*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

We can look at this 2 ways, the pessimistic way, “serial losers” or that we were incredibly unlucky. The abuse tav is getting for not taking the penalty is mental imo and calling for the manager to get to fuck is out of order. 

The better team lost

Keep seeing this 

We manage to turn dominance into defeat and disappointment time and again 

At what point does that stop being down to luck?

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Always sore mate to get beat by that shower of scum. But we showed them we are here for the fight for 55 and those cunts know it. 

Fucking officiating though. Yes, those cunts know they were pummelled by us. They will not relish it at the end of the month. 

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We were fucking warriors all over the pitch, won near enough every individual battle bar the subs and had Morelos stuck away even half his chances it would have been a mauling.

Nobody’s looking back in 10 years time and saying “remember the warriors we had when we lost that cup final to a 10 man celtic side”

Can't really fault the team they left it out on the park and they got a dodgy offside goal and we were denied a stone wall penalty. 

3 Tim's offside for their goal sickening but not the end of the season still alot of Football to be played. But ref has cost us big time there goal changed the game and should never have counted. 

Absolutely shocking and the club will stay silent bridge building what's that now 3 penalties in 7days, can you imagine what the reaction would be if it had been the tarriers, until this gets sorted we will win fuck all. 

I thought we played magnificently.

We got beat by an offside goal, but Goldson commits a stupid foul as Edouard is going nowhere.

Why did barasic not take more set pieces? 

Their keeper was unbelievable and Morelos should have scored 5.

We bossed them in every department.

They had all the luck with them

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

After that I thought we simply ran out of steam a bit. But we never gave up kept fighting.

Never  been prouder in defeat 

11 men can't run out of steam more than a team with 10 men, surely.  I just think we got a bit desperate and started firing in aimless balls after they went down to 10.  Barisic for example, sent a couple straight over the box and out for a throw in.  That's the time for cool heads, just drag their 9 outfield players all over the pitch.  They had a centre back at right back and a midfielder at centre back for the last 30 minutes.  We did much better in the first half, we blew the last 30 minutes in my view.

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Keep seeing this 

We manage to turn dominance into defeat and disappointment time and again 

At what point does that stop being down to luck?

Mate the scum keeper pulled off a few cracking saves and they scored an offside goal, it was unlucky in ma eyes. I understand that this can’t keep happening but I’m just trying to keep optimistic man

14 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'm not believing the possession stats there. They never had 50% of the ball. NEVER!!!!

They were probably classed as being in possession during all the stoppages they were rolling about "injured", given that was about 20 mins worth it's probably right.

Absolutely dumbfounded how we never won that match. Enough chances to win two matches. I think (without scoring) that’s the best we have played against them in the past 8 years so need to take some positives. We are seriously lacking winners / strong characters in our team. We need someone that will grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drag the game over the line. Heads total goosed never seen a game like that in my 36 years where we have dominated for so Lomé but failed to win the game. All these comments about “it’s a diddy cup etc”  are so wrong this was the chance to put down a real marker and say we are back. We must now recover and get ready for or now most important game of the season to make sure we get into the last 32. We can’t let this derail our season and must roll up the sleeves and see the next game out. 

7 minutes ago, Govan dynamo said:

Barker was brutal and Defoe upset the balance of team, didn't look like scoring after that.

We have never looked good with Alfie and Jermaine on at the same time.

Strachan saying the offside goal didn’t matter, we failed to score. Ummmm,  celtic didn’t score either then, but were given a goal they shouldn’t have got.

7 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

We can look at this 2 ways, the pessimistic way, “serial losers” or that we were incredibly unlucky. The abuse tav is getting for not taking the penalty is mental imo and calling for the manager to get to fuck is out of order. 

The better team lost

Tavernier is the recognised penalty taker and the captain, it was his responsibilty to step forward and take the penalty, he passed that responsibilty up, which shows, imo that he is never a Rangers captain.

Archived