Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rfc52

I hate saying this but Sunday for me

Recommended Posts

I fear a pasting.

We are on a low and they are on a high, mentality is a huge thing in a cup final and we have been excellent up until tonight where we in a singl half turned into a team I’ve not seen since before Gerrard came in.

We do that for even a small spell on Sunday and it’s curtains.

Another season of nothing and the implications don’t bear thinking about 

Valance1690 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We lose on Sunday and the whole season is gone. It galvanises them massively and it’ll kill our season big time. 

We absolutely have to win, mentality wise to break their dominance and just to get that silverware and we’ll go on and win the rest of our games in December I think. 

Lose on Sunday and we’ll be 5+ behind them by the time we turn up at Parkhead

Couldnt agree more with this post

Prso's headband likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going into sunday with the same belief as before, we can beat them.

One bad result doesn't change that for me. 

Dust ourselves off and get ready to go again on sunday.  Get that first trophy in the bag and get some serious momentum going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We lose on Sunday and the whole season is gone. It galvanises them massively and it’ll kill our season big time. 

We absolutely have to win, mentality wise to break their dominance and just to get that silverware and we’ll go on and win the rest of our games in December I think. 

Lose on Sunday and we’ll be 5+ behind them by the time we turn up at Parkhead

Spot on , it means everything , we are fucked if we lose this..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Can't argue with any of that mate 

It's just so frustrating! Can't blame anyone for being fucking scunnered after that. If we were 2 down and came back suddenly it's a decent point but the manner of it is a fucking sore one. Don't think anyone seen it coming either. We were totally bossing the game. Fucking hate football at times!

Zappa6995, Rfc52 and murzo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

It's just so frustrating! Can't blame anyone for being fucking scunnered after that. If we were 2 down and came back suddenly it's a decent point but the manner of it is a fucking sore one. Don't think anyone seen it coming either. We were totally bossing the game. Fucking hate football at times!

It's because how poor they were. One shot from. 40 yards in 33 mins ffs after we had the ball 83or so % of the time 

Laudrup1984 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday is and has always been a must win game. We can only hope that after tonight's performance that the players will be busting a gut to get to the next game. But we have to start in a similar fashion to the first half tonight. If we go into it with same mindset as the first game against them at Ibrox and the first half against Feynoord. Then it's inevitable that we won't win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

David Edgar on H@H the other day said something I agree with. We absolutely have a couple cb that dont like taking one for the team to stop danger. 

 

It's true . None of them can play nasty . Sometimes clumsy or stupid more often than not  . Never clever enough to try to leave something on the opposition players. Hurt the bastards

You look at Sheep tonight early doors . Elbow in Tavs face first minute  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Going into sunday with the same belief as before, we can beat them.

One bad result doesn't change that for me. 

Dust ourselves off and get ready to go again on sunday.  Get that first trophy in the bag and get some serious momentum going. 

This all day. Gutted tonight but doesn't change  the Sunday game imho. We can beat them. And as much as I want that more than anything else right now, even if we don't it won't define the season. The most important game will be the league game against them- that one could make or break our season.

BlueKnight87 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted tonight too and scrabbling around for a positive. If this result tonight is the square kick in the nuts the side needs before rolling up their sleeves for Sunday’s game is all I can hope for. 

ZZed likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I fear a pasting.

We are on a low and they are on a high, mentality is a huge thing in a cup final and we have been excellent up until tonight where we in a singl half turned into a team I’ve not seen since before Gerrard came in.

We do that for even a small spell on Sunday and it’s curtains.

Another season of nothing and the implications don’t bear thinking about 

S I genuinely dont fear that mate, but agree on the high they'll be on. Looked like they'd fucked their chance yet found a way, theyll be absolutely fucking buoyant 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

It’s huge. 
 

We win - It will give us the belief, it won’t knock them much tho. 
 

We lose - I fear for the worst.

For all I've questioned us mate, I need to disagree. A team used to winning it all losing, it wi fucking hurt them alright 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That shite tonight has just scunnered me for Sunday. The only thing that is making me go is the fear that I may be wrong and miss out if we win. However, the complete lack of character amongst those shitebags is deeply concerning. They simply do not have the drive and mental strength to do the business.

 

Its not an over reaction after one poor performance, they are gutless. No leaders, no bottle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

If Sunday goes wrong I can see a huge wobble coming personally.

Agreed. 

Season is over if we don’t win. Squad don’t have the mentality to cope with another setback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Absolutely gutted tonight. I didn't see a collapse like that in this squad. I was horribly wrong tonight. 

 

Same here mate.. if someone had said to me after 30mins that we would draw 2-2..I would have told them to go to Cherry Knowles mental hospital....(our local hospital for loons). On the other note I think we will be Raging on sunday and gunning for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Barisic is back for Sunday it will give me a bit more confidence going into the game. Even tonight there was a few free kicks on the edge of the box that he would have been all over and we missed his attacking threat. As has been said , the team lacks leaders with the mentality  that drag the team on when under a bit of pressure. Makes Sunday feel like it could be a long day. I can already feel the nerves building , just hope we mange any sort of win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's true . None of them can play nasty . Sometimes clumsy or stupid more often than not  . Never clever enough to try to leave something on the opposition players. Hurt the bastards

You look at Sheep tonight early doors . Elbow in Tavs face first minute  

 

Thought early on Goldson was going to give us that. Not happening.

40 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

This all day. Gutted tonight but doesn't change  the Sunday game imho. We can beat them. And as much as I want that more than anything else right now, even if we don't it won't define the season. The most important game will be the league game against them- that one could make or break our season.

Trying to find positives😠 If we manage to show up and do it Sunday different title race👍

39 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

S I genuinely dont fear that mate, but agree on the high they'll be on. Looked like they'd fucked their chance yet found a way, theyll be absolutely fucking buoyant 

 

Unfortunately that is the big difference, be it mentality as they are now used to winning or whatever, remember how pleased we were after the likes of the win over Kilmarnock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't bare thinking about to consider us unable to do what it takes to lift it.

No better time to prove to us all the have the bottle to put up a real challenge.

Simply have to believe they can, we fucking deserve it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

If we don’t win on Sunday we won’t stop 10IRA. We really need a cup win to at least get a winning mentality installed.

You are absolutely right. The next season and a half is on Sunday.  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...