*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

1. Alfie wins pen

2. Alfie has 2 pens not given. That wud be 3 pens won

3. Their goal is offside. Not one but 3 players. Offside when ball was kicked never a Rangers player behind them. 

4. Foster off line for pen.  

5. Alfie has like 9 decent shots.  

People on here focus on pen miss.  

We were all over them. If we play like that every week and they play like that then we will win league.  

I cannot ever remember a celtic team having zero shots on target. I don’t include offside shots.

With VAR we win by 3 or 4. 

With a slice of luck we win by 3 or 4.  

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Old No7. said:

VAR should be used in finals and finals only.. Hopefully it would make the officials up here a little better, just won’t hold my breath on that.

I totally agree. The SFA should stretch their budget and hire a VAR team for the league final after today.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

We have a different definition of a good cross it seems, or we are talking about different incidents,  but that’s ok. Opinions etc.

No idea what you were watching mate, vast majority either ended in a corner or a chance like Morelos' that went across the goal line.

Tav was pretty much impeccable today bar his shot from the edge of the box. No cunt went by him defensively and he played on the front foot.

Just now, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

1. Alfie wins pen

3. Their goal is offside. Not one but 3 players. Offside when ball was kicked never a Rangers player behind them. 

We were all over them. If we play like that every week and they play like that then we will win league.  

I cannot ever remember a celtic team having zero shots on target. I don’t include offside shots.

We are fuckin great at ifs and buts , shame we bottle every huge game that comes along..........

1 minute ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

1. Alfie wins pen

Sadly, you make your own luck in football with a sheer will to get over the line. They have it, we don't. 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

We are fuckin great at ifs and buts , shame we bottle every huge game that comes along..........

100% it’s always ‘on another day’ ‘we were so unlucky’ ‘aye but if this happened’

Why is it never just win and fucking celebrate

I am sick to death of watching those mutants celebrate and be lauded like they’re the team who invented football 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

No idea what you were watching mate, vast majority either ended in a corner or a chance like Morelos' that went across the goal line.

Tav was pretty much impeccable today bar his shot from the edge of the box. No cunt went by him defensively and he played on the front foot.

I though he had a good game, but played a lot of desperate crosses rather than playing to feet or driving into the box. 

42 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Should’ve won but what chance ye got against that lol. Playing against the officials

1217DA01-013A-4483-B491-728C1C2E3007.jpeg

This is 100%   the reason we  lost today   forget  the  rest   a cheating cunt  of an assistant ref   he had  a  clear  view  of it  

Just now, dummiesoot said:

Porto? Legia warsaw? Feyenoord? As usual you are talking pish

We fucked up in a few of them too,  thats why we are struggling to get through on thursday dafty.

We are gutless pish with a weak manager , some of the excuses on here tonight are a fuckin joke. We have a squad of losers who are never going to win anything.......

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

In what way did we bottle that? Seriously. You seem to be suggesting that us facing a goalie on excellent form and a referring team that misses at least 1 penalty to be ‘bottling’ it.

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Sadly, you make your own luck in football with a sheer will to get over the line. They have it, we don't. 

I know what you are saying but their ‘sheer will’ didn’t cause a linesman to get it badly wrong.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

In what way did we bottle that? Seriously. You seem to be suggesting that us facing a goalie on excellent form and a referring team that misses at least 1 penalty to be ‘bottling’ it.

I know what you are saying but their ‘sheer will’ didn’t cause a linesman to get it badly wrong.

He made one good save and saved a weak penalty 

The rest were bad finishing and saves you’d be disappointed if a keeper didn’t make 

15 minutes ago, Old No7. said:

VAR should be used in finals and finals only.. Hopefully it would make the officials up here a little better, just won’t hold my breath on that.

SFA will not use it until forced too. As it will only highlight how inept our officials are. 

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

You see the game differently you probably also thought the subs were good but your wrong.

They aren’t the subs I would’ve made but it made no real difference to the game. We still had chances to win the game after the subs were made. 

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

And i get what you're saying but within mins we had a penalty and they went down to 10, we don't take our chances and that's got fuck all to do with luck. If you're hitting your first penalty in a cup final then stop all the pissy side foot shite, you put your foot through it and down the middle as their goalie dives to whatever corner. 

Really hard to take, dominant all over the park, McGregor had nothing too do the entire game. 

No excuses for missing the penalty, that goes in and we go on and win the game.

As for the dhims they were there for the taking, how they have won today reminds me of what we used to do to them in the 90'.

12 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We fucked up in a few of them too,  thats why we are struggling to get through on thursday dafty.

We are gutless pish with a weak manager , some of the excuses on here tonight are a fuckin joke. We have a squad of losers who are never going to win anything.......

I’m almost lost for words at your post. We played EXACTLY the way folk wanted before the game.

Actually I won’t bother pointing out why your post is incorrect because nothing I say will change your mind.

8 minutes ago, Don54 said:

This is 100%   the reason we  lost today   forget  the  rest   a cheating cunt  of an assistant ref   he had  a  clear  view  of it  

Off the back of this decision, could our club request VAR for future finals we play in? Serious question.

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

He made one good save and saved a weak penalty 

The rest were bad finishing and saves you’d be disappointed if a keeper didn’t make 

The point still applies - how does that mean we bottled it? Alfie not scoring means we bottled it? Bizarre.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

They aren’t the subs I would’ve made but it made no real difference to the game. We still had chances to win the game after the subs were made. 

Fair enough we disagree we move on.

Archived