether good or bad and we ended up throwing away the best chance we had of taking that title.

We are better this season, but we witness the same movie with players not being rested despite having a much better bench. I believe that will again cost us. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wrong.

Agree with that 100%. Don't think any of them are a lot better than the other, but I'd trust Edouard more than Morelos. Both will go for around the same.

We just lost to the scum, everybody is hurting, everybody is angry  and people like you come out stating that Edouard is better than Morelos. Disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

today it would be hard to criticise the defence mate to be honest . We all know our shortcomings there . Our midfield dominated for large parts of the game

Jack and Arfield bossed it . And the others were doing ok . It's the ability to change a game when they are shocked with a goal against , like midweek and today . Or going against 10 men with 30minutes left

Our overall desire just evaporated in both these games . That is just not acceptable at Rangers

I think you answered your own question in that last para.

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Penalty should've been retaken but hey ho. 

Easy to say that because he missed  mate. I know that technically it’s in the rules but keepers come off their line for the majority of penalties and retakes are barely ordered. He should have buried it but ultimately his effort was poor.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I never said he's better.

That's what you said..... In the school I went to that reads to me that you think their striker is better than ours. Next thing you'll be saying is he is worth more.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

That's what you said..... In the school I went to that reads to me that you think their striker is better than ours. Next thing you'll be saying is he is worth more.

Being more clinical doesn't equate to being better,

Archived