We won’t win anything with that defence

GOAT

Goldson had a shocker on Wednesday  night and Tav was posted missing  for one of their goals as well as a fairly pathetic attempt on the goal line to stop a strike.

We were very  impressive for most of the first half and then lost the plot , our rhythm and concentration going out the window.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

Goldson had a shocker on Wednesday  night and Tav was posted missing  for one of their goals as well as a fairly pathetic attempt on the goal line to stop a strike.

We were very  impressive for most of the first half and then lost the plot , our rhythm and concentration going out the window.

Quite selective imo Doc

The 1st goal they strolled through. Goldson didnt stop the move but took out the man outside the box which was cynical but right to do. The weak challenges came from Helander, Flanagan even Mcgregor. Tav was clearly avoiding handling it and though I too think he could have adjusted better his involvement was arguably least to blame.

2nd goal is a horrendous team goal to lose but let's consider Tav going missing. Flanagan gives the throw with shite defending. 3 players (Flanagan, Jack?, Kent) are marking 2 sheep, one of who ridiculously gets it in space despite our extra man and crosses. Goldson shite in air, claims something rather than going to ball running away from him. Cosgrove has moved off Tav, who himself goes central with him to block any shot, as I'd expect him to. Helander steps in with a fairly weak challenge and the ball breaks to their scorer.... who was fucking ojos man now unmarked.

As I say, selective in criticism which others seem to escape.

For me the back 4 were all poor, all contributed significantly to the loss, and even the keeper was weak with their 1st. But it was about far more than the poor Tav and Goldson.

36 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Do goals conceded statistics point to the sitters that teams have missed against us? Cosgrove on Wed, Hamilton previously? Do they show the times McGregor has saved us?

If you believe our defence is not suspect when put under pressure, your're wrong, no matter what the stats tell you. Also the scum have had numerous injuries in defence and have changed the back 5 consistently. 

Not saying they're not suspect. Just not as bad as the panic merchants would have you believe. Were they not under pressure in Warsaw and Porto and Rotterdam too? No pressure in European games at Ibrox? 

You mention the times McGregor has saved us. Isn't that literally his sole purpose in the game?

The stats don't mention the sitters we've missed either or the stonewall penalty we should have had at Pittodrie on Wednesday. Funny you never mentioned those.

4 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We’d already be through but for Tavs fuck ups and top of league if it wasn’t for Goldson, they’re costing us time and time again, the fact we’re in a good position this season is in spite of them. 

No one knows anything of the sort. Goldsons done well this season, albeit has been error prone. Tavs form has dipped but he's still been an important player in many games. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not saying they're not suspect. Just not as bad as the panic merchants would have you believe. Were they not under pressure in Warsaw and Porto and Rotterdam too? No pressure in European games at Ibrox? 

You mention the times McGregor has saved us. Isn't that literally his sole purpose in the game?

The stats don't mention the sitters we've missed either or the stonewall penalty we should have had at Pittodrie on Wednesday. Funny you never mentioned those.

Panic merchants?

We have a good side going forward but every goal we lose comes from a mistake. The collapse on Wednesday and the two goals we conceded are both unacceptable. Not getting a stonewalled or missing sitters is irrelevant when the point is the centre halfs are a bombscare.

Just now, Bluenose-11 said:

Panic merchants?

We have a good side going forward but every goal we lose comes from a mistake. The collapse on Wednesday and the two goals we conceded are both unacceptable. Not getting a stonewalled or missing sitters is irrelevant when the point is the centre halfs are a bombscare.

Absolutely panic merchants. Some of the shite I've read over the last couple of days has been utterly mental.

If we'd got that stonewaller and scored we'd have been 3-2 up and won the game and there'd be nowhere near the reaction there has been.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Absolutely panic merchants. Some of the shite I've read over the last couple of days has been utterly mental.

If we'd got that stonewaller and scored we'd have been 3-2 up and won the game and there'd be nowhere near the reaction there has been.

If my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I would argue the pressure they are under in Europe is completely different than in scotland, same as the tarrier defence, dykes bullied the shit out of their defence yet they top their EL group barely conceding, our defence play well against footballers but hate being roughed up

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If our defence hadnt shat the bed twice we'd be sitting joint top, as it is they shat the bed and we are now two points behind going into a rough run of games

1 hour ago, dee9 said:

It's very simple....if our defence plays like they did at Pittodrie the cup final will be dead and buried before the 60 minute mark. 

I was at most if not all of the 4 and 5 goal carnages in recent times.  Wednesday brought back memories of how pish we were. 

Clearly an understanding of how Rangers set up their defensive mode is required...players do not assidiously follow  a particular 'marked' man all over the pitch when under pressure and allow themselves to be dragged out of position for another opposing forward to exploit.

Just now, doc holliday said:

Clearly an understanding of how Rangers set up their defensive mode is required...players do not assidiously follow  a particular 'marked' man all over the pitch when under pressure and allow themselves to be dragged out of position for another opposing forward to exploit.

I see you haven't answered my Qs.

Nonsense. It wasnt all over the park. If Tav had have left Cosgrove who scored, whilst waiting near the back post for a potential deflection he'd have rightly been slated. It happened too quick to pass him on so rightly he moved inside to block his mans effort. Not his fault at all the ball went to Ojos man whilst he stood with his finger up his arse.

Ojo, Flanagan, Kent all more at fault than Tav. Suppose he's an easy target though, it's just about how to manipulate the situation to find a way to cast blame his direction.

1 hour ago, Bluenose-11 said:

Panic merchants?

We play in the SPFL, do you really expect every goal we concede to be a worldy :lol:

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nonsense. It wasnt all over the park. If Tav had have left Cosgrove who scored, whilst waiting near the back post for a potential deflection he'd have rightly been slated. It happened too quick to pass him on so rightly he moved inside to block his mans effort. Not his fault at all the ball went to Ojos man whilst he stood with his finger up his arse.

Ojo, Flanagan, Kent all more at fault than Tav. Suppose he's an easy target though, it's just about how to manipulate the situation to find a way to cast blame his direction.

Only issue i have with tav is that as a captain he seems unable to cajole an extra 10% or whatever is needed from the players when we arent playing well, you never see him able to raise the roof off the guys, 

I want him tearing guys to shreds if they play as shite as that again, but he looks so meek and timid as a captain 

40 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

Tav was missing for their second goal,he ball watches and moves too central allowing far too much freedom where he should have been for their tap in.This has happened far too often,defensively he is too weak.

Nut, Tav tucked in like a full back should in that situation. Once again, the failings of the players in MF who are supposed to track runs from deep, either from opposition FBs or MFs getting let off the hook again in favor of giving our captain it tight.

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The best part is there is enough poor play from him defensively to analyze without having to resort to this shite. 

46 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

Tav was missing for their second goal,he ball watches and moves too central allowing far too much freedom where he should have been for their tap in.This has happened far too often,defensively he is too weak.

Kent, Goldson and Aribo all to blame before Tav.

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Quite selective imo Doc

The 1st goal they strolled through. Goldson didnt stop the move but took out the man outside the box which was cynical but right to do. The weak challenges came from Helander, Flanagan even Mcgregor. Tav was clearly avoiding handling it and though I too think he could have adjusted better his involvement was arguably least to blame.

2nd goal is a horrendous team goal to lose but let's consider Tav going missing. Flanagan gives the throw with shite defending. 3 players (Flanagan, Jack?, Kent) are marking 2 sheep, one of who ridiculously gets it in space despite our extra man and crosses. Goldson shite in air, claims something rather than going to ball running away from him. Cosgrove has moved off Tav, who himself goes central with him to block any shot, as I'd expect him to. Helander steps in with a fairly weak challenge and the ball breaks to their scorer.... who was fucking ojos man now unmarked.

As I say, selective in criticism which others seem to escape.

For me the back 4 were all poor, all contributed significantly to the loss, and even the keeper was weak with their 1st. But it was about far more than the poor Tav and Goldson.

Back 4 were poor mate. Honestly think Halliday would’ve been better at left back. That’s saying something. Need better backup to Borna. 

40 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ojo wasn't even on the park for their second goal. That's twice you have mentioned him in reference to the second goal. I know he is shite but....

Kent left his man at the throw in , that's who I blame.

Archived