*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

Cunts need to take the blue tinted speck off, we battered them? Did we really?
We were the Better of the 2 teams but we were not brilliant, if we were we would have took our chances an won, instead they can say they were shite but took their chance and won 

winning being the only meaningful outcome of any game of football

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

This should be a turning point for us in all honesty. They've been guff for a few games now and although Aberdeen was awful, we battered them today. Let's be fair, Greggs hasn't had a save and the goal is offside. Should have had a 2nd pen imo and was the wrong decision to let Alfie take the 1st. 

It hurts like fuck but if they can't use this as motivation then nothing will ever bring a rise from them. That was as one sided as you will ever see an Old firm. Forster literally won that final. 

Oh and Barker can get to fuck, has one asset and rarely uses it properly. 

But it wont, could've said that about so many results and its never happened

This is nice team, who play nice football but dont have the baws to actually win a game when they need to win.  

It's a team of serial losers (hate quoting sutton but it's true) & I fully expect the taigs to romp to the title again 

Today was a massive turning point for us & if come May we dont win the league then Gerrard should be out the door asap 

No gap going by that,morelos composure posted missing again v them.

Brandon fkn Barker, ojo etc will not win us cups or titles , 5 or 6 out the door in January n regroup. Progress in Europe and stay within 2 points of the tarriers is a must for Gerrard now.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We can debate over the wee details about Buff taking the pen or bringing on the wrong subs. But that team gave everything and we got fucked by an offside goal their only shot on goal all game. 

This 100%

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We can debate over the wee details about Buff taking the pen or bringing on the wrong subs. But that team gave everything and we got fucked by an offside goal their only shot on goal all game. 

OK mate, glorious failure if that makes you happy.  This is the cup.  No one gives a fuck how a team plays, only that they win.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’m gutted mate, but I’m also proud of the way my team fought to the end and showed we are the better team 

No one disagrees with that.  Up until they had a guy sent off we played it perfectly.  After that I thought we got panicky and resorted to firing aimless balls into the box.  We should have stayed calm, shifted the ball around as tired them out on a heavy pitch.

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

We were the Better of the 2 teams but we were not brilliant, if we were we would have took our chances an won, instead they can say they were shite but took their chance and won 

Honestly your a fool 

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Sutton said at the time, there was a hint of offside

For me that means it was definitely offside 

It was the only way they were winning that game

BT ref whoever that is agreed t was offside

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Yeah. We did. 

Screenshot_20191208_171652_uk.co.bbc.android.sportdomestic.jpg

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

But it wont, could've said that about so many results and its never happened

This is nice team, who play nice football but dont have the baws to actually win a game when they need to win.  

It's a team of serial losers (hate quoting sutton but it's true) & I fully expect the taigs to romp to the title again 

Today was a massive turning point for us & if come May we dont win the league then Gerrard should be out the door asap 

Cunts like you are worse than taigs, now you wat gerrard out, have a fucking word with yourself.

15 minutes ago, RobertN said:

Mugged one fucking shot on target they had and it was probably offside

Then fucked our self with the penalty miss no belief after that

“Probably”? WTF

14 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I would hope the papers are honest tomorrow and say we didn’t deserve to lose that.

We were the better team but again great goalkeeping and not being clinical in front of goal cost us.

How the officials missed three players offside is beyond me.

Already talking about ‘continued dominance’ on the telly. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He had a decent game but he gave away a needless free kick which led to their goal.

Easy to say in hindsight though. The goal was still offside though.

9 minutes ago, blueballss said:

Mentally hard to come back from that

Seriously? What I take from that match is we don’t have to be scared of them.

6 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Lose Thursday and the season is genuinely over, could never rely on this team to overturn 2 points in the league either.

@gogzy

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

If that’s all you can take from that game then I feel sorry for you. 

They wont play that badly again.  9 of their team didn't turn up and one of the 2 who did got sent off.  That was a game that had to be won by whatever means possible.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

People need to stop calling our players losers. We lost today because of one player - their goalie

Funny how we come up against world class goalies so often.  The reason we lost is that we didn't take our chances. Morelos managed to have his worst game in a Rangers shirt. How should have score at least one of those, and if not one of the many from open play, he should have done better with the penalty, that was a shite penalty. 

Archived