We won’t win anything with that defence

GOAT

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shambolic. No two ways about it. I just keep scratching my head at how they threw that away. The first goal completely fucked us and it came from nothing, absolutely nothing. That centre back pairing is now my biggest fear for Sunday, a half fit Eduard will run them riot. 

7 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Question, can Goldson actually jump and header a ball  that is there to be won or is he buying into the onset of demetia thing.

Hes absolutely rotten when the ball is dropping out the sky and is there to be contested.

I don’t even know what he was complaining about just at the goal. Didn’t seem to be any push or foul but he’s standing there throwing his arms about looking for a foul. It’s not hard, always play to the whistle.

I have been saying to my boy all season that Goldson is like a rabbit in headlights, slow as fuck making his mind up what to do and then gets shut down and panicks, some of his passing is straight to the opposition and then he's back under pressure, if we are to be successful we need better than him.

I don't have a problem with a CH making the odd  stray pass. Other than Beckenbaur, I've yet to see one who doesn't but last night, those two got rag-dolled all night long and always seemed stretched for pace. Some games they look really assured, last night wasn't one of them.

23 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Shambolic. No two ways about it. I just keep scratching my head at how they threw that away. The first goal completely fucked us and it came from nothing, absolutely nothing. That centre back pairing is now my biggest fear for Sunday, a half fit Eduard will run them riot. 

Hard to remember us having such a level of absolute domination - and being 2 goals to the good - only to get overturned so dramatically by a very average team.  Fucking scary tbh. I thought we were in a better place. Much better.

1 hour ago, murzo said:

I don’t even know what he was complaining about just at the goal. Didn’t seem to be any push or foul but he’s standing there throwing his arms about looking for a foul. It’s not hard, always play to the whistle.

Did the same against Feyenoord and gave The Sheep player a free header in our box when Flanagan inexplicably skyed it in the second half, howling defending .

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

He's not the only one with pace and that's the concern.

15 hours ago, TopCat said:

I disagree with the OP.

In fact I believe we will win the cup with whichever back 4 Stevie Gerrard picks.

Then your aff yer nut.  Let’s examine the last couple of OF defeats.  Piggery 2-1 game,  tav gives ball away, tarriers score.   Defensive mistake.

last game, Goldson gives ball away, bheggers score.  Defensive mistake.  

see where I’m going with this....?

25 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We need to sign a right back and a centre back in the summer had enough of the chuckle brothers, Tav & Goldson 

Fucking hell..... Chuckle brothers yet top of the group in Europa League, two points off the top in the league, and going into a league cup final.

For the first 30-40 minutes on Wednesday we were in cruise control before the wheels came off. For whatever reason. Just have to move on.

Some of the criticism of individual players is over the top. Cup final to play this weekend and look forward to.

I am reminded of Kelly's Heroes and the 'negative vibes' quote.

24 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Fucking hell..... Chuckle brothers yet top of the group in Europa League, two points off the top in the league, and going into a league cup final.

We’d already be through but for Tavs fuck ups and top of league if it wasn’t for Goldson, they’re costing us time and time again, the fact we’re in a good position this season is in spite of them. 

12 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We’d already be through but for Tavs fuck ups and top of league if it wasn’t for Goldson, they’re costing us time and time again, the fact we’re in a good position this season is in spite of them. 

You should have been fucking banned for wishing any Rangers player a serious injury.

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

For the first 30-40 minutes on Wednesday we were in cruise control before the wheels came off. For whatever reason. Just have to move on.

Some of the criticism of individual players is over the top. Cup final to play this weekend and look forward to.

I am reminded of Kelly's Heroes and the 'negative vibes' quote.

I don't think it's criticism of the players so much, because they are what they are, but more the same underperforming players continually getting picked when they have been consistently poor.

I can blame Gerrard, but who the fuck knows what goes through the mind of the manager.

He appears to have settled for his best eleven and sticking with it, come what may, barring injuries.

Maybe he sees it as his way of improving them, but I don't quite get it, but that is why he is a manager, not me.

Albeit we've had some pish performances from the same offenders, we still do quite well. When it all clicks and we're all at it, we're pretty awesome to watch.

This is a pivotal season and it's do or die, so emotions run pretty high and dropping points and the capitulation against the sheep just brings out the worst. Disappointment, frustration, anger. Unsurprising and much of it not really meant.

You could see the disappointment in Gerrard, so more than anyone, he needs re evaluate his own thinking on how and who we set up with.

Moaning faced cunt that I am, I'm waiting on the rabbit getting pulled out of the hat on Sunday, because despite all our flaws, we can do it.

The only positions that people can argue that we possibly need some rotation in is upfront between Defoe and Morelos (most strikers would struggle to dislodge a player who has scored 25 goals before Christmas) and at centre half (but how many top teams regularly rotate and switch their centre halves). Apart from that the team that we put out every week is our strongest team, as it should be because the guys in reserve are, by and large, not good enough to start for us.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Albeit we've had some pish performances from the same offenders, we still do quite well. When it all clicks and we're all at it, we're pretty awesome to watch.

This is a pivotal season and it's do or die, so emotions run pretty high and dropping points and the capitulation against the sheep just brings out the worst. Disappointment, frustration, anger. Unsurprising and much of it not really meant.

Moaning faced cunt that I am, I'm waiting on the rabbit getting pulled out of the hat on Sunday, because despite all our flaws, we can do it.

The points you made above pretty much reflect my own opinion.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I don't think it's criticism of the players so much, because they are what they are, but more the same underperforming players continually getting picked when they have been consistently poor.

I can blame Gerrard, but who the fuck knows what goes through the mind of the manager.

He appears to have settled for his best eleven and sticking with it, come what may, barring injuries.

Maybe he sees it as his way of improving them, but I don't quite get it, but that is why he is a manager, not me.

You could see the disappointment in Gerrard, so more than anyone, he needs re evaluate his own thinking on how and who we set up with.

Spot on, Aberdeen could prove to be no more than a bad day at the office....or a season defining game that sees us win nothing.

When building play from the back a midfielder has to drop deep and take the ball of him.  His distribution is slow and usually very poor. On a few occasions now he has also tried to play a one two from the halfway line and found him self way out of position. Its his positional lack of discipline that makes him look bad. For me Helander is slow but has better positional sense than Goldson and any changes should see Goldson drop out with Katic coming and that way we also maintain the natural balance of the team.

does anyone else stay away from these threads after a draw or a defeat because of how cringey some of the people are in here.

honestly we messed up, but the bigger picture should always be the focus. we are better than last year. strong chance of europe after xmas and in a cup final.

alot of people in here i believe love it also when we get beaten or draw so they have ammunition to use for the weely whipping boy. Or in tavs case its been going on a long time and with goldson too.

they have not hit the heights of last season but they are still nowhere near the level ofdeserving the criticism they are currently getting. and one being a Rangers captain aswell. wishing inuries on players and calling them the chuckle brothers.

Archived