*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

The RB is taking too much responsibility for our attacking play at times when our actual attacking players aren't doing enough.

But lets not ask why they're not doing enough or demand they do more, lets slaughter the captain.

I'll join in the loony bin then: Why doesn't shagger score more goals. Utter disgrace imo.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

I'd honestly play Tav wide right and Flanagan at right back for this. I'd also be tempted to play Edmundson.  Goldson has been pretty shite for weeks now.

Jesus wept. Now is not the time to experiment bombscare changes like that.

Just now, B1872 said:

Flanagan looked like he was a fucking competition winner on Wednesday night - guy is rotten!

Remember he lashed out with his right foot near the six yard box and it went about 80 feet in the air above the penalty spot.  He was god awful.

11 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

The RB is taking too much responsibility for our attacking play at times when our actual attacking players aren't doing enough.

But lets not ask why they're not doing enough or demand they do more, lets slaughter the captain.

I'll join in the loony bin then: Why doesn't shagger score more goals. Utter disgrace imo.

You don't think we score enough or our attacking players aren't doing enough? Fuck me!

Our defence was a shambles the other night and rightfully deserved criticism. 

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Flanagan looked like he was a fucking competition winner on Wednesday night - guy is rotten!

No surprises I seen us being linked with a left back from Greece the day after 

No way can he get a new deal unless it’s as backup RB he isn’t even as good as Halliday at LB

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You don't think we score enough or our attacking players aren't doing enough? Fuck me!

Our defence was a shambles the other night and rightfully deserved criticism. 

Eh at 2-0 up yeah they weren't doing enough against an Aberdeen side who weren't even trying to engage us. And this could be said about a number of games this season not just this last one.

Its been pointed out ad nauseam since the game that our MF 3 and front 3 went from playing well to struggling to string 3 passes together or is Tav responsible for that as well?

Should Ryan Jacks 3 passes straight to their players in our half be credited to the scape goat? Davis' touch deserting him every time Ferguson came near him? What about Arfield spending 60 minutes hoofing the ball at their corner flag or finding the nearest group of Aberdeen players to stand next to every time we had the ball? That ball bouncing of Morelos near enough every time it came near him or all the falling over? 

Fuck it, its Tav's fault Beaton never gave the penalty as well. Lets just go totally insane because we're near enough there anyway.

I just seen the news about Barisic potentially missing this game.  He.’s been such an important player for us this season. We missed him badly against Aberdeen.  If we go in to Sunday’s game with Flanagan at LB again it’ll be a huge blow.  

Really can't get optimistic at all, for me it's 90% hope 10% expectation.

Only one of their back four from Wed is likely to start and they also have some good attacking options  who didn't feature on Wed.

Our back  four is either going to be the same ☹ or experimental 🤔

I’m concerned about this game - not because we might lose, but because of our collective reaction if we do.

Some folk have already said that if we lose it and drop any more points before the break then the season is over.... (forgetting the rest of the League games and the Scottish cup).

The team is going to need our support if it has any chance of doing 55 this year. Yes, it’ll be gutting to lose the final but there is much more to play for. We’ll need to help pick them up if things go wrong on Sunday. Thursday would be a start 😀

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’m concerned about this game - not because we might lose, but because of our collective reaction if we do.

Some folk have already said that if we lose it and drop any more points before the break then the season is over.... (forgetting the rest of the League games and the Scottish cup).

The team is going to need our supporting it has any chance of doing 55 this year. Yes, it’ll be fitting to lose the final but there is much more to play for.

200w-2.gif

No experiments just play our strongest team possible 

id prefer to see Katic than helander but he’s not been playing so don’t think we should go making changes for this.

davis, jack and kamara in the middle for me 

arfield, morelos and Kent up top

they are just as crap as we are when someone high presses them so we need to go for it 

Archived