Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

Beaton apologies for denying us a penalty

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Fucking disgrace really.

People can argue we shouldn’t have to rely on decisions and that’s fair enough, but when basic decisions aren’t being made by the main official two yards away from the incident we’re as well to pack it in.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in thread but our captain was hit by a banana tonight in what is nothing more than a racist attack. Expect fuck all, but it’s a fucking disgrace that 4 weeks away from 2020, people are still subject to this shite.

Spot on mate.  It’s part of our mentality, an admirable characteristic to look at ourselves when we come up short however I will never ever understand the mentality of ‘not the refs fault’ mentality. celtic are either playing 10 men or get a penalty last night (btw I never caught the replay but though Aribo won a pen 1st half too). 

Of course it matters. I don’t believe refs set out to cheat us however I think even when presented with easy calls there’s a small part of them wondering what if I’ve got it wrong’. Beaton a poor ref at the best of times cannot ref us with a clear mind as he once had the audacity to ref a game when we beat celtic. 

Then again I do wonder about our luck in general, add in the stone wall pens v Hamilton, Young Boys and Feyenoord it’s a fucking head scratcher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lewisrfc93 said:

Look it was a penalty, but beaton didnt throw away a 2 goal lead. We can only blame ourselves tonight. 

Spot on,  no pun intended,  it was just inside the box but without var it was a tough call to make in real time. we threw it away. 

lewisrfc93 and chris182 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant fathom those with the "not the refs fault we dropped point" outlook

It absolutely was. We should have been playing 10 men before half time (really from his first tackle) and then he misses a stonewall penalty when he's the closest person to the incident on the pitch

There's absolutely nothing between us and them and that performance by Beaton could cost us the league.

Thats why putting maximum pressure on every ref serves the tarriers so well

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Cant fathom those with the "not the refs fault we dropped point" outlook

It absolutely was. We should have been playing 10 men before half time (really from his first tackle) and then he misses a stonewall penalty when he's the closest person to the incident on the pitch

There's absolutely nothing between us and them and that performance by Beaton could cost us the league.

Thats why putting maximum pressure on every ref serves the tarriers so well

 

It can be argued that we should have battered them silly ,and making the refs bad calls irrelevant ,as has happened on a few occasions already ,

But your right the refs poor show cost us the match just as much as the mistakes we made ourselves ,in the first half hour or so Aberdeen were completely outclassed and deserved beat heavily ,only heavy late challenges and the ref letting them away with it allowed them back in the game 

Blumhoilann likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

The last Ref that had to apologise to Scum FC was hounded out of the game. 

We rise above it though mate , our club describes it as that , our support see it as rightly so , constantly shitting the bed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sket said:

You don't know what the fuck it was but jump in straight away and try to make it into a big race scandal by saying it's a banana.

He said it was a pie because it looks like a fucking pie. 

To be fair mate it doesn't look like a pie in that other thread :lol:

Bad Robot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sket said:

You don't know what the fuck it was but jump in straight away and try to make it into a big race scandal by saying it's a banana.

He said it was a pie because it looks like a fucking pie. 

Thanks for the back up xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

To be fair mate it doesn't look like a pie in that other thread :lol:

It looks more like a pie than a banana,and it's a million times more likely to be a pie than a banana.

If there were to be any proof that were to confirm it was a banana then fair enough,I doubt there will be though because it's most likely a pie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Never showed on tv and probably wont be in the papers tomorrow either......

You did see him getting hit with stuff when taking a throw in but not one mention of it from the commentary team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a horrendous error however chants of your just a H** wae a whistle all night wouldn't of been helpful and the fact the last time he was the ref in a major game with us he required 24hr security for a few weeks.

All that shouldn't matter but imo it played a part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It was a horrendous error however chants of your just a H** wae a whistle all night wouldn't of been helpful and the fact the last time he was the ref in a major game with us he required 24hr security for a few weeks.

All that shouldn't matter but imo it played a part

Self preservation shite bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1690tamRFC said:

You did see him getting hit with stuff when taking a throw in but not one mention of it from the commentary team. 

If that was any of us doing that it would have been the headline story everywhere and kept going till we received a punishment.........

1690tamRFC likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...