I hate saying this but Sunday for me

RFC55

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Do you know what, I fancy us on Sunday.

How many times over the years have we gone in as underdogs or off the back off a poor result or run of games and pulled it out the bag?

Tonight was a sore one, and I think Sunday will be a nail biter, but I fancy us to show up. Call it blind faith, or whatever you want, but I think Sunday will be more like a European game and for me that suits us.

I agree with this. The SPL is too physical for our style. celtic will come to play just like the top teams in Europe. It will suit us and bring the best out of our skilled players.

I think the first 5/10 mins on Sunday will be pivotal, we need to be out the traps quick and set the tempo for the game as they did against us at Ibrox. If we get them on the back foot from the start we've got a chance, if we let them settle and stand off them we've no chance.

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Tbh tonight was a very high pressure game and the players have fucked it 

psychologically that will play a part on Sunday, no matter what anyone says 

High pressure that we dealt with with ease for 40mins. I think the players must been shocked at just how bad the sheep where then got complacent.

That's as bad a first half as I can remember from them up there against us.

9 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

If Sunday goes wrong I feel our season will go off the rails, it's on a knife edge. 

By end of Motherwell away in a week's time we could be 1 cup down, out the europa and out a title race  yes I know it can go the other way but them scoring a 91st min winner the night feels like a dig in the gut. 

If Sunday goes wrong I can see a huge wobble from us. 

I've been sent some tweets asking was scraping by Hamilton a better win than our draw tonight in terms of tonight's games. 

Ffs when has 3 points never been better than one? Especially the manner of tonight. 

I'm not a defeatist and we have Sunday well within us but we also have moments like tonight in us. 

I really want stevie to succeed but nothing this season is another failure and as a famous captain once said second is nothing 

I think the wobble has begun already 

No doubting mentality plays a big part but how on Earth you can go from competing with the teams in Europe like we have to capitulating and becoming nervous against English league 2 standard players is rather unprofessional in my eyes.

last night bar jacks goal he looked a fraction of the player we see in Europe, you could tell after 15 minutes that Morelos was having a mare, Davis was misplacing passes and Flanagan can’t even hoof a ball out.   

Young Boys was a set back and some thought we had fucked our Europa chances. We came back and it's now in our hands to qualify. Tarriers and then Hearts were further setbacks and again some thought the league was gone. We came back and went joint top. Last night was another setback, a huge setback but we have time to rectify. Still a long way to go in the league. We'll both drop further points but we're still right in it. I still think we can recover the league situation.

Sunday is a one off game and it suits our style. Big park, lots of space, almost like a European game and most of our squad have tasted victory against them. There is no chance to rectify any failures this time though. It's all or nothing. We have to be at it all game. As with every game I'm still confident we can do this. We have an amazing chance of winning this. Let's fucking do it.

We'll win on Sunday. Morelos will get a couple and everything will be fine on here again on Sunday night.

I don't blame people for worrying especially after last night but some of the reaction has been a bit too dramatic for me. We're 2 points behind them because we slipped up away from home and they managed to nick an injury time winner at home to Hamilton. Fair enough questioning the mentality of the team after being 2-0 up etc but if that mob are having to grind out results like that at home then there's no way they aren't going to have more slip ups along the way too. Totally agree with the OP in the sense that losing on Sunday could completely derail us. I just don't think it's going to happen.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

We'll win on Sunday. Morelos will get a couple and everything will be fine on here again on Sunday night.

I don't blame people for worrying especially after last night but some of the reaction has been a bit too dramatic for me. We're 2 points behind them because we slipped up away from home and they managed to nick an injury time winner at home to Hamilton. Fair enough questioning the mentality of the team after being 2-0 up etc but if that mob are having to grind out results like that at home then there's no way they aren't going to have more slip ups along the way too. Totally agree with the OP in the sense that losing on Sunday could completely derail us. I just don't think it's going to happen.

Love your confidence and hope you are right.

I think we will get horsed and that back line will be behind it and Morelos will be garbage just like he was last night.......

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I have no idea if they actually had to grind out a result or not but maybe they were happy with a one goal lead and not bursting a gut with an eye on Sunday.

We on the other hand couldn’t cope with a change in their tactics , they were the better team second half.

We have to learn to shut up shop.

Sunday is massive in more ways than one. After that cave in the players have nowhere to hide, they MUST react on Sunday by hurting celtic and delivering the cup! Also for Gerrard, this is old firm no.3 against the lurgan bigot... he’s lost the last 2.. it cannot be 3 out of 3 ffs!! 

At 2-0 up, top teams either kick on and get more, or they shut the door and control the game to see it out. The fact we cant do the latter is what worries me for Sunday. Even if we find our self 2-0 up at HT, you just know there is a high chance we will concede and make an arse of it.  Hopefully Barisic is back on Sunday, as we were woefully unbalanced last night with Flanagan on the left, and I think it also effected Kents game not having Borna playing.

Play the right team and tactics, cut out the mistakes, I think we'll at least get to the lottery of penalties. Let them worry about us, dont adapt our personnel / style to counter theirs.

Given he'll not change CHs I predict

McGregor

Tav Tweedledum Tweedledee Borna

Kamara Jack Davis

Arfield Morelos Kent.

I hope he plays Aribo instead of Arfield. Borna must play, if not fit I'd rather Halliday than JF though it's a big ask.

We can fucking do this.

Archived