*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

His subs were totally wrong. Barker only has pace but they'd dropped deep to defend their half so there was no space for any pace to run in behind. Stewart was the decision there for tricky feet. 

I'll agree there. His subs seem to be a weakness constantly. I'd have had Stewart on as well. Even Ojo ahead of Barker. Basically levelled it up. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Bit in bold the only fucking relevant word in your post.

I’m as miffed as you about that but that’s three players there allowed to ghost in unchallenged with a tap in available to whoever the ball gets to 

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That was what you can only call cheating ffs, how any linesman could not see that is unbelievable. 

Totally agree still can't believe that the goal was given. Colum is a cheat plain and simple and should be hounded out the game. Absolute Disgrace. 

10 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

I can't blame Gerrard today. It wasn't a mental block or being losers. We have to prove ourselves still but you're gonna win more comps than you lose playing like that. 

It's a tough one to take but lucky for us we play them again soon and that's as big a game as I can think of in recent memory. 

He's got to pick this lot up, gonna be ridiculously difficult to do but I thought we were 1 goal away from being near perfect today. 

I think he got a sub wrong today.

Barker was useless. Chasing a goal stewart would have been the better option. 

That aside he got the tactics right. Just facing a keeper that had the game of his life. 

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

When Kamara came off they got more control of the game and came into it, Barker was an equally poor choice and offered nothing Greg Stewart would have been a better option.

We had chances after the substitution and they had none. Not buying that at all. 

If I’m honest I was worried about today. I thought the filth might be right up for it and perhaps give us a doing.

That didn’t happen. Yes, they won (thanks to their ‘goal’) but I see signs that they are afraid of us, and we can take points off them if we can just find the net. 

Not a great day for Alfie. I didn’t look at the penalty, I Looked away, as I had the feeling he would miss. Sadly the linesman and ref did too, as they didn’t spot lurch well off his line.

Anyway, I hate getting beat, but there are positives to be taken from this, as well as lessons that need to be learned: For example, don’t fire in aimless crosses Tavernier.

1 minute ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I don't believe that.  

I hope he does, next game at their dump is another huge test, where he blew it last time, and their fans will be giving him dogs.

hopefully he can step up and get the goal/s we all want him to get for us, the team and himself.

Can't fault the players they were committed to every tackle and high ball. Game should be dead at halftime but their keeper was inspired. Losing Davis was a massive blow and Aribo at times looked a bit lost. Today we had zero luck on our side. Looking at the squad we looked a bit lite on the bench today. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

We had chances after the substitution and they had none. Not buying that at all. 

It was easy to see McGregor Brown and Christie started to come onto a game and they were non existent when Kamara and Jack were up against them.

30 minutes against 10 men and we did fuck all. Can't see us dominating them like that often. We just don't have the quality up front or the mentality to win trophies right now. Alfie bottles it against them every fuckin time. Spend 15M on a striker in January and we could change the course of the year. 

We were the better team today, but they could easily have killed it at 2 nil. That was the clearest chance of the entire game. Yet if we had a genuine quality striker we go in 2 nil up at HT. 

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I’m as miffed as you about that but that’s three players there allowed to ghost in unchallenged with a tap in available to whoever the ball gets to 

It's offside mate, the rest honestly doesn't matter.

You play a line if and if someone gets a run on you from an onside position then you're open to criticism. If not then no cunt can say a word.

2 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Can't fault the players they were committed to every tackle and high ball. Game should be dead at halftime but their keeper was inspired. Losing Davis was a massive blow and Aribo at times looked a bit lost. Today we had zero luck on our side. Looking at the squad we looked a bit lite on the bench today. 

I think Jack or Davis play better went it's one or the other now.

26 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Should’ve won but what chance ye got against that lol. Playing against the officials

1217DA01-013A-4483-B491-728C1C2E3007.jpeg

VAR should be used in finals and finals only.. Hopefully it would make the officials up here a little better, just won’t hold my breath on that.

Just now, Smile said:

It was easy to see McGregor Brown and Christie started to come onto a game and they were non existent when Kamara and Jack were up against them.

They never came into the game though, they done absolutely fuck all in the 90 mins. Their best chance apart from the offside goal was a through ball from Eduard. Nonsense talk.  

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

If I’m honest I was worried about today. I thought the filth might be right up for it and perhaps give us a doing.

That didn’t happen. Yes, they won (thanks to their ‘goal’) but I see signs that they are afraid of us, and we can take points off them if we can just find the net. 

Not a great day for Alfie. I didn’t look at the penalty, I Looked away, as I had the feeling he would miss. Sadly the linesman and ref did too, as they didn’t spot lurch well off his line.

Anyway, I hate getting beat, but there are positives to be taken from this, as well as lessons that need to be learned: For example, don’t fire in aimless crosses Tavernier.

Fuck off man he put in about half a dozen unbelievable balls begging for someone to get on the end of

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's offside mate, the rest honestly doesn't matter.

You play a line if and if someone gets a run on you from an onside position then you're open to criticism. If not then no cunt can say a word.

Their goal today was a joke but free kicks from that position swung across the face always have us in absolute peril, really need to look at how we are defending them 

14 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Offside aside the defending from that free kick is criminal 

Three players goal side at a set piece that’s guaranteed to be aimed across the face of goal 

Defences keep their line, they did impeccably, they did their job. The lino didn't do his 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

VAR my friend. Neanderthal Scotland will be the last country to introduce it.

I totally agree but if its someone like the BT Ref then we would still get cheated. 

This can't be allowed to continue 2 decisions in a week which are season defining, I'm normally the one saying we should have done more in the game to win it but if the ref  is a cheat what can we do. 

He has done his team a solid today the cheated them to a final win he will get a standing ovation next time he turns up at work the cheating fenian bastard. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fuck off man he put in about half a dozen unbelievable balls begging for someone to get on the end of

We have a different definition of a good cross it seems, or we are talking about different incidents,  but that’s ok. Opinions etc.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

They never came into the game though, they done absolutely fuck all in the 90 mins. Their best chance apart from the offside goal was a through ball from Eduard. Nonsense talk.  

You see the game differently you probably also thought the subs were good but your wrong.

9 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

Gerrard beat them last season, are people forgetting that?

It is particularly hard to take. If their goal had been correctly ruled offside and Alfie had scored the penalty it would have been talked about for years as a completely one-sided final. Really fine margins. The filth won the lottery today.

Archived