Morelos

BlueMe

25 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

And none will be close to his ridiculously bad misses

There's one in particular away to them cunts where Gordon made a great save and Morelos also horrendously missed a free header. Couldn't believe he didn't get it anywhere near on target at the time.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I think some people are being too harsh on him vs the scum.

In 11 games on 4 occasions he has played 30 mins or less, one was for 10 minutes. The red card game he deserved stick.

First 4 were Pedro's season and he was denied a clear penalty in the home game. Another was the game after Ufa and we played for a draw that day with little attacking intent.

He has been unlucky with some excellent saves made against him. I have no doubt one becomes 4 or 5 depending how long he stays.

To look solely at 0 in 11 does not tell the whole story or do some his performances justice.

If we win the league I really couldn't care less if he ever scores against them . 

On 08/12/2019 at 17:05, pollok-bear said:

Get this wee bastard morelos to fuck. Any cunt that says otherwise have a losing mentality.

Wee prick shits it against them and that's not a Rangers player. Get him to fuck

You calmed doon yet?

1 minute ago, pollok-bear said:

Yeah bud was heat of the moment man.  As I said afterwards I have backed morelos through everything even when he was getting sent off but yesterday was so frustrating man. 

Of course it was,  just calling our top goalscorer and the guy leading the line for the team a "wee batard" is a tad harsh :lol:

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Of course it was,  just calling our top goalscorer and the guy leading the line for the team a "wee batard" is a tad harsh :lol:

I think my problem was I am usually at the game and have time to calm down before I come on here but yesterday I was in the house watching it and the rage came straight away on here without having time to reflect and calm down lol.

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

All true but the wee man just has no luck either. Those from the tight angles were good efforts.

He had a right to go for a couple of them, can't blame him really. Alfredo will score this season against them, and probably a few more on top. It was just one of those freakish days in a cup final.

At the game yesterday and just watched it again, at the time I thought every attempt ( apart from the penalty which was rank ) the Buff had he couldn't have done any more than he did, only thing was the opposition keeper had the game of his life - on any other day the Buff would probably have had a hat trick

15 minutes ago, Vision said:

If Alfie wants to learn from yesterdays game then he needs to learn it's not all about him.

It's a team game and he's got to be less selfish and think of the team first and foremost.

His all round game has improved no end this season and he's been playing others in.

However in this one, maybe he took it just a bit personal in trying to score himself too much and tried too hard. I can't condemn him for trying.

Also, I do notice both in this game and others, our players are not the best at running off the ball and making angles to take a pass. Arfield's final ball and shooting are horrendous at times. Aribo dribbles to much. With Barisic in, we definitely flow much better down the left, but centre to right it becomes rather disjointed. Many take one touch too many when it's not needed.

The quickest wat to get the ball back to front is by passing the ball past the oppo, not running with it and inviting the oppo to take it off you. Only the Gazza's and Laudrups of this world can get away with that consistently.

Another step up in quality needed in a few positions, including that back line.

8 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

At the game yesterday and just watched it again, at the time I thought every attempt ( apart from the penalty which was rank ) the Buff had he couldn't have done any more than he did, only thing was the opposition keeper had the game of his life - on any other day the Buff would probably have had a hat trick

From what I can remember buff had 3 shots on target in the first half, a header and penalty in the second half all saved by Forster in the game of his life. He can’t be that good or lucky again against Alfredo!!  

4 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

From what I can remember buff had 3 shots on target in the first half, a header and penalty in the second half all saved by Forster in the game of his life. He can’t be that good or lucky again against Alfredo!!  

But maybe Alfredo can still be that unlucky against the scum 

I can think of at least 3 other OF games where he missed sitters and chance after chance 

2-3 loss .Sitter and one on one  missed 

The game where we drew with them 1-1 I think at bheastville .

the 0-4 loss in SCSf where he just kept missing .Alfredo is no doubt a better player but his composure is for shit on a one on one IMO 

I'm a fan but it's not just down to bad luck with his Old firm record .Not for me 

4 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

He has had two and a half seasons at us and eleven games to score and has not delivered it's a problem when he's our main striker in games against them, the penalty miss was quite bad as Forster committed himself early to his right side and Morelos still put it to his right side, with a wee bit more composure he could have passed it in to his left.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The only issue with Morelos in these games is that he’s trying too hard to score.

Let’s not forget he’s almost single handedly carried us to within 1 game of last 16 in Europe and 2nd place in League.

That’s very fair point mate .I think he is more instinctive  striker 

He has to show more composure on one to ones though .

Archived