I hate saying this but Sunday for me

RFC55

If Sunday goes wrong I feel our season will go off the rails, it's on a knife edge. 

By end of Motherwell away in a week's time we could be 1 cup down, out the europa and out a title race  yes I know it can go the other way but them scoring a 91st min winner the night feels like a dig in the gut. 

If Sunday goes wrong I can see a huge wobble from us. 

I've been sent some tweets asking was scraping by Hamilton a better win than our draw tonight in terms of tonight's games. 

Ffs when has 3 points never been better than one? Especially the manner of tonight. 

I'm not a defeatist and we have Sunday well within us but we also have moments like tonight in us. 

I really want stevie to succeed but nothing this season is another failure and as a famous captain once said second is nothing 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's genuinely make or break, and I have no qualms with any of our fans thinking we'll fuck up following that result. 

We just don't have the mentality, even if we go 2-0 up on Sunday we'll still be panicking and they'll still be believing. 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

If Sunday goes wrong I feel our season will go off the rails, it's on a knife edge. 

By end of Motherwell away in a week's time we could be 1 cup down, out the europa and out a title race  yes I know it can go the other way but them scoring a 91st min winner the night feels like a dig in the gut

I've been sent some tweets asking was scraping by Hamilton a better win than our draw tonight in terms of tonight's games. 

Ffs when has 3 points never been better than one? Especially the manner of tonight. 

I'm not a defeatist and we have Sunday well within us but we also have moments like tonight in us. 

I really want stevie to succeed but nothing this season is another failure and as a famous captain once said second is nothing 

These can be big turning points in a season. By the same token though I think us winning the cup on Sunday could tip it the other way

Just now, ben51 said:

It's genuinely make or break, and I have no qualms with any of our fans thinking we'll fuck up following that result. 

We just don't have the mentality, even if we go 2-0 up on Sunday we'll still be panicking and they'll still be believing. 

Mate I believe we are better than young boys and Motherwell, but we used to watch Walters teams kill cetlic spirits with late goals on games they'd be drawing and we'd be under cosh v Inverness and win 2 1 while they got a draw. 

Sometimes the worst defeats don't involve you and tonight feels that way especially with a last min Hamilton equaliser. 

I don't know if we can drop points tonight, lose on Sunday then raise it to win Thursday Sunday. 

I love stevie but I do worry 

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

These can be big turning points in a season. By the same token though I think us winning the cup on Sunday could tip it the other way

Naw defo mate but at 2 2 tonight we looked lost when we really should have kept going the same way we were first half tonight. And we didn't we panicked 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate I believe we are better than young boys and Motherwell, but we used to watch Walters teams kill cetlic spirits with late goals on games they'd be drawing and we'd be under cosh v Inverness and win 2 1 while they got a draw. 

Sometimes the worst defeats don't involve you and tonight feels that way especially with a last min Hamilton equaliser. 

I don't know if we can drop points tonight, lose on Sunday then raise it to win Thursday Sunday. 

I love stevie but I do worry 

Anger is subsiding and realism is sinking in for me.

The gap in terms of quality of player has certainly closed, but the gap in mentality is just as wide.

To close that would cost twice as much as we've already spent. I'm absolutely scunnered. 

Hurting tonight but this will be put on the back burners come Sunday afternoon! I get what you’re saying, and you’re right 3 points is always a better result however the level of performance against a weaker side can’t be overlooked! We fucking go at them on a Sunday & there’s definitely potential for them to crumble on the day! 

If we can then get to the winter break without losing any more ground, we’ve got a massive chance with the way the games run! 

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Goldson has mad brain farts at times. Man 

I actually have no fear whatsoever about Young Boys game as European football suits us...

I share your fear about Sunday though and fully agree if we lose then our season will cartwheel.

Gerrard simply has to get his team and tactics spot on and him and the fans are due a performance from some!

Just now, ben51 said:

Anger is subsiding and realism is sinking in for me.

The gap in terms of quality of player has certainly closed, but the gap in mentality is just as wide.

To close that would cost twice as much as we've already spent. I'm absolutely scunnered. 

Mentally is huge Ben. It's why under Walter people moaned about style. Fuck style. Aberdeen had the ball for about 3 mins in the first half when added together. 

Style isn't a substitute for a winners mentality imo. 

I out the other day, get up there, win and get to fuck. 

Fuck the performance. 

First half was excellent but I'd rather be shite like when dodoo got two and we won 3 0 and get to fuck with 3 points 

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

By end of Motherwell away in a week's time we could be 1 cup down, out the europa and out a title race  yes I know it can go the other way but them scoring a 91st min winner the night feels like a dig in the gut. 

I thought tonight early on the players were really up for it to show they deserved to start on Sunday but one goal fucked us so easily and we went into hiding we just seem to lack back bone as a team.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Form goes out the window in an OF match. I have seen enough of them to know this. Tonight doesn't change the fact we have every chance of winning the cup as they do.

Aye it does mate but we've had some. Real. Spankings and that last 2 0 was one of the worst. Not cause they were great but fuck me. We were awful 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I thought tonight early on the players were really up for it to show they deserved to start on Sunday but one goal fucked us so easily and we went into hiding we just seem to lack back bone as a team.

I think we did. Look. Beaton has to give the penalty, I'm. Not making excuses for. Our frailties but imagine the taigs were denied that in a draw ffs. All hell would break loose 

11 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Only you could get away with that OP tonight 52 . You are probably not far wrong though. We are still short and fragile for me

We lose on Sunday . The confidence is going to dip . I don't believe it's the same for them

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

I think we did. Look. Beaton has to give the penalty, I'm. Not making excuses for. Our frailties but imagine the taigs were denied that in a draw ffs. All hell would break loose 

It was a penalty when Walker states it should be a penalty you know it's a stick on, plus how did Cosgrove stay on was a sham.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Only you could get away with that OP tonight 52 . You are probably not far wrong though. We are still short and fragile for me

We lose on Sunday . The confidence is going to dip . I don't believe it's the same for them

Mate it's after the game and I'm angry. That was total domination, in fact maybe the best individual Rangers performance in one half since we stopped them winning league at ibrox and then we chucked it. 

Not being a wank but why would only I get away with an op like this regarding out mental state? 

IMO Sunday has now become even more pivotal. We NEED silverware. We need something. A win on Sunday would be massive. It's everything.

It doesn't matter what I say or anyone says though, whether you are an optimist, a pessimist or a realist, r maybe a combination of them all. I think right now most will not be feeling too confident. It's not going to be easy but if a team that has Morelos and McGregor in it, always gives me hope. Throw in Jack, Kent and Barasic and if your Tavs, Arfields, Kamaras turn up we really do have the beating of them. I don't want to turn this into, nah he's shite, he's a bottler thread, but i really do think we are good enough to beat them. We do have a good team. We can beat them.

The second half was a concern, the defence is a concern but they have defensive issues too. Sunday is fucking huge. We have to sacrifice everything, blood, sweat, tears, the whole gang. We need this so badly. If we are at it, we absolutely have the beating of them.

Archived