*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Manchester derby just now and it seems clear that wanting it badly is key, that desire to get to every ball first and win these 50-50s. If Davis is out that is a big knock but if we have the desire I think we'll win it. At times like this I wish we did have a Gough or a Butcher to drive the guys on

1 minute ago, livibear101 said:

If Davis is out then I fear we will struggle in midfield 

Jack is great 

kamara decent but can get caught out often 

arfield or aribo both go missing in games which we can’t afford 

I agree really concerned about the midfield tomorrow now.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aribo or Ojo at right wing then.

Or will he throw the Barker curveball.

If he's fit, possibly fit to give us 60 minutes, I would seriously consider Jones. He seems naturally fit and the occasion should see him push through.

If not, I think it will be

Arfield Jack Kamara

Aribo Morelos Kent

Barker/Ojo are obviously other options

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aribo or Ojo at right wing then.

Or will he throw the Barker curveball.

Either them start and we are truly fucked before a baw is kicked. Even Kamara is lightweight despite being smart in possession, Kamara has not been half the player that finished the end of last season... no snarling into 50 50s or winning on the high press.

Just now, falkirkNS said:

Either them start and we are truly fucked before a baw is kicked. Even Kamara is lightweight despite being smart in possession, Kamara has not been half the player that finished the end of last season... no snarling into 50 50s or winning on the high press.

I don’t think’s fair. He had a very slow start to the season but has been very good for the last six weeks or so.

The fact that Ojo's even in contention upsets me - one of our most important matches in ages, potentially giving us our first meaningful silverware in some time, and we're looking at a loan player who doesn't seem willing to put in the effort on the pitch and apparently lacks the footballing brain to pass when he could unlock a defense at that point.

Even as a sub to kill time, the idea of him getting a winner's medal ahead of some of the others is pretty depressing (tempered only by the fact that him getting a winner's medal means that we've won...)

Archived