*****The Official Rangers V Hearts Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

5 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Arfield always puts in a shift, even if his finishing is a bit off lately

apparently he has some personal issues off-pitch right now aswell that he's dealing with

happy to see him on the team, undying respect for the man

Putting in a shift isn't good enough when you are part of the attacking 3. Goals and assists are what is required. I'm disappointed to see him in the team but that's down to the manager, not the player himself. 

Hopefully today is the day he finds some form because it's deserted him all season. 

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KBOO72 said:

Putting in a shift isn't good enough when you are part of the attacking 3. Goals and assists are what is required. I'm disappointed to see him in the team but that's down to the manager, not the player himself. 

Hopefully today is the day he finds some form because it's deserted him all season. 

Agreed and it's certainly not his finishing that's let him down. He's been off the pace when getting balls played to him, he's been quick to get rid of the ball and because he's played out wide when he does get the ball there he's been unable to run with ball. Can't cover the ground that the likes of Jones/ojo will. He's been living on last seasons end of season performances. 

9 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

I'd agree with you if I thought he was one of the weak links in the team.  Fact is he is industrious in the midfield and is involved in forward play.  He isn't on goal scoring form but I dont see who could replace him from the bench?  Don't say Stewart because he isn't anywhere near the level he needs to be.

1 minute ago, Stunels said:

I'd agree with you if I thought he was one of the weak links in the team.  Fact is he is industrious in the midfield and is involved in forward play.  He isn't on goal scoring form but I dont see who could replace him from the bench?  Don't say Stewart because he isn't anywhere near the level he needs to be.

Stewart has at least provided a goal threat and assists when he’s played, if you looked at the impact both have had when they’ve played this season then Stewart should be playing all day long. 

I’m a big fan of Arfield but he’s well off it at the moment regardless of what the cause is. Putting in a shift just isn’t enough, last season he was putting in a shift and winning the ball getting us up the park where as this season he’s just running about like a headless chicken not really contributing anything other than losing possession 

25 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Arfield always puts in a shift, even if his finishing is a bit off lately

apparently he has some personal issues off-pitch right now aswell that he's dealing with

happy to see him on the team, undying respect for the man

We are in this position because of players like Arfield . Winning games and giving better account of ourselves in games .

Unlike a few years ago , when we were being embarrassed . Arfield will come good again . Sure of it

Just now, GA1972 said:

Stewart has at least provided a goal threat and assists when he’s played, if you looked at the impact both have had when they’ve played this season then Stewart should be playing all day long. 

I’m a big fan of Arfield but he’s well off it at the moment regardless of what the cause is. Putting in a shift just isn’t enough, last season he was putting in a shift and winning the ball getting us up the park where as this season he’s just running about like a headless chicken not really contributing anything other than losing possession 

Stewart's only positive game was a game where the entire team played well and dominated for 90 minutes.  He hasn't had much oppertunity to prove himself though so I take your point he could maybe start over Arf as he is definitely off form just now.

Today lets just hope Arfy ends all debate haha

5 minutes ago, Stunels said:

His involvement in forward play this season has mainly resulted in losing possession or moves breaking down. And I agree about Stewart, but perhaps its time to give him a chance considering how poor both Arfield and Ojo have performed recently. That position in the team is clearly a problem for us at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Mclean RFC said:

no jack will be a test for the midfield today. with the weather i thought it would be best not to risk resting players like jacks quality.

I would just keep Jack for next weekend tbh . We will need him badly in the cup final

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

His involvement in forward play this season has mainly resulted in losing possession or moves breaking down. And I agree about Stewart, but perhaps its time to give him a chance considering how poor both Arfield and Ojo have performed recently. That position in the team is clearly a problem for us at the moment. 

Cant argue with this mate

2 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Stewart's only positive game was a game where the entire team played well and dominated for 90 minutes.  He hasn't had much oppertunity to prove himself though so I take your point he could maybe start over Arf as he is definitely off form just now.

Today lets just hope Arfy ends all debate haha

Hopefully Barisic syndrome where Arfield will have a good game or score then find his form again 

We really could be doing with him stepping up, it’s clear Ojo is never going to be more than an empty jersey on the right wing and Gerrard obviously doesn’t fancy playing Stewart out there regular 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He's a cert for Pittodrie.

Yeah we would need him there too . I see at least 1 important  Rangers player being sent off in next couple of games . And a big injury loss .

I have seen this all before , when we have a big game against the taigs

Archived