Sign in to follow this  
ForeverAndEver

*****The Official Rangers V Hearts Thread*****

Will be interesting to see what happens today. Barisic didn’t look fully fit on Thursday. Gerrard also said there were a few players who were tight in Friday’s press conference.

Hopefully Defoe is fit because we need to keep Morelos fresh and this is probably the game to do it.

I think Aribo and Stewart will play. Not sure who for though. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Will be interesting to see what happens today. Barisic didn’t look fully fit on Thursday. Gerrard also said there were a few players who were tight in Friday’s press conference.

Hopefully Defoe is fit because we need to keep Morelos fresh and this is probably the game to do it.

I think Aribo and Stewart will play. Not sure who for though. 

There’s no need for Jack, Davis and Kamara to play in games at Ibrox.

Aribo for Davis, Stewart for Ojo, i think Katic might start and also defoe for Alfie.

4 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Plenty of goals to keep us warm hopefully. 

Wrap up well if you are going along. Minus 5 according to the temp gauge on my car this morning, hope they remembered to turn the pitch heating on last night.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aribo for Davis, Stewart for Ojo, i think Katic might start and also defoe for Alfie.

That’s what I was thinking too. But I can’t see Gerrard making four changes to the team?

Hilly86 likes this

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That’s what I was thinking too. But I can’t see Gerrard making four changes to the team?

Neither can I but he said he wanted a big squad so he could rotate when need be. December is huge for us, so important to pick up wins but we don't also want player burn out. 

Morelos has to start. As last week again showed, we are not the same team with Defoe in the team and as good as we've been this season at grinding out results when we've underperformed, it's unrealistic to expect that to continue. Sooner or later we will be caught out. 

Start as strong as possible and Morelos, Kent etc can be subbed later in the game when it's hopefully won.

Mcgregor 

Tav           Goldson          Helander         Borna

Davis 

Jack                          Aribo 

Fuck knows                                                  Kent

Morelos 

3-0 

8 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Wrap up well if you are going along. Minus 5 according to the temp gauge on my car this morning, hope they remembered to turn the pitch heating on last night.

Got the puffer jacket and hip flask ready.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

A big win would be very welcome but the 3 points are paramount. 

Goal difference is unimportant at this stage of the season.

I agree about getting the win first and foremost but I wouldn't say goal difference is unimportant. If the opportunity is there we should be looking to grab as many as possible. 

It could very well come down to games against they cunts and goal difference. Imagine if we're level on points with a few games left but about 10 goals behind?

Blumhoilann likes this

Their entire offensive threat revolves around Ikpeazu. If he starts today then either Kamara or Aribo, depending who starts, have the task of playing right in front of him from any long balls and trying to nullify his impact on the game. If we let him bully the cbs and get control of the ball he can cause problems but I'd hope after the game at Tynecastle the manager and players know how to combat their only threat. 

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Morelos has to start. As last week again showed, we are not the same team with Defoe in the team and as good as we've been this season at grinding out results when we've underperformed, it's unrealistic to expect that to continue. Sooner or later we will be caught out. 

Start as strong as possible and Morelos, Kent etc can be subbed later in the game when it's hopefully won.

Mcgregor 

Tav           Goldson          Helander         Borna

Davis 

Jack                          Aribo 

Fuck knows                                                  Kent

Morelos 

3-0 

Stewart

2 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

Stewart

Don't rate him mate, but considering the other options available and their recent form it's hard to argue that he at least deserves a chance. 

Think we will rotate with Wednesday and the cup final coming up.    Can’t keep playing the best 11 much as we would all like to.  Will take one goal scuffy wins today, Weds and at Hampden.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Problem is no Alfie then the ball doesn't stick up front but keeps coming back.  I'd rather have anyone in instead of Ojo, he's a complete waste of a Rangers jersey.