Morelos

BlueMe

45 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Tell you what they we need to start getting players to head toward the back post when alfie takes it in to turn and shoot. The lack of follow up on the wee mans great work is not good. The type of runs Kenny Miller did so well, we would have so many back post tap ins.

Correct because he can batter it and a fair amount of times it is not held by the goalie, i have thought that loads, Kent with his pace shpuld keep up and be sniffing.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, beararse said:

This.

Plus, imagine if wee Alfredo could add variety to his shooting.

Can’t recall him ever dinking a wee chip over a charging keeper, or rounding them, he tends to just skelp it as hard as he can when he gets sight of goal.

In the cup final we didn't get enough players into the box for Alfredos chances, particularly at the back post. 

He didn't do much wrong with his finishes from open play, getting in low powerful shots from difficult angles. Forster made himself big and they got lucky.

Possibly should of went back across the goal with his headed chance but can't criticize too much as heading down into the ground is often sucessful.

It up to the likes of Kent, Aribo and Arfield to get into the box, just like Jack did for his goal in the sheep game.

4 hours ago, beararse said:

This.

Can’t recall him ever dinking a wee chip over a charging keeper, or rounding them, he tends to just skelp it as hard as he can when he gets sight of goal.

Couldn't agree more with this.  I love Morelos but I just wish he'd compose himself more at times. 

Something maybe defoe could work on with him. 

4 hours ago, beararse said:

This.

Apart from last night when he passed it in..

On 13/12/2019 at 07:17, beararse said:

This.

there was one when he feigned to shoot against Motherwell last season and went round the keeper and shot, his best goal for me was one against Aberdeen when he used the defender and curled it round into the corner.

He does have it he just chooses to hit it as hard as he can.

Woman I sit near continually calls Alfredo ‘greedy’ because when he’s around the box he takes a shot rather than square it to any teammates nearby (25+ goals this season and must be about half of them in Europe) and says every time he falls over he makes too much of it and won’t get the free kick, cannot stand people that don’t understand why he is the player he is. Fucking never gives the guy credit, even after all his faults that he’s made up for she can’t say ‘wow, some player we have here’. 

alfredo 💙💙💙

9 hours ago, Smile said:

there was one when he feigned to shoot against Motherwell last season and went round the keeper and shot his best goal for me was one against Aberdeen when he used the defender and curled it round into the corner.

He does have it he just chooses to hit it as hard as he can.

That one against Aberdeen is his best goal for us that I can think of. It’ll never get the praise it deserves. Henry-esque.

12 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

Worked out fine for Alan Shearer. 

And just imagine how much better Shearer would have been if he didn’t just skelp them 🙂

Morelos is fantastic, I was just pointing out his lack of variety in front of goal (compare  his type of goals v’s Defoe’s for example).

A little bit more guile, making him less predictable from a goal keepers view,  and his strike rate would soar.

1 hour ago, jbm26896 said:

Another important goal today

Well done Buff .

True.

However I really think he has to try to alter his finishes. I wonder if he could have chipped the rounded the keeper when through. A minor complaint admittedly but I’m thinking of things that can make him a better player.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

True.

However I really think he has to try to alter his finishes. I wonder if he could have chipped the rounded the keeper when through. A minor complaint admittedly but I’m thinking of things that can make him a better player.

He tried to chip that keeper the day and the keeper saved it, he placed them and smashed them but the keeper had a blinder. A well deserved MOTM award tbh

I hope the next time Morelos does an interview, instead of saying he wants to move to a more competitive league he says he wants to move to a league that’s not corrupt like ours

It won’t make anything change in a pathetic, small minded, republican controlled joke of a league, that is the Spfl, it might just highlight to players of decent ability to avoid this place at all costs, that’s when we might get change, when decent young Scottish boys can’t wait to leave and you can’t attract any better players than the league of Ireland 

maybe for the good of our game in this country will the powers that be, try and get the basics right like having a competent official making an honest call

One can only live and hope

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

True.

We all said he should go high in those tight one on ones, he went today and the spawns cunt if a goalie just throws his hand in the air and saves it. 
He’s just having one of those spells where not everything he hits goes in but he is still scoring. 

Archived