Gerrard's Post Match Interview

sco22y

He looked totally dejected and basically said you expect our leaders to be more influential. Well, maybe our leaders need a wake up call. No need to mention names here but fuck me do certain players need a big wake up call. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what about his own leadership in terms of game changing decisions/substitutions?  It was clear things needed changed up early in the 2nd half and he did nothing.  

He actually came across initially as being not too dissatisfied with it. Not sure if he’s scared to call them out more forcefully ahead of Sunday but we were lacking in leadership and nous from top to bottom tonight. Sickening and embarrassing.

Just now, GA1972 said:

I want to know wtf he done at half time 

Shouldve been pulling ourselves together after and yet it looked like there hadn’t been any break for us to compose ourselves at all 

I think you’re putting a bit too much emphasis on what a manager says at half time. The blame for tonight lies firmly at our defence tonight. They bottled it. All over the place at the first, fannying about in the corner before the 2nd then putting more effort into claiming a foul than defending the goal. School boy stuff. I’m sure none of that was in his half time chat.

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

I think you’re putting a bit too much emphasis on what a manager says at half time. The blame for tonight lies firmly at our defence tonight. They bottled it. All over the place at the first, fannying about in the corner before the 2nd then putting more effort into claiming a foul than defending the goal. School boy stuff. I’m sure none of that was in his half time chat.

I agree but I thought we’d come out second half to back to playing our game and be calm 

Instead we still look shook and gifted away another goal fast 

He mentioned afterwards that they scored a crucial goal before half time, as if that was some kind of magical reason they were able to gain a point. That should have proved to be a massive spark to ignite a goal fest. Fuck, we should have had cunts in that team fighting amongst themselves for a place in the team on Sunday that has the opportunity to stop them from winning their tenth (fuck!) trophy in a row. Looking ahead to Sunday, if this result doesn't give them the impetus to win, fuck knows if we can last the pace of the league challenge. 

Massive decisions for him to make come the weekend - barring guaranteed changes (such as restoring our left-back who was presumably rested), stick with the same and  hope they buck up their ideas and show a reaction, or switch, making a point by getting rid of said exerperienced players who let us down?

I know my preferences, but I'm also pretty sure that Goldson's the first name on that sheet.

Your back 4 have been an accident waiting to happen for weeks.  At Hamilton and Feyenoord we get our noses in front and your defence need to learn to defend, we got away with it at Hamilton but dropped valuable points in Holland from a winning position and the exact same happened tonight. Fuck up with “managing the game”, this has been coming for weeks with your inability to kick the arses of serial offenders like Tavernier and Goldson.  They are defenders who need to focus on that. 

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

You don't make Tav captain he wants to do everything I like Tav but he's not good enough to be involved in every free kick.

Tav shouldn't be near any free kick, 9 out 10 are piss poor. Same goes for the corners he takes. Tavs assists and goals scored from the spot cover for how poor a player he is, simple as that! Never good enough to captain Rangers football club.

1 minute ago, lewisrfc93 said:

Tav shouldn't be near any free kick, 9 out 10 are piss poor. Same goes for the corners he takes. Tavs assists and goals scored from the spot cover for how poor a player he is, simple as that! Never good enough to captain Rangers football club.

The amount of free kicks he overhits is unreal. 

Hes right but at no time when the camera panned in on him did I see him passing instructions onto the players, demanding reactions. His subs, least said the better.

He sounds similar to us talking about what we see unfold without realising he's the main guy to change it all.

Not been this disappointed in him since his starting 11 and tactics for the scum home game.

10 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Your back 4 have been an accident waiting to happen for weeks.  At Hamilton and Feyenoord we get our noses in front and your defence need to learn to defend, we got away with it at Hamilton but dropped valuable points in Holland from a winning position and the exact same happened tonight. Fuck up with “managing the game”, this has been coming for weeks with your inability to kick the arses of serial offenders like Tavernier and Goldson.  They are defenders who need to focus on that. 

Barasic hasn't done much wrong

Just now, sco22y said:

Kent has a better delivery and so does Davis (albeit his is hit and miss) from set pieces. No idea why Tav gets away with taking them constantly.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Your leader has a name boss. He is called James Tavernier.  At 2-2, Barry Ferguson takes that game by the scruff of the neck, our leader disappears and pops up when there is a free-kick to be had.

He is hellbent on not mentioning whos behind the fuck ups , unlike in the past when Katic got it.........

2 minutes ago, sco22y said:

Hes very inconsistent. However he does put some terrific balls into the box but for the amount of attempts he gets he puts no where near enough decent ones in. He also cant seem to beat a man anymore and seems to turn back on himself and gives the ball away, this puts pressure on goldson at times also.

Archived