Sign in to follow this  
jjbscotty12

CB partnership

20 minutes ago, shenders said:

People always like the bring up the few goals conceded or how many clean sheets weve had stat. 

But look at the fucking dross we play against every week apart from the Scum and Europe. 
Even the teams meant to be challenging for europa places put 11 men behind the ball and boot it to a big lump of a boy of course were not gonna concede many. 

The truth is in pretty much every single game this season Goldson has been awful at everything required of a defender and gotten away with it. In the few other games hes been passable nothing exceptional. I dont get how people come out to defend him with all his errors. 

Helander looks great in Europa and after a rough first few games looks a bit more comfortable I dont think hes droppable but Goldson 100% is 

Goals conceded and clean sheets are pretty relevant when discussing our defence. As I said, I’d have Katic in my team, but I wouldn’t change the defence for such a big game. And while Goldson isn’t the best, to say he’s been awful at everything required of a defender in almost every game is just bollocks.

21 minutes ago, Darrenmt7 said:

Katic could easily slot back into the starting 11 not like he hasn't played with any of the players before.

Yeah, he has, and if it was any other team we were playing on Sunday, I’d do it.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I thought there was a handball in there. Not that he should have stopped, but I think that's what he was claiming.

That’s literally all that matters here!! 

My 5 year old knows that you don’t stop until the whistles blown. That’s our fucking vice captain & he stops with the ball at his feet to shout for a hand ball? No excuses! 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

That’s literally all that matters here!! 

My 5 year old knows that you don’t stop until the whistles blown. That’s our fucking vice captain & he stops with the ball at his feet to shout for a hand ball? No excuses! 

He didnt stop with the ball at his feet though.

13 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Goodson Golding has hands up shouting for a foul while the ball was right next to him was fucking criminal man!! 

At least SG acknowledged in his interview , who he clearly felt was responsible for the goal

Just now, eejay the dj said:

At least SG acknowledged in his interview , who he clearly felt was responsible for the goal

A dont think he did EJ , unlike when Katic fucked up he was quick to point the blame ...........

Just now, sassaaaa said:

A dont think he did EJ , unlike when Katic fucked up he was quick to point the blame ...........

He mentioned that our player just stood and claimed for free kick , when a free kick was never going to happen at Pittodrie

That is what I took mate . Surely he meant Goldson here

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

He mentioned that our player just stood and claimed for free kick , when a free kick was never going to happen at Pittodrie

That is what I took mate . Surely he meant Goldson here

He should have mentioned the 3 stooges by name , like he did with Katic.......

I think he can't change it now though . He has to stand or fall with this group . And that is why he won't be critical of them

Its a major weakness and these players know it.........

I think he can't change it now though . He has to stand or fall with this group . And that is why he won't be critical of them

Yep, if it was a home game against most spl teams he might well change. Sunday, cup final, against scum? No chance, and tbh if wouldnt be fair on the guys coming in from the cold.

eejay the dj likes this

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yep, if it was a home game against most spl teams he might well change. Sunday, cup final, against scum? No chance, and tbh if wouldnt be fair on the guys coming in from the cold.

Spot on . This place would be in meltdown if we changed it as this late stage .

If we take a beating . SG surely takes a lot of the blame for me  . Katic is our best defender and he doesn't get played