*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

2 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Make no mistake about it. This game potentially could define our season. Lose today and we may not recover Psychologically. I fear if this becomes a battle then we have no one in our team who will roll up their sleeves and drag the team to victory. Boys will have to dig deep and find that something extra to win today. Right now I'd take a fuckin 1-0 win even if it meant extra time. 

Guys like Jack, Arfield, McGregor and Davis  (if fit) need to lead by example today. Relentless energy and aggression 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kent will be a major factor in the game today. They are shit scared of him and Morelos and if Barisic continues his good form I suspect our left wing is where our goals will come from.

If the players play as well as they can then I think we will win but we need to be on form and in their dirty mhanky faces from the first whistle to the last

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Kent will be a major factor in the game today. They are shit scared of him and Morelos and if Barisic continues his good form I suspect our left wing is where our goals will come from.

If the players play as well as they can then I think we will win but we need to be on form and in their dirty mhanky faces from the first whistle to the last

100%. The silence from them when they’d spent a whole summer saying he wouldn’t be signing said it all.

They look petrified when he runs at them

Just now, Cooper07 said:

I've heard this morning that Davis is out. Morgan is up front and Edouard on the bench. Not sure how reliable.

If Davis is out this is a massive loss for us.  Cosgrove went over the ball with his studs and never even got booked.

8 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Make no mistake about it. This game potentially could define our season. Lose today and we may not recover Psychologically. I fear if this becomes a battle then we have no one in our team who will roll up their sleeves and drag the team to victory. Boys will have to dig deep and find that something extra to win today. Right now I'd take a fuckin 1-0 win even if it meant extra time. 

We have to win something. The longer it goes the harder it’s going to get. Lose today and it is a huge setback 

2 minutes ago, Cooper07 said:

I've heard this morning that Davis is out. Morgan is up front and Edouard on the bench. Not sure how reliable.

It sounds like bullshit to me, maybe leaking misinformation to try and catch us out. 

I'm sure it will not effect Gerrard's preparations one bit.

1 minute ago, IpswichGer said:

Deliberately not watching it until 2pm onwards for that reason or I will have been on the beer from 9am and I have work tomorrow! 😂

You've probably got the right idea, I've tried playing my PS4, and watching something else. Nothing's working, so fuck it.

The weather today 🤔

Two things stand out for me .It reminds me of the night of the Scottish cup semi 1992 final .Pissing of rain and windy as fuck .One of the best nights of my life 

the other thing .This kind of weather means there will be a high chance of a goal scored off a mistake in defence .With team breaking very quickly 

It is vital we don’t play careless passes in front of the 18 yard line 

Archived