CB partnership

jjbscotty12

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Kind of worried about the lack of pace of Goldson and Helander for the cup final. I know Goldson is rated on here but imo he’s an accident waiting to happen.

Goldson is very quick for a center half, Helander is not but is probably the better defender of the two.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That second goal was piss poor.

Almost a carbon copy of Edouards goal at the Theatre of screams last year.

we’re on attack, lose ball, ball played through and left centre back can’t do basics of showing striker away from goal.

We were a goal up away from home so there was no need to have so many players forward leaving Feyenord in a 3 vs 3 situation on their counter attack.

Rather than putting in some sort of challenge Goldson decides to put his hands in the air and watch his opponent dance away and score.

He's clearly being carefully not to give away a penalty, but needs to put in some sort of challenge to at least make it more difficult for his opponent.

He lacks defensive instinct.

First goal was poor too. 

I really don't understand why we don't rest goldson every so often and put katic in. 

I personally think goldson is a good defender but I think he still struggles a bit in terms of stamina over the season. He got like this last season where you could see he was getting fatigued at this time of the year. 

We've got three good quality CBs we ought to be using them. 

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Roughly 26 games since August with 23 clean sheets, aye our defence is really shite.

That said we have 4 very good CBs and perhaps need to rotate a bit more.

We've conceded in 12 of those 26 games. Fuck knows where you're getting your stats from but they're way off. 

3 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

We've conceded in 12 of those 26 games. Fuck knows where you're getting your stats from but they're way off. 

(4 clean sheets in Aug, same in Sept.  2 in oct and 3 in November

4 plus 4 plus2 plus 3 ==== 13.

Go check the Rangers website

Even after the shambles of the 2nd goal any long ball through the middle has them done up like a kipper, little bit more composure from the Feyenoord player and we lose that game last night. 
We need better, now whether Katic & Edmundson are the better is up for debate but what isn’t up for debate is we need better. 

18 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

(4 clean sheets in Aug, same in Sept.  2 in oct and 3 in November

4 plus 4 plus2 plus 3 ==== 13.

Go check the Rangers website

Nuh, I'll be checking nothing. 

We've conceded in 12 of the 26 games. And I don't think anyone has said our defence is "really shite" but there's legitimate cause for concern when you look at the standard of goal we've lost recently. 

43 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Even after the shambles of the 2nd goal any long ball through the middle has them done up like a kipper, little bit more composure from the Feyenoord player and we lose that game last night. 
We need better, now whether Katic & Edmundson are the better is up for debate but what isn’t up for debate is we need better. 

The problem is us losing the ball not our defending. sure they are not the fastest but if you actually watch how we play we have the defenders up the half way line when were attacking.

a loose ball or a quick counter will catch most teams out who play this way so ball retention is the best way to stop it. Scotland in general is piss poor at holding a football and passing around when being pressed.

country will neer get anywhere if it aint comfortable at least on a football. glad to see gerrards chaging this approach with us and our youth.

The second goal was not nice to watch but i felt helander really battles well in these games and is by far our best defender.

if we did not have davis  jack and kamara i feel we would get punished more often. davis rarely loses the ball.

By SG reaction you could see his anger at losing that 2nd goal, took me back to the video clip of one of his first training sessions where he’s emphasising ‘no more tippy tappy tackles’.  

Both CB’s will be cringing watching that goal again.  

After the high of the second Morelos goal we had to watch them defending like schoolboys was gutting.

Both slow as fuck.

2-1 up and tavs up field thinking he's a fucking striker as well Warburton football at its worse.

Archived