Looks like we are waiting anxiously

RFC55

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Fuck all to do with morals, or white knights or snowflakes. 

All about Rangers. That’s the driver. 

Doesn't sit right with me if you've sang or said the same words in a different stadium, but feel happy enough to dig out others just because we might be punished this time around.

You can admit we're wrong 100%, but I'm not here to slag our fans.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Can someone tell me what evidence there is? 

Nae videos, Nae UEFA delegate report..

They taking a couple of posts on a public forum as gospel? 

@eskbankloyal is solid and he has posted it. @Rfc52 is also a well respected poster and has said he heard it from someone connected to / close to the club. I trust those guys, they don't post pish.

4 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Tend to agree at this point. The era of "no-one likes us, we don't care..." is over if we want to develop as a club and a brand for the future. Say what you like in private, say/sing nothing in public.

No by all means do it in public, just don’t do it in a stadium and don’t film it and put it on fucking Facebook 

If it happens it happens but those responsible need to wisen up to the situation we find ourselves in. It's pretty clear this kind of behaviour is no longer acceptable.

Fuck me, I'm astonished that it might take a full stadium closure and losing close to £2m in gate receipts to realise their wrongs. Then again, some of them might not even realise.

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The picture isn't simply there to grab your eye. It's not there to imply, insinuate or suggest anything. It has more relevance to their target audience than a picture of random Feynoord fans...fuck it. Explained it already. re-read the post you quoted until you get it.

The author wont have picked the image. It will have been a sub-editor.

The reason I mentioned using pictures of Gerrard and not the players he named are because he is more relevant to the audience than one of Hearts players.

Shock horror though, someone greeting like fuck about the big bad media and haven't the first idea what they are on about.

Aw shame .... look who's all perturbed and flustered now. 

You really must be the  only one who doesn't get the picture .... just about every Rangers supporter who has seen this article on arrested Feyenoord fans ....  is asking why the fuck is this relevant to my Club?

Regardless to who actually fits the picture to the story .... it's malicious click bait ... accept it for what it is and move on.

Just because you fucked up your own analogy by inserting a picture that was actually "relevant" to your article ..... is not my fault .... get over it ..... you're really not that "relevant".

🇬🇧

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Considering there's plenty admitting it happened, and FARE had someone there then there'll be evidence

Can we not just lock this thread or better still delete it? This is open access for anyone to dredge up whatever they want.   No need to come on here and give UEFA, FARE or anyone else who cares to peruse it any ammunition.   Let’s wait and see what, if anything is done and then pass comment. 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

@eskbankloyal is solid and he has posted it. @Rfc52 is also a well respected poster and has said he heard it from someone connected to / close to the club. I trust those guys, they don't post pish.

Few conflicting reports then. 

I was there and no one round me sang it, not enough for me to hear it from the other sections either. Feyernoord fans were on top form before kick off 

It’s hard to criticise those who spend their hard earned and take time away to follow in Europe.  I honestly though can’t understand why some people keep on with the banned add ins etc.  All it does is cost the club money and potentially a full stadium closure.  Why a minority have to spoil it for the rest is just plain daft

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Few conflicting reports then. 

I was there and no one round me sang it, not enough for me to hear it from the other sections either. Feyernoord fans were on top form before kick off 

They were shite during the game from what I saw. Nothing like how they were in 2002

1 minute ago, Bobby Hume said:

Aw shame .... look who's all perturbed and flustered now. 

You really must be the  only one who doesn't get the picture .... just about every Rangers supporter who has seen this article on arrested Feyenoord fans ....  is asking why the fuck is this relevant to my Club?

Regardless to who actually fits the picture to the story .... it's malicious click bait ... accept it for what it is and move on.

Just because you fucked up your own analogy by inserting a picture that was actually "relevant" to your article ..... is not my fault .... get over it ..... you're really not that "relevant".

🇬🇧

Aw fuck, I made a mistake posting on my phone. I'm perturbed and flustered.

Are they? I can'tsay I've seen a whole lot of people saying that about the article at all.

A picture of Rangers fans in an article about Rangers fans being arrested at a Rangers game is pretty relevant

It's really not malicious click-bait. Nowhere close to it.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Again, loads of people having a dig at fans that travel all over for the club. If your not travelling as well then shit the fuck up. If you are, man the fuck up and talk man to man to a bear 

So the 40-odd thousand fans that could miss out on the YB game should shut the fuck up? Utter nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

No by all means do it in public, just don’t do it in a stadium and don’t film it and put it on fucking Facebook 

yeh I get that completely, but I'm beginning to think that any environment where some 3rd party can film us and use it to promote the "sectarian Rangers"  image is - in the long term - going to be increasingly damaging to us. And I'm old-school, believe me.

Find it bizarre that folk complain about knifing your own. It's pretty obvious that part, a big part, of stopping this shit is trying to make the folk that do it realise that the majority of the fanbase want them to cut it out.

Also don't get why you'd take issue with folk that take moral exception to the songs being sung. It's Ibrox being closed and millions of quid that's at stake. Very real damage to Rangers. Why wouldn't you take moral exception to that?

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd think so, yet when that happened last night, the journo who reported it was roundly attacked.

Tbf, I never heard any untoward singing on the TV, and only heard about this on here. Think the frustration comes from fans who perceive that the reporting is not even handed involving Rangers and celtic. I don’t read this reporters work so I can’t comment, but as an example I watched a video of a fight/ disturbance involving celtic fans and police on a ferry from a few days back. No mention on the news which took me back to the crazy airtime given to a sandcastle being kicked over by a nasty Rangers fan in Aberdeen. 
Like any occupation there are decent fair hardworking journalists out there but unfortunately there are agenda driven biased and unfair ones (Imo Tom English optimises this desc)... 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So the 40-odd thousand fans that could miss out on the YB game should shut the fuck up? Utter nonsense.

In this case, aye imo. Only the folk that were there know if it was sang or not. 

People should hang fire with digs at the away support without knowing the full story/consequence. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Again, loads of people having a dig at fans that travel all over for the club. If your not travelling as well then shit the fuck up. If you are, man the fuck up and talk man to man to a bear 

Personally, would never criticise our fans. We are the best in the world and as an older Bear who doesn't travel now, I am humbled time and again  by the fantastic support we have.

I just think we all need to wise up now in the interests of Rangers as a brand (cos we now live in a world where brands matter).

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Find it bizarre that folk complain about knifing your own. It's pretty obvious that part, a big part, of stopping this shit is trying to make the folk that do it realise that the majority of the fanbase want them to cut it out.

Also don't get why you'd take issue with folk that take moral exception to the songs being sung. It's Ibrox being closed and millions of quid that's at stake. Very real damage to Rangers. Why wouldn't you take moral exception to that?

Don't see how it's a moral issue tbh. I probably love  no football song more than TBB and I could never be offended on behalf of the scum support getting referred to in disparaging terms in a song or on a banner or whatever. It's simply a pragmatic (and practical) response to open a dialogue about it in order to avoid sanctions that can hurt our club. 

Archived