Making a real fist of it

Rlm

Hows the General feeling amongst people?because we are making them have to win every week and that's pressure they haven't had off Aberdeen in the years of our absence  from the top flight. Am Happy with the character/Mentalality e.g Feyenoord the other night and today's result. We at the top barring a goal. And next week show no respect like we have done in 2 out of 3 last old firms since New year and I believe we are capable of a great result. 

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Not too sure about next week unfortunately 

The league race is our to throw away, just as much pressure on us as them and I hate too say it but they have the better squad to adapt to different games.

Not seen anything to suggest that so far considering we’re a goal behind them

14 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Hows the General feeling amongst people?because we are making them have to win every week and that's pressure they haven't had off Aberdeen in the years of our absence  from the top flight. Am Happy with the character/Mentalality e.g Feyenoord the other night and today's result. We at the top barring a goal. And next week show no respect like we have done in 2 out of 3 last old firms since New year and I believe we are capable of a great result. 

The reverse. They are making us have to win every week. 

We welcome the chase. 

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Not too sure about next week unfortunately 

The league race is our to throw away, just as much pressure on us as them and I hate too say it but they have the better squad to adapt to different games.

I am never sure about anything when it comes to Rangers, but I am fairly confident that Gerrard will have learnt his lesson from the game at Ibrox when we let THEM dominate us by trying to be too clever with the formation. The team next Sunday will be set out with the intention of using the wide players and getting at them on the left and right back positions where they are at their weakest. As long as we are determined enough to play our way, then we have a very real chance of winning next Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Who gives a flying fuck about the scum, if we play as we can we will win.

This. There's still 9 points up for grabs against them. Play at our best and I'd be confident of getting most if not all of these.

21 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

The reverse. They are making us have to win every week. 

We welcome the chase. 

Why do we seem to always play after them on a sunday?..seems to be a hell of a lot this season.

Away games against Sheep, Well, Hivs and them coming up on top of the cup final and Young Boys game with a potential banana skin against Kilmarnock.    Some month but the best possible start today.   Testing fixtures,  just need to pick them off one at a time, rotate where we can and avoid injuries.

47 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

If Morelos scores the winner for us in the cup final I’ll probably die of happiness in a big puddle of my own jizz.

Im optimistic.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, I think that you may have provided a wee bit too much information here.

I think in previous seasons they have been able to rotate their squad to give them best chance in Europe.  They could lose points and still stay on top due to large margin. 

This time around we are right on top of them and there is no wriggle room - to be fair to them they are on a good run too.

As far as the final goes, i think its too close to call but obviously hope we can do it.

With the League if we can stay within 2-3 points by the winter break we have a decent chance as the fixtures turn in our favour - December is a huge Month for us, pretty much make ir break imo.

I hope you are right about our mental strength, I always have a wee concern about that side, but we have two games coming up in the next week that will tell us if we do indeed have the mental strength to win on Wed and lift our first real silverware on Sunday since 2011.

I so much hope we are all celebrating this time next week. 

1 hour ago, Rlm said:

If SG sets up worrying about them .We are in trouble .We set up to play to our strengths and not what we did in league game earlier in season .We could be in for a day never to forget 

58 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Let’s not get carried away. 

There will be slip ups along the way on either side. 

Just hope we are the ones on top come May.

It’s not about getting carried aware,  it’s about being confident in your ability and knowing that we have 5he best squad and the best manager. It’s ours to lose 

That last OF game was an aberration imo, everyone can have an opinion on why it happened but its irrelevant at this point. 

They're not better than they were last season, we are. We horsed them twice, lost one game narrowly after traveling from the arse end of nowhere and lost the other game where in all fairness we should have won nevermind drawn, with ten men no less.

I have no fear of them.

7 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

That last OF game was an aberration imo, everyone can have an opinion on why it happened but its irrelevant at this point. 

They're not better than they were last season, we are. We horsed them twice, lost one game narrowly after traveling from the arse end of nowhere and lost the other game where in all fairness we should have won nevermind drawn, with ten men no less.

I have no fear of them.

Actually, I think we’ve both improved since last season, but if we play our best, we win.  We should have no fear you’re absolutely right. 

Archived