Sign in to follow this  
wearethepeople1

*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

3 hours ago, RoboBear said:

Really can't get optimistic at all, for me it's 90% hope 10% expectation.

Only one of their back four from Wed is likely to start and they also have some good attacking options  who didn't feature on Wed.

Our back  four is either going to be the same ☹ or experimental 🤔

4C7AE0E6-500B-41AD-BA8B-F36FE251C341.gif

Okay I'm gonna piss everybody off here with "positivity" and "perspective". Wednesday was a shocker but after a couple of days to calm down I don't fear Sunday as much as I did on Wednesday night.

We've all seen Rangers teams in worse shape going into a cup final or just a game against them. I think of us last December when we beat them. We were shite that month and picked up 9 out of 18 points in the 6 before that match including two horrible wins against Hamilton and St Johnstone. We beat them comprehensively that day.

I remember the month before the league cup final in 2011. We lost 3-0 to them at parkhead and everything seemed to be getting away from us but we won the cup. The two games before we struggled to beat St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

There's probably a handful of other examples of us being in shit form before beating them (back to back wins in autumn 2004) or being in a worse place (beating them in a semi while being a championship side). Both sides with no great mentality at that point (talking about the 04/05 side).

There are a lot of questions about this side like every other Rangers team probably ever after a bad result. There are issues with our side but there is only two points between us and if we're bad they can't be much better. Somebody tell me because I don't watch them?

In the last 10 league games we've pick up more points, scored more goals and conceded less. In Europe celtic have done well to already qualify but it doesn't mean our European results are any worse considering we need a point at home where we have yet to lose in Europe under our manager.

Of course we can fucking win this😁

49 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Borna looked fine in the training video. A lot of players MIA at training by the looks of it - Goldson, Davis, Morelos, Defoe, Aribo. Must all be in phisio.

Was all the players in the video the ones that weren’t involved from the start on Wed ? Looks like the rest were kept out of that session 

1 hour ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

I really hope Davis is fit to play but if he isn't I wouldn't be surprised. That tackle from Cosgrove in the 1st minute was a red card  all day long, horrendous tackle

He will be ok mate😉

Just listening to H&H preview. It mentions Halliday smashing into a tackle early in a previous match. Got me thinking. I can’t think of anyone other than possibly Jack who would do that in the current first team. I’m not saying we shirk tackles, but do we have someone to lay that early marker?