Looks like we are waiting anxiously

RFC55

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

It's the most evil religion in the world and uses its power to control everything.  Brain washes cunts to the max.

Offended by everything and wants to divide themselves from everyone who arent a catholic.

Perhaps it's just the price we have to pay for being attached to a mostly catholic continent? tbh I would say to any Bear on these trips cut it out because we have worked too hard to throw it all away for a couple of songs but I still think it's obscene for uefa to be defending the vatican 

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

Mate, honestly, I'm an auld Loyalist, but the fact that Rangers fans, watching Steven Gerrards team, our team, getting a great result against Feyenoord, need to sing about the pope and Catholicism is laughable 

You think like this because you are a sensible adult. We have enough great songs without scrapping the bottom o the barrel.

2 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

It's the most evil religion in the world and uses its power to control everything.  Brain washes cunts to the max.

Offended by everything and wants to divide themselves from everyone who arent a catholic.

I think there is a far more evil religion than RC in today's world.  

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

The law is an ass when it comes to things like this. 

You're right, but it shouldn't be that way.

It's a difficult one for me because (without going TOO far OT) everyone should have the right to choose whatever religion they wish with being abused for it but people also must absolutely have the right to oppose said religion. Although, not sure fitting 'fuck the pope' to a pop song would ever really fit that second one.

2 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Yes but they can't make out as if they are defending the weak and vulnerable when it's the roman church 

They aren't doing that, they are just saying everyone has theright to choose a religion without being abused for it at a fitba game.

You can't sing 'fuck the pope' in the pictures, why would you sing it at a fitba game in Holland?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They aren't doing that, they are just saying everyone has theright to choose a religion without being abused for it at a fitba game.

You can't sing 'fuck the pope' in the pictures, why would you sing it at a fitba game in Holland?

But we abuse the church not the people 

Sectarianism is a big part of life in this part of the world ... we even have sectarian schools thanks to oh yes the catholic church 

Just now, Thermopylae said:

But by attachment you're abusing the people.

And again, it's a fitba game in holland which you've been told for the last 20 years could hurt the club. This season we've been punished several times for it.

Is your hatred of the catholic church more important than the club?

3 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Sectarianism is a big part of life in this part of the world ... we even have sectarian schools thanks to oh yes the catholic church 

Sectarianism is a big part of life (not as big as many portray it tbh) but that doesn't mean that it's acceptable.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But by attachment you're abusing the people.

And again, it's a fitba game in holland which you've been told for the last 20 years could hurt the club. This season we've been punished several times for it.

Is your hatred of the catholic church more important than the club?

Well you can say that about abusing anything that has people attached.

I did make the point earlier if I was there I would tell them to cut it out

Just now, Thermopylae said:

Well you can say that about abusing anything that has people attached.

I did make the point earlier if I was there I would tell them to cut it out

You can, abusing Rangers FC can be seen as anti-Rangers, attacking the Orange Order can be seen as Anti-OO an attack of the Church of Scotland can be seen as anti-protestant/presbyterian.

That doesn't take away from the fact that we have been told since last century to chuck it or it's going to hurt us and people still persist.

Whatever you, I or anyone else think about the RC church, the Wee Frees, the Buddhist, the Moonies or any other religion, it is utterly irrelevant to UEFA. They view anything discriminatory as falling under their anti-racism rules.

If you (not you literally) don't like it don't go to UEFA games.

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

Why it is not acceptable to dislike the vatican? 

Jesus wept,It is acceptable, just don't sing about it inside a stadium where Rangers are playing, or it, under UEFA rules, like them or loathe them, will seriously damage Rangers!!!!! Aye?

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Of course it's targeted. It's a Scottish-regional news section of a UK news website. It's always going to be presented as a Rangers-focused story as there aren't likely hordes of Feyenoord fans checking BBC Scotland for news

Scottish-regional news section of a UK news website reporting trouble with Dutch fans??? You don't see anything wrong or misguided in this?

Hmmmm......

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

So we have 12 pages of back stabbng roasters on sectarian singing, based on nothing but speculation.

At least they're outed.

I rest my case.

I fail to see how when the club, the manager and the UEFA rules ask us not to sing it or the team will face punishment that criticising it makes it ‘back stabbing’. No one is naming names or identifying them. The ones doing the signing of banned songs are the ones doing the real damage. 

It’s not speculation. It’s been confirmed by a number of Rangers people at the game. If UEFA act on it is another issue. 

I don’t think people not wanting these songs being sung for fear of a stadium closure or worse is being ‘outed’. 

Archived