Looks like we are waiting anxiously

RFC55

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aw fuck, I made a mistake posting on my phone. I'm perturbed and flustered.

Are they? I can'tsay I've seen a whole lot of people saying that about the article at all.

A picture of Rangers fans in an article about Rangers fans being arrested at a Rangers game is pretty relevant

It's really not malicious click-bait. Nowhere close to it.

Blind to reason .... Blind to fact ..... Blind to anything other than a misguided self opinion ..... so so sad.

You are in denial ..... and that is undeniable ..... go on ..... try and deny it.  

🇬🇧

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Don't see how it's a moral issue tbh. I probably love  no football song more than TBB and I could never be offended on behalf of the scum support getting referred to in disparaging terms in a song or on a banner or whatever. It's simply a pragmatic (and practical) response to open a dialogue about it in order to avoid sanctions that can hurt our club. 

It's 100% a moral issue. You either find it wrong to hurt your own club or you don't.

21 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

@Rfc52 is also a well respected poster and has said he heard it from someone connected to / close to the club. I trust those guys, they don't post pish.

You obviously have never had a phone conversation with @Rfc52 at 1 in the morning. 

Presently, I live overseas ( Ibrox next month) so I really have no right to comment in what did or did not happen in Rotterdam. I know the OP travels far and wide to support our beloved club and for that, he will always have my respect and attention. But I can't help think this thread was over hasty and ended up a clusterfuck led by @thedude the apologist.

The crux of it all is we could get hammered again, we will miss out on a huge sum almost reported to be a million quid which could go to player recruitment with better chance of silverware. 

The songs and stuff won’t stop, we all know that, so it’s a case of will the club ban the fans from away game? The same fans who have pumped endless sums of money into the club for years.

There will be a divide for certain, it’s just a cluster fuck to see us getting this treatment when certain other clubs keep getting slaps on the wrists.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Presently, I live overseas ( Ibrox next month) so I really have no right to comment in what did or did not happen in Rotterdam. I know the OP travels far and wide to support our beloved club and for that, he will always have my respect and attention. But I can't help think this thread was over hasty and ended up a clusterfuck led by @thedude the apologist.

The OP started the thread long after thousands of posts and retweets were going around about this, if it wasn’t him then it would be someone else. 

16 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Find it bizarre that folk complain about knifing your own. It's pretty obvious that part, a big part, of stopping this shit is trying to make the folk that do it realise that the majority of the fanbase want them to cut it out.

Also don't get why you'd take issue with folk that take moral exception to the songs being sung. It's Ibrox being closed and millions of quid that's at stake. Very real damage to Rangers. Why wouldn't you take moral exception to that?

All the fans who went to Rotterdam and didn’t sing it probably feel the most “knifed”

Just now, Inigo said:

It's 100% a moral issue. You either find it wrong to hurt your own club or you don't.

mate, totally respect you but that's not a moral issue.

I believe we (Rangers) are routinely treated unfairly by the taig-friendly media, likewise by Liewells puppets in the SFA and I even feel the wider Rangers community gets a raw deal on  occasion by various local SNP councillors.

All of these are moral issues. The desire to 'play the game' to avoid giving our enemies ammunition is purely a practical motivation. I have no moral problem whatsoever with our songbook  on a personal level.

9 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Don't see how it's a moral issue tbh. I probably love  no football song more than TBB and I could never be offended on behalf of the scum support getting referred to in disparaging terms in a song or on a banner or whatever. It's simply a pragmatic (and practical) response to open a dialogue about it in order to avoid sanctions that can hurt our club. 

Absolutely. I have no moral objections to the words that were said. Just don’t want Rangers punished 

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It’s not a moral issue. I have no moral issue with smoking weed, but I’d still strongly advise anyone I cared about not to do it in front of a policeman. It’s pragmatism 

Just now, bluenoz said:

Where?

Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, news outlets. 

It was obvious that it would end up a big talking point on a Rangers forum as busy as RM. 

This thread hasn’t damaged us or given people ammo, we already knew the club were worried about it and it wasn’t from reading a thread on RM.

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

Think people just expect professional unbiased even handed reporting from journalists regardless of the story or clubs involved...

Hasn't happened for decades especially not n the Red Tops ---just as liverpool fans. 

BREAKING - Several people have been wounded in a stabbing incident in the Dutch city of The Hague, the city's police said Friday evening.

We'll get the blame for this as well  🙂 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, news outlets. 

It was obvious that it would end up a big talking point on a Rangers forum as busy as RM. 

This thread hasn’t damaged us or given people ammo, we already knew the club were worried about it and it wasn’t from reading a thread on RM.

Then we must have different twitter followers because other than a shady DR report I have yet to read anything, other than here,  not even from the BBC.

12 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

mate, totally respect you but that's not a moral issue.

I believe we (Rangers) are routinely treated unfairly by the taig-friendly media, likewise by Liewells puppets in the SFA and I even feel the wider Rangers community gets a raw deal on  occasion by various local SNP councillors.

All of these are moral issues. The desire to 'play the game' to avoid giving our enemies ammunition is purely a practical motivation. I have no moral problem whatsoever with our songbook  on a personal level.

How is your view of Rangers being damaged not a moral issue? It literally is. It's why folk are 'morally indignant', as someone said. 

The rest is true but a separate argument.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Having been in the stadium last night & having subsequently spoke to people within the club it will be an absolute miracle if we don’t play YBs behind closed doors. 

Our only hope is that the full stadium closure is suspended and it is partially shut, as has happened a couple of times. Most recent example being Lazio v celtic. 

If the above does transpire I’d expect a pretty strong response from Rangers, including an indefinite ban on taking away tickets. 

Absolutely sickening. Anyone engaging in even whataboutery on this issue can just fuck off. 

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

How is your view of Rangers being damaged not a moral issue? It literally is. It's why folk are 'morally indignant', as someone said. 

The rest is true but a separate argument.

But my view of Rangers isn't being damaged one iota. In fact, my view of Rangers hasn't changed since I was a lad.

35 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’m assuming if the worst does happen it will be the next European game after YB as their support will already have flights and accommodation booked

I'm sure they have previous for stadium closures at short notice.

Archived