*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Watched the game back .God we were unlucky today..Think my emotions got the better of me.We actually played a lot better than I thought at the game 

Sounds like you could’ve been the mad steamin’ cunt near me today...Guy was clearly too pished to remember anything at the game.

22 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye we shoulda mate but that two awd decisions in 4 days 

Fucking gutted bro honestly feel sick to my stomach we shouldn’t have scudded them cunts something rotten

no excuses in the league now there’s nothing in it we can definitely go toe to toe with them they know fine well they got lucky today 

Ok I've stayed away from there after today to avoid the negativity and the usual knee jerk stuff. 

We were excellent today. Alfie was excellent today. Lurch had a worldie today. We should have had a pen and their goal was offside. Honestly, I'm disappointed in the result but we outplayed them and it was one of those days where fate seems to conspire against you.  

If came away thinking we are better than them. We can win the league. And see if we do, nobody will care about today, not even them. 

Keep the faith, Gerrard has us on the cusp of overthrowing them. 

29 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Watched the game back .God we were unlucky today..Think my emotions got the better of me.We actually played a lot better than I thought at the game 

We didn’t play anywhere near as badly as people on here are trying to make out. I would go as far as to say that until the missed penalty we were outstanding and it was only a other worldly performance from their keeper that kept them in the game. Forster won them that game almost single handedly. The rest of their players barely laid a glove on us. That’s why it’s so frustrating and why it hurts so much.

43 minutes ago, Bluenose-11 said:

You said keeper was 4 yards off his line haha. Just say he was off his line, making up blatant lies to justify our loss is tarrier behaviour bud

M8 it's called exaggeration to emphasise the point, people always say "he was offside a mile" etc etc... @Rfc52 is only pointing out that on both occasions the margins are great enough to be spotted by the officals 

13 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Ok I've stayed away from there after today to avoid the negativity and the usual knee jerk stuff. 

We were excellent today. Alfie was excellent today. Lurch had a worldie today. We should have had a pen and their goal was offside. Honestly, I'm disappointed in the result but we outplayed them and it was one of those days where fate seems to conspire against you.  

If came away thinking we are better than them. We can win the league. And see if we do, nobody will care about today, not even them. 

Keep the faith, Gerrard has us on the cusp of overthrowing them. 

Good post, today was hard to take for us all but on cool reflection playing like that would have had us winning that game 99% of the time.
Don’t think I’ve seen a more 1 sided game where the better team went on to loose (unjustly) as it turns out. That’s even with some of our players not hitting their ‘A’ game (Kent in particular)
Been a lot on the forum earlier re their winning mentality, I didn’t see any winning mentality from them, the reality is they were outplayed all over the park and only won with their one shot on target that was blatantly offside.

I feel confident we can achieve this intensity of play again at the end of the month and if so we aren’t playing another time like that and not scoring. Dust ourselves down and push on for the main prize, 55.....

9 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

I know we can't afford VAR for every daft league game every week, but we should look at having it in place for some games. Cup finals, maybe semi-finals too.

Maybe league OFs too although we'd probably have to come to some agreement with that mob about funding it.

Something I don’t understand which someone will need to clarify for me if they know the answer...

The match was live on BT Sport today, so for games that are live on TV (such as todays), why can’t referees just consult a television match official at flashpoints to make sure calls are made correctly?

In theory, surely it should be easy to use a broadcaster’s images since they have the pictures anyway? It’s not like independent cameras would need to be set up if the match is already televised.

Long story short, we need some kind of referee consultation system in Scottish Football, as most officials can’t be trusted to get the potentially game-changing calls right.

1 hour ago, Bluenose-11 said:

I actually agree we didn’t “deserve” it but it happened and we allowed it to happen. I honestly think this could leave lasting damage, what must the players be thinking that we dominated them and once again they got the better of us?  

They’ve had us on strings for years and today is the day it should have ended.

1 hour ago, Bluenose-11 said:

I’ve just seen another angle of their goal and Helander is playing him on. Find another lie to justify our loss or you could always try and look at our shortcomings for our loss instead of trying to blame the officials like a pape?

Jesus fucking wept. Lasting damage?

And in amongst all that you claim their goal was actually onside?

Where is that suspicious dog gif when I need it?

9 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Jesus fucking wept. Lasting damage?

And in amongst all that you claim their goal was actually onside?

Where is that suspicious dog gif when I need it?

When you find it send it to kingkai-johannsen.....another suspicious one who has claimed if we play like we did today again we will never win a game....clearly another that believes we will never score another fucking goal aslong as we live.

For all the hurt at losing the positives are there that we should have won it by the country mile.  We were easily the better team and were very unlucky to lose the game. It doesn't feel like it just now but the future is a lot brighter than it was a few years ago. We were well and truly robbed yesterday and on another day would have won very cosily indeed.

21 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Something I don’t understand which someone will need to clarify for me if they know the answer...

The match was live on BT Sport today, so for games that are live on TV (such as todays), why can’t referees just consult a television match official at flashpoints to make sure calls are made correctly?

In theory, surely it should be easy use a broadcaster’s images since they have the pictures anyway? It’s not like some sort of independent cameras would need to be set up if the match is already televised.

Long story short, we need some kind of referee consultation system in Scottish Football, as most officials can’t be trusted to get the potentially game-changing calls right.

You're spot on mate but I think the reason would be 'impartiality'.

It has to be a couple of other people who are employed by the football authorities who are helping the ref, otherwise you could get all sorts of shite about what sort of angles and all that were being shown by the TV company to the ref at the time. 

Just watched the highlights there on Rangers tv. I can’t fault our players as the better team lost, some of those misses/saves are heart breaking!

For me it just simply wasn’t our day, we could still be out there and not score imo.

Hopefully Thursday will be a good night for us and then we can turn our attention to the league again.

Lets get behind our players and management and set ourselves up to go top of the league with a win at the piggery.... it’s only a matter of time imo, their luck won’t last forever! 

WATP🇬🇧👊🏻

2 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

In theory, surely it should be easy use a broadcaster’s images since they have the pictures anyway? It’s not like some sort of independent cameras would need to be set up if the match is already televised.

could also have a feed to a three man refs panel selected by the SFA -- similar to the NFL who could provide feedback to the ref 

Barely slept a wink all night. Still shellshocked and stunned that we didn’t win yesterday. Pretty sure the tarriers will be feeling the same and considering themselves extremely lucky to have won.

Bizarre game of football. Hope I don’t have to sit through a game against them like it again in my life. Our time will come though...we fans deserve it more than anybody. 

1 hour ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Barely slept a wink all night. Still shellshocked and stunned that we didn’t win yesterday. Pretty sure the tarriers will be feeling the same and considering themselves extremely lucky to have won.

Bizarre game of football. Hope I don’t have to sit through a game against them like it again in my life. Our time will come though...we fans deserve it more than anybody. 

Even when they scored .You could see it was more relief in their celebrations .Rather than the usual bedlam 

It was simply grand larceny in football terms .We were robbed 

35 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Some of the threads last night ffs...

Cunts wanting Gerrard sacked, threads blaming David Murray for the game yesterday, talking about smashing players windows and how we're apparently a "Shitebag support" 

tenor.gif

Sell Morelos in January whilst we can still cash in, Gerrards a liar about penalty kick taker, and their goal was onside.

All crackers to be added to your list. 

Archived