Only "desperate" clubs would pay big for Morelos - Charlie Nicholas

.Williamson.

I hope he's right, I hope Morelos has no transfer value with his current goal scoring record and that no other clubs are interested, I sincerely hope that continues for the foreseeable future.

Just a shame Oli McBurnie recently went for 20 Million (which likely suggests where the market sits for even the most average of goalscorers).

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You only have to look at the amount that some of the top scorers in the Europa League moved for last Summer to see that people will pay attention to how players play in that competition and pay accordingly. There are a lot of good players playing in the Europa League.

So far this season Morelos has scored as many goals in the tournament proper as Lacazette, Haller and Lo Celso did last season and we know how much they would cost to sign. Jovic, Ben Yedder and Haller all went for 40 million plus last Summer.

Playing in the SPFL is only going to hinder his value slightly, it might not at all anymore after Arsenal paid 25 million for a full back playing in the SPFL. If he scores against celtic this weekend (I think he will) then nobody can question the value we have placed on him.

BREAKING NEWS: Humza Yousaf is going to deport Morelos before Sunday as there are question marks over the new Scottish visa system he just wrote. Reports from the Scottish government say "Humza is pure dead shitting himself and wants to sort this problem out".

The first minister is currently in England touting her wares to any tv channel who will let her go on.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You only have to look at the amount that some of the top scorers in the Europa League moved for last Summer to see that people will pay attention to how players play in that competition and pay accordingly. There are a lot of good players playing in the Europa League.

So far this season Morelos has scored as many goals in the tournament proper as Lacazette, Haller and Lo Celso did last season and we know how much they would cost to sign. 

Jovic, Ben Yedder and Haller all went for 40 million plus last Summer.

Playing in the SPFL is only going to hinder his value slightly, it might not at all anymore after Arsenal paid 25 million for a full back playing in the SPFL. If he scores against celtic this weekend (I think he will) then nobody can question the value we have placed on him.

Agree with nearly all of that. The only thing is though is that we haven't placed any value on him, weve simply said that at this time he isn't for sale at any price. All the arguing over valuations is being done by the media. That Gordon waddle in the mail on sunday ended up arguing with himself, he got all indignant at the cheek of us not being willing to sell, who do we think we are etc etc.  The fact is we all know that we will sell him , just not yet, and when we do itll be for as much as we can get. And as much as we can get will be a damn site more than £15 million.

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Half the time it is the pundits that ‘value’ players, Keown says 40 mil ex tarrier says 20, fucking crackpot Charlie absolutely raging we have got the best player in Scotland.

El Buffalo for a hat trick on Sunday to ram it down the wee pricks throat

Can't stress how satisfying that would be 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Literally clinging to this hasn't scored against them. 

Morelos being joint top scorer in the SPFL and Europa league and a full international for Columbia counts for nothing then Charlie.

Another bitter ex player desperate to play down his achievements

I really think alfie will sink them this weekend to finally shut them all up. 

The man's a buffoon......... Alfredo's worth a minimum of 35 million....he will go onto play with one of the top six in England...... mark my words.

3 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Full internationalist and scorer for country. Europa league gosls vs top opposition and about twice as many as french ed.

If scoring  against celtic is the benchmark, how come we got less than £1M for Windass?

Can just imagine the discussion in the Palace boardroom. Hes only 23, can play lone striker, international breakthrough, goals in Europe with little service , 20 odd goals this season already, we must go for this guy before the big boys..............haud on, hes no scored against celtic!!!, deal off, lets buy the thumb for £20M

:lol: Actually laughed out loud at that . Worth a bump . 

42 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So far this season Morelos has scored as many goals in the tournament proper as Lacazette, Haller and Lo Celso did last season and we know how much they would cost to sign. 

Jovic, Ben Yedder and Haller all went for 40 million plus last Summer.

Personally, whether he scores against the scum is an irrelevance, They only use it to bait us.

In these two games they will target him like never before to get a reaction or to hurt him and that is what I hate about those scummy malcontent bastards.

Alfredo has more than proved his worth. He makes goals out of nothing. What about those headers ffs?. His all round game now is simply immense. Untouchable up here and those bastards can't handle it.

I hope our players offer him good protection in those two games, because the ref won't.

I couldn't care if he scores against them or not, as he has nothing to prove, but I will so fucking melt if does!

We simply rise above the bait of those malcontent bastards and do what we are best at. Winning!

gie.gif.581acfc9bf5e1c937b692fc322be3c36.gif

seriously, who cares what he or anyone else says.  He’s a jakey, illiterate twat and it’s about time Rangers maximised their transfer fees like the other half have obtained from the richer leagues. This isn’t just someone who scores in Scotland we’re talking about so maybe media,etc. should start to give players in our country a bit of a bumming up that it’s not all crap. 

5 hours ago, rfc1990 said:

Why is it all the ex celtic players and journalists are constantly comparing the two, whos the better player, who will go for more money etc 

Why not just appreciate that we have two very good players in the league who will both go for a very large amount of money? 

Edouard isn't even that good considering the amount of money they paid for him. 

It’s the tarrier way, they celebrate selling their best players for big transfer fees and it will feel like losing a cup final to them if Alfredo goes for more than whoever they push for the next big money transfer or more than biscuit hips. 

I hope our fans never get like that and actually want us to sell our best players like a badge of honour.

I hope wee Alfredo decides to stay forever, fuck the money 😆

I see the multiple stories of how shite Morelos is have suddenly reappeared.

This is pure Hollicom bullshit.

Push down the value of the leagues top striker and constantly bum up (pun intended) the Bheasts player.

Its like a well oiled propaganda machine.

How many of these stories are by old bheast players or pally journalists?

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I couldn't care if he scores against them or not, as he has nothing to prove, but I will so fucking melt if does!

We simply rise above the bait of those malcontent bastards and do what we are best at. Winning!

With you 100% here. I couldn’t care less who scores against them as long as we win, but if AM does what he’s best at then it gives me great comfort knowing halfwits like Nicholas and their other delusion fan base will hit that low point that been long overdue...

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

I don't get the obsession with comparing him with Eduard. Hes a decent player but hes not close to morelos anymore. They can't handle the fact we have a better player than them.

The one thing that separated them until recently is that Edouard had a knack for scoring important goals in high pressure situations (goals against us, last minute winners, goals in cup finals). Morelos has started doing that this season and when he scores against them they will have lost the last reason they  have to try and downplay his ability. Rangers fan of not, if I was a manager and I had the choice I would still take Morelos over Edouard.

Archived