Silverware

Vision

I m gutted by tonight's performance a don't want to start singling players out or pointing the finger, a think we let ourselves down by taking our eyes off the prize thinking the job was done at 2-0 and focusing on the cup final.

We took our foot off the gas and paid the penalty.

I'm not conceding fuck all yet but we really need to win this cup on Sunday. I'd accept a scrappy 1-0 and the ball deflecting off Alfie's arse for the win, just to get that cup and for these player's to relish that winning feeling.

Beating the scum will fuck with their heads but it'll also give our players a massive confidence boost as well, we need that " Winners Mentality " we're nearly there, we're not losing a lot of games but we need to turn draws in to wins, that's what really makes you Champions.

Edit....

I don't think we bottled it we'd have went on and added to the goals if the cup final was'nt at the back of our minds.

7 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Nope, not buying it.

Or me. 2 nil up away game, should have used our heads and handled the pressure. 

Totally fucked it. Huge leap to beating the scum on Sunday. Truly hope our manager and players learn from that disaster and play in 5th gear for 90 mins on Sunday. Only hope we have of winning the cup.

Fucking scunnered.

30 minutes ago, Vision said:

I m gutted by tonight's performance a don't want to start singling players out or pointing the finger, a think we let ourselves down by taking our eyes off the prize thinking the job was done at 2-0 and focusing on the cup final.

We took our foot off the gas and paid the penalty.

I'm not conceding fuck all yet but we really need to win this cup on Sunday. I'd accept a scrappy 1-0 and the ball deflecting off Alfie's arse for the win, just to get that cup and for these player's to relish that winning feeling.

Beating the scum will fuck with their heads but it'll also give our players a massive confidence boost as well, we need that " Winners Mentality " we're nearly there, we're not losing a lot of games but we need to turn draws in to wins, that's what really makes you Champions.

Edit....

I don't think we bottled it we'd have went on and added to the goals if the cup final was'nt at the back of our minds.

We bottled it tonight mate. After that first goal we looked a different side. At half time it should have been regroup and back out to finish the job. Instead we couldn't do the basics right and our back line was all over the place. 

We definitely need this cup win at the weekend. After tonight another big setback will do some serious damage. 

That first trophy is so important and getting it will bring huge momentum. We can only hope tonight was a huge kick up the arse. 

11 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Nope, not buying it.

Was surprised when a heard the scums result because a was expecting them to be thrashing Accies but a thought they cunts are in the same predicament thinking about the cup, but then again it's those spawny bastards fluked a result in the end.

Sad to say we all know how pivotal a win at the weekend will be for the remainder of this season, let alone to stop their run.  I’m far from convinced the team see it that way and will be hugely driven with desire to win the cup. One things for sure, the mhanks will be. 

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We bottled it tonight mate. After that first goal we looked a different side. At half time it should have been regroup and back out to finish the job. Instead we couldn't do the basics right and our back line was all over the place. 

We definitely need this cup win at the weekend. After tonight another big setback will do some serious damage. 

That first trophy is so important and getting it will bring huge momentum. We can only hope tonight was a huge kick up the arse. 

There will probably be fans arguing about this all night but the bottom line is if this was a league game with no cup final at the weekend, Gerrard would have started both Barisic and Kamara and the points would have been won.

13 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Their movement will be too much for our defence - we’ll be all over the place 

Sounds as if you are scared of them. Brass neck. 

It is a one off cup match. If our defenders concentrate for 90 minutes instead of 40 we will be in with a good chance.

As bad as tonight was and as angry as I am, the stats show we are very close to them.

Only need a good 90 mins/  bit of luck to win a cup final. 

22 minutes ago, Vision said:

There will probably be fans arguing about this all night but the bottom line is if this was a league game with no cup final at the weekend, Gerrard would have started both Barisic and Kamara and the points would have been won.

Not true. Borna is injured. SG said so. He'd have played or at least been on the bench if not injured.

So he didn't start him because he isn't fit.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Not true. Borna is injured. SG said so. He'd have played or at least been on the bench if not injured.

So he didn't start him because he isn't fit.

I understand that Barisic is not in the squad due to the niggle he has been playing through the last few games causing him bother. Rangers don’t want to risk him ahead of Sunday. Jordan Campbell's tweet.

He definitely would have been playing.

13 minutes ago, Vision said:

I understand that Barisic is not in the squad due to the niggle he has been playing through the last few games causing him bother. Rangers don’t want to risk him ahead of Sunday. Jordan Campbell's tweet.

He definitely would have been playing.

He was taking pain killers to get him through the last few matches. One bad foul to Bora and he could be seriously injured. That's why he wasn't even on the bench mate. A player who relies  on his pace with a slight injury is a lame duck. Every cunt knows that.

We all have our opinions but SG clearly doesn't want him to play yet another game with pain killing injections .  Guy was plagued with injuries last season ffs mate.

We missed him tonight but it clearly wasn't through choice. SH is looking after his player. Which I'd expect any manager to do.

SG mistakes tonight but not playing an injured player wasn't on of them imo.

Tonight showed the difference between our team and the scum; they know how to win when on top and go for it, they have experience of being winners. We have 2 players who have that. Two up and cruising against a very very poor Aberdeen and most of our lot started to stroll about passing sideways, passing back, passing to them because they thought they did not have to do any more.

Winners win and I am afraid that I still cannot see any silverware coming our way for some time until the attitude of our squad changes.

Defence needs sorted but Sunday isn’t the game to do it unfortunately. Hopefully Barisic is back in. 

We need to be on top of them from 00:00 until 93:00 without any let up. We need to be on them every time they get the ball, we can’t let them do they we let them in August or whenever it was.

We need to get the ball and get forward, do what WE are good at and not let them do what they do.

Massive 90 minutes. Come on to fuck Rangers.

7 hours ago, JM1872 said:

Defence needs sorted but Sunday isn’t the game to do it unfortunately. Hopefully Barisic is back in. 

We need to be on top of them from 00:00 until 93:00 without any let up. We need to be on them every time they get the ball, we can’t let them do they we let them in August or whenever it was.

We need to get the ball and get forward, do what WE are good at and not let them do what they do.

Massive 90 minutes. Come on to fuck Rangers.

Massive 93 mins imo

Look I really really want to win on sunday and there wont be a happier guy than maself if we do but the reality is we will enjoy the moment but I cant stress enough how much more important the league is.

Look wednesday night is finished but I cant help feel worried with the manner we threw away a 2 goal lead. We all know points will be dropped but it's the manner we lost them the other night.

A win on sunday is great but after enjoying it 24 hours we need to get right focussed on our game on Thursday and an ever more important league game that follows.

3 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Look I really really want to win on sunday and there wont be a happier guy than maself if we do but the reality is we will enjoy the moment but I cant stress enough how much more important the league is.

Look wednesday night is finished but I cant help feel worried with the manner we threw away a 2 goal lead. We all know points will be dropped but it's the manner we lost them the other night.

A win on sunday is great but after enjoying it 24 hours we need to get right focussed on our game on Thursday and an ever more important league game that follows.

Luke the force is strong in this one

Couldn’t resist

I don’t know mate the league is the be all and end all but the boost we will get from lifting the cup will shake that mental block we seem to have in big pressure games imo

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Luke the force is strong in this one

Couldn’t resist

I don’t know mate the league is the be all and end all but the boost we will get from lifting the cup will shake that mental block we seem to have in big pressure games imo

Look no surrender

Haha

Archived