Looks like we are waiting anxiously

RFC55

I'll let yous in on something. The club are sweating over this, I hope to fuck nothing comes of this but we shall see. 

Look at the journos who are also posting we may be done. Their not fenians so maybe they are "outing" themselves as well

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Let's ignore the wee tantrum bit .

Yes , but he also had misgivings in the part played by fare.  Which , as far as I can see is still there , unless fare go to parkhead as often as Ibrox , which I doubt . 

You see , I think most level headed fans can see there is a problem here singing certain songs , the problem is they don't see a level playing field . Ok , I know some say we have to get our own house in order  , but I think that would be a lot easier done if they saw the same rules applied across the city . Its hard to accept one side could have a stand shut , or the ground closed the minute the fans step out of line while the other is ignored . Until that imbalance is sorted out you're going to have problems . 

Tantrum bit?

They haven't been repeatedly pulled of discriminatory chanting. That's why there's a difference in how often they attend our games v attending theirs. That's not exactly surprising tbh. Them being a rabble has no bearing on our own ability to sort our shit out. Just because they act like scumbags doesn't mean we need to respond in kind.

They've been fined 19 times in a decade. It's hardly being ignored. The difference is that we keep doing shit that comes with heavier sanctions. Its UEFA's disciplinary who decide the charges and under which article clubs are cited. FARE have no part in that.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I'll let yous in on something. The club are sweating over this, I hope to fuck nothing comes of this but we shall see. 

Look at the journos who are also posting we may be done. Their not fenians so maybe they are "outing" themselves as well

It's amazing how we've gone from Jordan Campbell and the Athletic being the saviours of Scottish sports journalism to public enemy number one overnight.

5 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yeah , it does seem to have two sets of rules . Just off the top of my head , I can recall Frank deBoer getting sung about being an Orange bastard in a European game not so long ago . 

Spot on about Frank.
It was the wording of the statement 7 years ago which raises an eyebrow.
Bain speaking out about FARE said "they have been infiltrated by people who make it their business to damage Rangers any way they can" 
Was never a fan of Bain,who did seem a level headed guy,but!!!!….that is some fuckin statement.
The club should follow through with whoever they are,right to the very fuckin top. 

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

How does it paint our fans in a bad light when, as you have already said, it confirms the majority of arrests were locals? It only paints us in a bad light if you're soft enough in the head to see the number of arrests and assume 'big bad Rangers'

To be honest the headline was written in such a way as to link Rangers fans to trouble, some people will only read the headline and that's a fact. The journalist, peter Davidson , knows this perfectly well. I can remember this chap regularly writing articles on Rangers fans and every single one of them has been negative. You might know the bloke and can maybe correct me if im wrong but I would put money on him being an agenda driven little weasel. He was the twat who tried to make out two fellas having a punch up in Amsterdam was some sort of major crowd trouble.

1 minute ago, One Jock Wallace said:

Couldn't agree more mate but the fact is UEFA have made it clear they won't tolerate it anymore & we can't win against these cunts. The best thing we can do is to protect the club by not giving them the ammo. 

I agree mate, but the club should be pointing out the strides we have taken and the great progress the fans have made in this regard.  Instead of just being classed along side some of the scum we see from Eastern Europe and other countries football teams that have real endemic problems with racism and that includes the scum just across the town from us. 

Just now, scottyscott1963 said:

Spot on about Frank.
It was the wording of the statement 7 years ago which raises an eyebrow.
Bain speaking out about FARE said "they have been infiltrated by people who make it their business to damage Rangers any way they can" 
Was never a fan of Bain,who did seem a level headed guy,but!!!!….that is some fuckin statement.
The club should follow through with whoever they are,right to the very fuckin top. 

There's a lot at FARE that's wrong mate. But in any event, if we sing fuck the pope or TBB then no matter if it was gerry adams as FARE rep, we would be fucked if there's evedince. 

There is a fight there to be had with FARE though imo 

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

To be honest the headline was written in such a way as to link Rangers fans to trouble, some people will only read the headline and that's a fact. The journalist, peter Davidson , knows this perfectly well. I can remember this chap regularly writing articles on Rangers fans and every single one of them has been negative. You might know the bloke and can maybe correct me if im wrong but I would put money on him being an agenda driven little weasel. He was the twat who tried to make out two fellas having a punch up in Amsterdam was some sort of major crowd trouble.

"Dutch police make 42 arrests in Rotterdam" - there's no suggestion Rangers fans were involved in anway in that headline. There's a little bit of ambiguity in the headline but  then that's the entire point of it. If the headline gives the story away it's a really bad headline.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tantrum bit?

They haven't been repeatedly pulled of discriminatory chanting. That's why there's a difference in how often they attend our games v attending theirs. That's not exactly surprising tbh. Them being a rabble has no bearing on our own ability to sort our shit out. Just because they act like scumbags doesn't mean we need to respond in kind.

They've been fined 19 times in a decade. It's hardly being ignored. The difference is that we keep doing shit that comes with heavier sanctions. Its UEFA's disciplinary who decide the charges and under which article clubs are cited. FARE have no part in that.

They haven't been repeatedly pulled up because fare are never there ! I'm sure if fare had been , and were neutral , c....c would be in the same trouble as us . 

Just now, ricksen_da_best said:

Can we be reported with no evidence? Even if fare where there, it would be hard to pinpoint or even make out where these chants where coming from unless you where sat in the Rangers end if they did occur. As feyenoord sung sweet Caroline. 

I'm sure I read before mate that they can :lol:

Which is farcical 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

They haven't been repeatedly pulled up because fare are never there ! I'm sure if fare had been , and were neutral , c....c would be in the same trouble as us . 

There's also match delegates who have reported celtic to UEFA enough that they've been fined 19 times a decade. Now their either all in on it together and deciding not to report what's going on (which would be one of the biggest sporting conspiracies in history) or they are getting reported but aren't breaching the same rule as us, hence the smaller sanctions.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

There's a lot at FARE that's wrong mate. But in any event, if we sing fuck the pope or TBB then no matter if it was gerry adams as FARE rep, we would be fucked if there's evedince. 

There is a fight there to be had with FARE though imo 

This 100%  like myself Rfc52, you like a song :lol: its just using the nut, and knowing where to sing them.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's also match delegates who have reported celtic to UEFA enough that they've been fined 19 times a decade. Now their either all in on it together and deciding not to report what's going on (which would be one of the biggest sporting conspiracies in history) or they are getting reported but aren't breaching the same rule as us, hence the smaller sanctions.

They’re 

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

This 100%  like myself Rfc52, you like a song :lol: its just using the nut, and knowing where to sing them.

I'm no even gonae try and vilify the fans because my mate said to me this morning, "you know for a fact had we been there we'd have sang it" 

Full of the bevvy and in amongst it, I know he's probably correct but imo nobody sets out to fuck the club over but in Europe there's no middle ground its got to stop. 

Archived